T Nation

Why Does She Have to Be So Stupid?

I mean, wtf? Her cat died. So? Let me start from the beginning. I have a very serious problem. I’m fucking crying because of how stupid I am.

Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured “cool, I’ll just play Pokemon while I wait.”

So I’m playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she’s crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny Pidgey. Holy shit. (For those of you who don’t know/care, shiny Pokemon have less than a 1/10,000 chance of appearing). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling “holy shit, YES,” interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell “You don’t even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME!” I’m still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny Pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly notice that she broke it. My system and my shiny Pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn’t know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a dumb ass and swinging my fists around. She yelled out “FUCK YOU,” and ran out of my house in tears.

What have I done? I’ve fucked up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her. I don’t want a game of Pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever. I know it’s obvious that she is over-reacting, but getting her to see that will probably be impossible. Help me.

LOL. This shit should have been video taped and publicly broadcast.

[quote]grew7 wrote:
A shiny Pidgey. Holy shit. (For those of you who don’t know/care, shiny Pokemon have less than a 1/10,000 chance of appearing). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling “holy shit, YES,” interrupting her mid-story…

My system and my shiny Pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn’t know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a dumb ass and swinging my fists around…

I know it’s obvious that she is over-reacting, but getting her to see that will probably be impossible. Help me.[/quote]

Let me get this straight, you think she over-reacted?

This thread is already sad.

But to give you advice, wait a couple of days and go over or call her.

Then see what happens.

Oh, and any possibility that you were overreacting to your incident in the game? See, you lost the creature in the game anyway. If you had quit the game when she came you would have that game-thingy still intact.

(Yes, I am sure this is a troll, but it was well enough written for me to write a serious reply.)

grew, before the cops come you better hide the heads in your fridge.

D

This might get the BALBOS award for the stupidest thread ever created.

Pokeymon…are you fucking serious.

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not. If this story is real, that should give you an indication of how fucked up you are.

Ya bud, your definately at fault here. The cat was obviously important to her… Your only hope is to beg for forgiveness.

BAHHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

Thats the last you will see of her!

[quote]grew7 wrote:
What have I done?
[/quote]

You showed her how much of a pussy you are.

[quote]
I’ve fucked up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her.[/quote]

Well, you might want to make sure she doesnt have a restraining order on you since you hit her. That, or watch out for her bigger brother.

Don’t worry, it will all seem insignificant once you reach junior high. You have some serious growing up to do.

Hmm…let me get this straight: You are a grown up and were playing a video game called ‘Pokemon’. Then, your girlfriend comes in crying that her pet died and, at the same time, a super special shiny Pokemon appears on the screen. You are so enthralled by the shiny Pokemon that you don’t listen to your girlfriend and, instead, you just stare at the little (shiny!) creature on the screen. Am I getting this correct so far? After she runs out, you log on to a weightlifting website to ask what should be done to get your girlfriend back?

Funny stuff. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume (hope/pray to god) that this was a joke. Otherwise, you’re a BIG ol’ retard

[quote]nephorm wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
This might get the BALBOS award for the stupidest thread ever created.

Pokeymon…are you fucking serious.[/quote]

I honestly thought that was restricted to 5 year olds. I can’t stand to even hear that damn show come on. It is like a mad scramble for the remote.

The best part about this thread, besides Professor X’s comment is the title.

Why does SHE have to be so stupid???

I think a more fitting title would be,
WHY am I such a moron?

p.s.
You sir, are indeed, STUPID. TC, please delete this thread before more T-Men succumb to its T-Lowering, brain cell reducing effects…

She overreacted?

You couldn’t take your eyes off a video game to comfort someone who is grieving?

Grow up.

Let us put this into perspective, shall we?

You are crying over your loss of a digital creature that you saw for two seconds.

She was crying over the loss of her pet, which she has likely had for years.

Oh, I nearly forgot - it was her, not you, who was being stupid. How could I have missed that?

Did this really happen?

A SHINY PIDGEY!?!?!?!? No fucking way!

Man, you should’ve back handed her as soon as that appeared on screen, nothing is worth losing the chance at catching a shiny pidgey!

For the sake of your soul, I hope you’re kidding with this story.

Nice thread, Grew7. You managed to fool quite a few people and some of the reactions were good for a laugh.

I liked this one better, though…
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=996388&pageNo=0#996444