T Nation

Why Does Obama Sound Familiar?


#1

Obama has great appeal to young people, who worship him like a rock star. Obama is very eloquent and says quite a bit, which some say are empty words. Let's see if his speeches are familiar:

Does he sound like this guy? ;D


#2

Hard at work Mr. Troll, are we?

Obama appeals to the young people because:

  • He’s about 1,000,000 times more eloquent than Dubya whom they had to put up with for 8 years.
  • He’s a lot more “normal” than the handicapped stuttering clod the GOP is most likely to nominate.
  • He’s not a psychotic bitch with more baggage than JFK airport and who’s at the service of big corps and wealthy individuals.
  • He’s charismatic.
  • He promises a change of course for the country.

And just so we’re clear, I hate the guy’s guts.


#3

The next 4 years are going to be FUNNY.


#4

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Obama has great appeal to young people, who worship him like a rock star. Obama is very eloquent and says quite a bit, which some say are empty words. Let’s see if his speeches are familiar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KgJQUXr2Ws&feature=related

Does he sound like this guy? ;D[/quote]

Making calls to Fox News Radio,have we?? lol. The comparison is an absurd cheap shot. I understand the premise,BUT was Hitler the only choice to use as an example of charisma that influenced people?? NOPE. I swear…people are de-evolving. The stuff that is coming out of people’s mouths concerning Obama is ridiculous.


#5

[quote]lixy wrote:
Hard at work Mr. Troll, are we?

Obama appeals to the young people because:

  • He’s about 1,000,000 times more eloquent than Dubya whom they had to put up with for 8 years.
  • He’s a lot more “normal” than the handicapped stuttering clod the GOP is most likely to nominate.
  • He’s not a psychotic bitch with more baggage than JFK airport and who’s at the service of big corps and wealthy individuals.
  • He’s charismatic.
  • He promises a change of course for the country.

And just so we’re clear, I hate the guy’s guts.[/quote]

Which one? Obama? So you don’t hate Hitler?


#6

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Obama has great appeal to young people, who worship him like a rock star. Obama is very eloquent and says quite a bit, which some say are empty words. Let’s see if his speeches are familiar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KgJQUXr2Ws&feature=related

Does he sound like this guy? ;D

Making calls to Fox News Radio,have we?? lol. The comparison is an absurd cheap shot. I understand the premise,BUT was Hitler the only choice to use as an example of charisma that influenced people?? NOPE. I swear…people are de-evolving. The stuff that is coming out of people’s mouths concerning Obama is ridiculous.
[/quote]

Hmmm…young, charismatic, mesmerizes his followers, fabulous speaker, makes a lot of promises (which has a few of thepoints of the 25 point party program of the NSDAP, aka Nazis).

His country facing economic ruin because of a lost war and huge debts…

Man, this is FUN!!

Actually, I like Obama. He is precisely what this country deserves. I like people getting just exactly what they deserve.


#7

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Obama has great appeal to young people, who worship him like a rock star. Obama is very eloquent and says quite a bit, which some say are empty words. Let’s see if his speeches are familiar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KgJQUXr2Ws&feature=related

Does he sound like this guy? ;D

Making calls to Fox News Radio,have we?? lol. The comparison is an absurd cheap shot. I understand the premise,BUT was Hitler the only choice to use as an example of charisma that influenced people?? NOPE. I swear…people are de-evolving. The stuff that is coming out of people’s mouths concerning Obama is ridiculous.

Hmmm…young, charismatic, mesmerizes his followers, fabulous speaker, makes a lot of promises (which has a few of thepoints of the 25 point party program of the NSDAP, aka Nazis).

His country facing economic ruin because of a lost war and huge debts…

Man, this is FUN!!

Actually, I like Obama. He is precisely what this country deserves. I like people getting just exactly what they deserve.

[/quote]

Hmmm…something about that last statement makes me ask…What exactly does the country deserve???


#8

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Actually, I like Obama. He is precisely what this country deserves. I like people getting just exactly what they deserve.

Hmmm…something about that last statement makes me ask…What exactly does the country deserve???[/quote]

Hmmm…a people that seeks to spend money it doesn’t have, a people that wants the effect (a happy prosperous society) but not the cause (capitalism), that seeks to escape from reality, that wants a ‘free’ retirement, ‘free’ healthcare, ‘free’ education, ‘free’ prescription drugs, on and on. What DO they deserve?

They think they can live by evasion of justice. They think that violence is practical. They think someone will always be there to pay their bills, no matter how irrational their demands.

What happens when they run out of victims? Like the old Roman Empire, what happens when the music stops?

Barack Obama is just EXACTLY what we deserve.


#9

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Actually, I like Obama. He is precisely what this country deserves. I like people getting just exactly what they deserve.

Hmmm…something about that last statement makes me ask…What exactly does the country deserve???

Hmmm…a people that seeks to spend money it doesn’t have, a people that wants the effect (a happy prosperous society) but not the cause (capitalism), that seeks to escape from reality, that wants a ‘free’ retirement, ‘free’ healthcare, ‘free’ education, ‘free’ prescription drugs, on and on. What DO they deserve?

They think they can live by evasion of justice. They think that violence is practical. They think someone will always be there to pay their bills, no matter how irrational their demands.

What happens when they run out of victims? Like the old Roman Empire, what happens when the music stops?

Barack Obama is just EXACTLY what we deserve.

[/quote]

I figured you were hinting at something of that nature. If thats the case…whoever wins is exactly what we “deserve.” It sucks having to vote for the lesser of two evils. I like Obama…but none of the candidates are very promising…but hey,thats politics,right?


#10

“All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to. Consequently, the greater the mass it is intended to reach, the lower its purely intellectual level will have to be…The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan. As soon as you sacrifice this slogan and try to be many-sided, the effect will piddle away, for the crowd can neither digest nor retain the material offered. In this way the result is weakened and in the end entirely cancelled out”

-Adolf Hitler


#11

Not to change the subject…but the warmonger to me seams to be McCain. 100 yrs? come on. Its not 1960 we dont need, can afford or want another Korea. On top of that what is his economic policy? Dose he have one? How can you make Bushes tax cuts permanent when you voted against them? I am by no means a Dem. but how can anyone vote for that guy.

But what REALLY REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!! is when he say He just got back form Iraq and that WE(thats right we i’ve been twice) soldiers want to stay!?! No we dont, we want to be at home with are wives that are 40 yrs younger than us. We go b/c its our jobs, but we cant save the world by our selves


#12

Can’t youtube here but do you just compare him to Hitler? There are a lot of reasons why this guy shouldn’t be president but Hitler comparisons are totally uncalled for.

I hate to agree with Lixy but you have gone beyond taking outrageous positions to make people think and are in troll territory now.


#13

…Does anyone remember when all the asshats started comparing Bush to Hitler…?

Yeah, this is that kind of stupid.


#14

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Not to change the subject…but the warmonger to me seams to be McCain. 100 yrs? come on. …[/quote]

Do you know what he said? He said he would station troops there 100 years if it would keep the peace as in Germany and Korea.

Keeping peace does not equal warmonger.


#15

Oh. come on, Headhunter, you have a better imagination than that. Comparisons to Adolf Hitler are just so… Bush Administration. If you’re going to shock us, why not compare Mr. Obama to someone more controversial, like, say, Robert Mugabe. I’ll bet you could find plenty of political similarities.


#16

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
“All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to. Consequently, the greater the mass it is intended to reach, the lower its purely intellectual level will have to be…The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan. As soon as you sacrifice this slogan and try to be many-sided, the effect will piddle away, for the crowd can neither digest nor retain the material offered. In this way the result is weakened and in the end entirely cancelled out”

-Adolf Hitler

[/quote]

Yep, the man was brilliant. He understood how to take the true human emotions and use them to cancel out intellect. Hitler was probably one of the most brilliant evil geniuses the world has ever produced.

If he hadn’t got Parkinson’s Disease and Syphillis, he probably would have conquered most of the world.

And if Reinhard Heydrich had succeeded him…yikes!!!


#17

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Can’t youtube here but do you just compare him to Hitler? There are a lot of reasons why this guy shouldn’t be president but Hitler comparisons are totally uncalled for.

I hate to agree with Lixy but you have gone beyond taking outrageous positions to make people think and are in troll territory now.[/quote]

Come on Zap, you know I have a wicked sense of humor. And comparisons to Hitler are so popular with the anti-Bush crowd.

I DO NOT think Obama is philosophically like Hitler. Obama’s socialism is certainly much kinder and gentler, at least for now.


#18

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Actually, I like Obama. He is precisely what this country deserves. I like people getting just exactly what they deserve.

Hmmm…something about that last statement makes me ask…What exactly does the country deserve???

Hmmm…a people that seeks to spend money it doesn’t have, a people that wants the effect (a happy prosperous society) but not the cause (capitalism), that seeks to escape from reality, that wants a ‘free’ retirement, ‘free’ healthcare, ‘free’ education, ‘free’ prescription drugs, on and on. What DO they deserve?

They think they can live by evasion of justice. They think that violence is practical. They think someone will always be there to pay their bills, no matter how irrational their demands.

What happens when they run out of victims? Like the old Roman Empire, what happens when the music stops?

Barack Obama is just EXACTLY what we deserve.

I figured you were hinting at something of that nature. If thats the case…whoever wins is exactly what we “deserve.” It sucks having to vote for the lesser of two evils. I like Obama…but none of the candidates are very promising…but hey,thats politics,right? [/quote]

The fact that people go wild over Obama and his ‘substance’ compared to someone like Ron Paul, speaks volumes. People want the nanny state, not a limited government.
We’re doomed.


#19

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

The fact that people go wild over Obama and his ‘substance’ compared to someone like Ron Paul, speaks volumes. People want the nanny state, not a limited government.
We’re doomed.

[/quote]

I find the Obama cult quite similar to the Paul cult. Everyone wants a change in direction but if they fully understand where each wants to lead they would run screaming.

Both candidates are extremists. Obama just hides it better and is more charismatic.


#20

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

The fact that people go wild over Obama and his ‘substance’ compared to someone like Ron Paul, speaks volumes. People want the nanny state, not a limited government.
We’re doomed.

I find the Obama cult quite similar to the Paul cult. Everyone wants a change in direction but if they fully understand where each wants to lead they would run screaming.

Both candidates are extremists. Obama just hides it better and is more charismatic.[/quote]

That’s interesting! So Paul is an extremist FOR the Constitution while Obama is NOT?