Why Does California Suck?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Why California sucks…

We have a state legislature that is entirely Democratic, and even the Republicans here are fucking pussies. Last year, the state passed the largest tax hike in the history of our great country, and the deciding vote was passed by a Republican (Abel Maldonado you are the biggest piece of shit walking, I swear I will shit on your tombstone when that time comes.) We have huge entitlement plans here, the largest % of welfare recipients (we have 12% of the US population, but 35% of the US welfare cases). Think that will send you to the poor house at warp speed?

California is the best test case as to why big government sucks ass for the economy. Governor Schwarzen-failure increased govt by 40% in his term, yet did not downsize anything when the economy slowed down. Then we have Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villa-whore-rosa continue to hire more government employees when the economy slowed down. Then he gave them all raises and insane pensions. We now have a $28 Billion state deficit, with no end in sight. The unions control everything and everyone, wonder why Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown won over Nut-Meg Whitman? It wasn’t the illegal alien nanny, although it didn’t help. Meg is a two faced skank, always flip flopping on issues. Jerry had union backed support, with virtually unlimited resources.

I would also add that the insane illegal alien population here costs us billions with much less being returned back. $14 Billion of spending on illegal alien bullshit, half the

deficit. [/quote]

I agree with much of what you say here, I live in northern cali, and the reason I have a decent salary is because of unions.

even though health care costs, and every-fucking thing else went up as well, but we did not get a raise for 8 years. 8 years after unionization, our pay has almost doubled.

the hospital continues make a profit despite being “forced” by the evil unions to pay us a fair wage.

If it makes you feel better, close to 50% of my unfairly earned union wage goes to government taxes.

Victor Davis Hanson wrote a great article about the problems of illegal immigration and the lack of integration of Mexicans into Californian society.

Two Californias

http://www.victorhanson.com/articles/hanson121610.html

[quote]Menthol wrote:
Victor Davis Hanson wrote a great article about the problems of illegal immigration and the lack of integration of Mexicans into Californian society.

Two Californias

http://www.victorhanson.com/articles/hanson121610.html[/quote]

Great article. And again, that resembles Texas greatly. Im honestly afraid of Texas turning for the worse. Our “conservative” governor hasnt stepped up on immigration as much as he said he would.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Why California sucks…

We have a state legislature that is entirely Democratic, and even the Republicans here are fucking pussies. Last year, the state passed the largest tax hike in the history of our great country, and the deciding vote was passed by a Republican (Abel Maldonado you are the biggest piece of shit walking, I swear I will shit on your tombstone when that time comes.) We have huge entitlement plans here, the largest % of welfare recipients (we have 12% of the US population, but 35% of the US welfare cases). Think that will send you to the poor house at warp speed?

California is the best test case as to why big government sucks ass for the economy. Governor Schwarzen-failure increased govt by 40% in his term, yet did not downsize anything when the economy slowed down. Then we have Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villa-whore-rosa continue to hire more government employees when the economy slowed down. Then he gave them all raises and insane pensions. We now have a $28 Billion state deficit, with no end in sight. The unions control everything and everyone, wonder why Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown won over Nut-Meg Whitman? It wasn’t the illegal alien nanny, although it didn’t help. Meg is a two faced skank, always flip flopping on issues. Jerry had union backed support, with virtually unlimited resources.

I would also add that the insane illegal alien population here costs us billions with much less being returned back. $14 Billion of spending on illegal alien bullshit, half the

deficit. [/quote]

I agree with much of what you say here, I live in northern cali, and the reason I have a decent salary is because of unions.

even though health care costs, and every-fucking thing else went up as well, but we did not get a raise for 8 years. 8 years after unionization, our pay has almost doubled.

the hospital continues make a profit despite being “forced” by the evil unions to pay us a fair wage.

If it makes you feel better, close to 50% of my unfairly earned union wage goes to government taxes.

[/quote]

How else do you think we fund those government pensions? We have the highest taxes in the country, in almost every single category, to fund the union beast. Jerry Brown is going to only make it worse, as he was the governor who allowed people to unionize in the first place.

well, I dont know what I am trying to say. I consider myself a libitarian and conservative for the most part. I dont like the Idea of government sponsored unions, but I also dont like the idea of big daddy government prohibiting unions.

I am origionally from the southeast, and there were many laws on the books that made it very hard or impossible to unionize.

if labor wants to get together and collective bargain with a company, who is to say they cant.

All I know is that hospitals in every state I have ever worked has colluded in order to keep wages down, and wages remain stagnant in areas there is no nurses unions.

I would be making about the same if I went back to Alabama as I was making 10-12 years ago…but the cost of living sure as hell has went up.

If management and corporations are on the “same team”, why can’t labor “team-up” too?

I have no government pension plan btw, I contribute to a 403B and also contribute to my own Roth IRA.

The original idea behind unionization is NOT what it is today. Originally, it was to make sure workers were not abused with treatment, benefits, wages. Things like that. Now, they intend to gouge the system for more, and moar. We have not seen a single government worker laid off, because of union lobbying, while the private sector has been hit like good weed with layoffs. Everyone has to feel the pinch, Jerry Brown made it hard for government workers to feel it though.

Entitlements are killing everything. Unions are a tree whose limbs have to be trimmed back because they are killing the host.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
California is simply modern liberalism at its finest. The state is getting what it deserves for keeping Nancy Pelosi elected.[/quote]

The Wake of Destruction caused by California liberalism is engulfing the country. They kept these liberal scum in office long enough so they got chairmanships and big time committee assignments…and proceeded to inject poison into the country.

I honestly think a majority of Californians are lazy good-for-nothings. They want Nanny government to cuddle them from cradle to grave. They voted in Jerry (Moonbeam) Brown of all people. Barbara Boxer? Seriously? And then there’s Aunt Nancy! ROFLMAO!

These are people who belong in prison for what they’ve done…and you vote these vampires back in, hoping they will share the victims with you.

Cali sucks because Californians suck…like vampires.

Belligerent: not directed at you. Its at the majority in California.

well, I dont know what I am trying to say. I consider myself a libitarian and conservative for the most part. I dont like the Idea of government sponsored unions, but I also dont like the idea of big daddy government prohibiting unions.

I am origionally from the southeast, and there were many laws on the books that made it very hard or impossible to unionize.

if labor wants to get together and collective bargain with a company, who is to say they cant.

All I know is that hospitals in every state I have ever worked has colluded in order to keep wages down, and wages remain stagnant in areas there is no nurses unions.

I would be making about the same if I went back to Alabama as I was making 10-12 years ago…but the cost of living sure as hell has went up.

If management and corporations are on the “same team”, why can’t labor “team-up” too?

I have no government pension plan btw, I contribute to a 403B and also contribute to my own Roth IRA.

[/quote]

The cost of living here in BAma is really freaking low. Of course its gone up but by comparison its still very low.

I’m not sure what nurses you are talking about but I work at a research university and the nurses here are paid really well with great benefits.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

California is simply modern liberalism at its finest. The state is getting what it deserves for keeping Nancy Pelosi elected.[/quote]

The Wake of Destruction caused by California liberalism is engulfing the country. They kept these liberal scum in office long enough so they got chairmanships and big time committee assignments…and proceeded to inject poison into the country.

I honestly think a majority of Californians are lazy good-for-nothings. They want Nanny government to cuddle them from cradle to grave. They voted in Jerry (Moonbeam) Brown of all people. Barbara Boxer? Seriously? And then there’s Aunt Nancy! ROFLMAO!

These are people who belong in prison for what they’ve done…and you vote these vampires back in, hoping they will share the victims with you.

[/quote]

This pretty much sums it up, and I am sending this 911 alert to the rest of you. Do not let fucks like this settle in your state, do not let them get a foot hold. They will scream racism, xenophobia, classism, etc.

HH, I don’t suck either, I know you forgot to type that.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

This pretty much sums it up, and I am sending this 911 alert to the rest of you. Do not let fucks like this settle in your state, do not let them get a foot hold. They will scream racism, xenophobia, classism, etc.

HH, I don’t suck either, I know you forgot to type that. [/quote]

No shit HH…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

HH, I don’t suck either, I know you forgot to type that. [/quote]

No shit HH…
[/quote]

No, this most definitely was not directed at either of you. I quoted from his post so wanted him to know what I meant.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

[/quote]

The cost of living here in BAma is really freaking low. Of course its gone up but by comparison its still very low.

I’m not sure what nurses you are talking about but I work at a research university and the nurses here are paid really well with great benefits.[/quote]

I am not going to get into a big argument here over this…I will say that in the over 10 years I worked in different cities in Alabama and Georgia, nurses salaries were very stagnant. I never saw an across the board raise, cept one time, 50 cents. When the hospital did that, they also increased the amount we paid in health insurance premiums, and it was actually a pay cut when put all together.

another Hospital I worked at, same situation, never a pay raise, but also a pay cut, they said it was to fund the new parking structure. NO other department cept nursing got a pay cut to pay for this.

serious.

working in the pacific north west, and the southeast, even when I factor in for cost of living, I come out WAY better here in north cali as a nurse.

sorry, we will have to agree to disagree, this has been MY experience.

still know people who work in bama, and if I was to go back there and take a job, I would have a difficult time paying my child support and still maintain my modest standard of living.

my union is NOT a government union, and I contribute to my own retirement plan.

despite my conservative leanings, I have to admit it is hard for me to bash unions as a whole, because in my particular profession, I have benefited from a fair living wage.

before nurses unions, mechanics, truck drivers, air condition repairmen, etc, were making as much or more than I was.

and I operate million dollar equipment and manage critically ill people where if i make the slightest mistake, I can kill somebody within minutes.

not gonna argue anymore about this, this like I said just has been my personal experience.

you can have the last word if you like. :slight_smile:

I am enjoying the talk of Latino revolt because the Dream Act failed. Yes, speak of riots and violence because… No Amnesty No Peace.

Please riot, please create havoc and mayhem.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I am enjoying the talk of Latino revolt because the Dream Act failed. Yes, speak of riots and violence because… No Amnesty No Peace.

Please riot, please create havoc and mayhem. [/quote]

I watched ‘Falling Down’ (Michael Douglas) the other day and I kind of empathize with his character. He does everything right, becomes an engineer, but then his world falls apart. He walks through bad parts of L.A. and sees all sorts of people – and he starts blaming those people for the world becoming a shitpit (and quite frankly the swarming gang-infested barrios, white bum beggars, and rich self-absorbed fat cats were pretty disgusting). He worked in the defense industry and he begins to think that those people are not worth defending. Suicide becomes desireable for him.

Maybe this country needs a serious kick in the ass to get us back on track.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Please riot, please create havoc and mayhem. [/quote]

LOL…god I feel bad for you sometimes Max…

Don’t feel bad UL, should they be so stupid to actually riot because they didn’t get their amnesty, there would be a national movement against them, much larger than there already is. With unemployment being as bad as it is, there is little sympathy for law breaking border jumpers.

off topic: I had a dream I was suffocated by heavythrower’s avatar.

on topic: unions in and of themselves are not an issue; they become an issue when they collude with government to protect their particular profession from free market competition.

These protections amount to nothing more than price controls; and as always, price controls limit the supply of a certain good which always hurt the consumers.