My time to rant.
I’ve read a lot of threads lately that seem to have common theme. What’s the theme you say? “Nothing’s good enough”; that’s the theme. The glass is half empty. etc. etc.
I don’t care if the subject is a movie, a show, a book, a chic pic, or a blowjob you had. For a lot of you, and you know who you are, it wasn’t good enough.
It could have been Lord of the Rings and you’ll still hear “that movie sucked monkey balls”, it could be a show and you’ll hear “that show just didn’t live up to my excruciatingly high expectations, I’m disappointed, wah, wah, wah”, or a blowjob, “I masterbate better than that!”
I don’t get it. What is the motivating factor for these attitudes? Do you simply view the world through a negative, critical lense? And who the hell made you the Siskel and Roeper of the world? Are are you just suffering from too much estrogen? You know who you are. The ones that view any chick pic on this site and say “eeeewww, that chick has muscles” or “she’s too manly for me”.
So I ask you? Is there anything good enough in your life where you’re not going to constantly criticize it, bitch about it, or complain like a little whiny ass about it?
How about this strategy. The next time a thread comes up about any topic, try thinking about what you LIKED about it
instead of how it didn’t meet your ridiculous, unimportant, bratty kid, high expectations.
I think the world is made up of the 5% of people who actually do something in life and then the other 95% who do very little but complain about what those 5% are doing. I know the world is made up of critics but I would like to think that most of us are in the 5% group but after reading a number of posts recently now I’m not so sure.