Why Don't I Look Like a Fuc@ing Monster?

How many grams of protein do you eat daily?

I aint got a fucking clue, adding up what i just posted i’d say at least 180, 190. Of course i eat different shit everyday. All relatively the same as far as frequency and amount.

although the comments made about food are valid, have you also considered that maybe you aren’t training well enough (I did not say hard enough) to create hypertrophy?
Are you doing enough volume?
Perhaps training a muscle once per week is better for you (and this is coming from a guy who does better on high frequency but still…?
Perhaps you are focusing on increasing strength too much, at the expense of hypertrophy?

DoggCrap isn’t for everybody and honestly, I think you are not there yet.

I have dealt with the same problem you are experiencing in the past. Numbers going up and up and up and yet not really a lot of extra mass. Trained my ass of with high intensity (not mental effort but heavy weights) and it just did not add mass like I thought it would.

Perhaps you should do the opposite of what you are doing and do something like: 8 sets of 3 reps working up to 5 reps per set before increasing weight. Or 4 sets of 12-6 reps or 6 sets of 6 or 5 sets of 5, whatever.

Try to increase the volume for a while and see how that works. When the program you are doing currently isn’t producing the results you are after (and your mental effort and food intake or good) then logic dictates you try something else…

Good luck,

Marc

Yeah, ive just gotta couple of weeks of DC left and then a week off. And then i’m trying to figure out which programs next. I’ve looked at alll the programs here…or almost all and b4 DC did Thibs hss-100. Anyone got suggestions? Cause otherwise as a change of pace I’m gonna turn to Arnolds encyclopedia of bbing and use one of his routines for ppl that arent on roids. i.e. a more basic one

[quote]Deliverance wrote:
i cant eat to much because i gain fat rather easily[/quote]

It appears most of the fat gain is in the cranium region.

I’m 19 and I’ve been lifting for several years now and weigh about 167 at 5’11’'. I can deadlift 415 using a mixed grip, squat 225 for reps(just started training squat seriously again after hurting my knee squatting to deep with 315 years ago while wrestling in high school), and can bench 255 5 times, and can do 16 pull-ups until i start having to cheat.

I was overweight til i was 14 and then i started eating healthy and really getting into it. However my arms aren’t really big, and i’ve still got more body fat than i’d like, yet i only weigh 167. I started doing complexes 2x a week, plus staedy state cardio at an incline for 20-40 minutes a day, all in addition to dogg crapp training which i’ve been doing for about 6 weeks now. I eat very clean, stop eating carbs except vegetables after 4 pm.

Any opinions? advice?[/quote]

Add 100 cals per day for one week. Weight + calipers. Did I gain?
Yes…continue. No?
Add an additional 100 cals per day for one week. Weight + calipers. Did I gain?

And so on…

1. Is this real?

2. Why are newbs using DC?

3. Why do people who weigh under 170lbs think they should look like “monsters”?

lol, i guess its just the side effect of being a former fat kid. But thanx sevenmoist i’ve had my run in with things of that nature and weighed 135 by the time i was in jail after living in my car for 5 months…dont ask.

Just an example

I’ll eat these every 2-2 and a half hours

1 Rice and tuna with cashews and soy sauce

2 protein shake and half cup oatmeal with cinnamon and milk

3 A bunch of eggs and 2 slices of whole wheat toast

4 post wo Yogurt with protein powder and a sweet potato

5 Protein shake

6 A chicken salad w/ protein shake

7 Right b4 bed, a protein shake[/quote]

Looks to me like there is too much dependence on shakes. Eat big fat juicy steak every now and the(ie, once or twice a week).
You could always try GOMAD. I’ve never seen people say they didn’t gain a good bit of muscle on it(a bit of fat is to be expected with it but if you really are putting the effort required in the gym, it won’t be much of an issue)

I didnt think I was a newb due to my lifting numbers, which may not be that spectacular, but i figured at least decent

GOMAD?

You may not be a newb with respect to lifting with those numbers but with respect to bodybuilding you’re a newb.

I was over-weight for a long time as a kid…soon as I hit 22 I didn’t want to put up with it any more. Over the course of 18 months I went through a helluva lot of changes, awesome weight loss, muscle gain, improved quality of life etc. all those kickass “noob gains”.

I’m still learning alot, but it is tough to get over that “fear” of turning fat again. I found keeping a food log to be extremely worth while.

Like Cally said “The thing you have to remember is that you were fat cause you ate like shit and did no exercise.” I wish I’d have had someone tell it to me like that before I went through 6 months of frustration : )

YOU ARE NOW A MONSTER RAWRRRR!!!1

LMFAO!!!

[quote]nik133 wrote:
YOU ARE NOW A MONSTER RAWRRRR!!!1[/quote]

/thread.

Sorry guy,

But as far as being significantly overweight once, your body will not function like the usual. Your Basal Metabolic Rate is lowered and your ability to use nutrients properly is at a disadvantage. Not to mention that if you do eat like a “HARD GAINER”, or even just a good hearty diet. We’ll suffer some fat gain. It’s the swing of things, it sucks, but that’s life. So as far as putting on muscle, it will take us longer then usual as we need to be more careful than most others.

BUT there are ways to fix metabolic syndromes and damage created from once being significantly overweight. That is to properly cut down to a low bodyfat, im talking sub 7%. Keeping a good amount of lean healthy muscle and maintaining that for a while. Then you can slowly begin to introduce carbohydrates back into your system as your body will be more able to handle them efficiently.

Once all is said and done, things can look up.

Other then that, eat clean, eat enough for your goals and bodytype and work hard! Goodluck

Thanx choke on strength. I’ve always wanted to look like the girl from the exorcist!!

If that’s you in your avatar, then I can see why you’d ask those retarded questions.

My advice: put down the banjo and start eating.

lol

[quote]nik133 wrote:
YOU ARE NOW A MONSTER RAWRRRR!!!1[/quote]

Lmao you’re really funny. You had that hilarious transcript post in the Insane Workout thread and now this.