Why Does BB.com Have a Bad Rep?

[quote]MsM wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
people here dont like bbing.com because they use confusing terminology like “lol” and “rofl”. i think this site definately has more over the hill lifters…kinda shown by the “over 35 lifter” forum.

Shit. 35 is over the hill? Guess that means in another year and a half I’ll have to put down the barbell and take up knitting or something.

I tried to get into that site and I just can’t do it. There may be some great info there but there is too much to sift through to find it. [/quote]

no, 35 isnt really over the hill. i just mean when you have a place like that, it shows the demographic of actual over the hill lifters at hand. shit i cant think of the guys name right now but its the guy everyone has in their avatar and people criticise him for being “anorexic” anyway that dude is like 60-something and still a beast.

[quote]King of Kings wrote:
I dont really know why it has such a bad rap.Its a good site.Plenty of quality info can be found at BB.com .They have alot of fluff on that site but u get that with so many members.

The scary thing is T-Nation is slowly becoming like bodybuilding.com after so many years of giving that place shit.

This use to be a hardcore website but since its lost that and gone more mainstream it not a popular(in my opinion) with the hardcore lifters as it use to be.

Dont get me wrong i still love T-Nation and visit nearly everyday,just saying bodybuilding.com is just as good as T-Nation.
[/quote]

I think it’d be dumb business-wise if T-Nation limited itself to just “hardcore” lifters. The more exposure, the better. However, I think T-Nation is trying to accommodate everyone since they created T-Cell Alpha, which is suppose to be meant for “hardcore” lifters. That’s suppose to be a place where they can congregate and discuss bodybuilding without being interrupted by newbs. It’s up to the members to a degree to create that feel for that part of the forum.

Anyway, bodybuilders come in all shapes and sizes and I think it’s best to try and accommodate as many of them as possible without watering down the content too much.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
people here dont like bbing.com because they use confusing terminology like “lol” and “rofl”. i think this site definately has more over the hill lifters…kinda shown by the “over 35 lifter” forum.

lol@ the people getting banned for arguing against what majority of the site thought, no matter how stupid it was…ah, so familiar.[/quote]

The look and feel of a site is evidenced less by the best that a site has to offer, and more by what is the lowest common denominator. I’d say T-Nation’s lowest common denominator is for the most part higher than BBing.com’s (see above).

[quote]SSC wrote:
Because…

C.) Member ‘Power’ is dictated by popularity. [/quote]

Yep. Posting becomes a popularity contest. I stopped going there a long time ago because its like high school, where the inmates run everything.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
SSC wrote:
Because…

C.) Member ‘Power’ is dictated by popularity.

Yep. Posting becomes a popularity contest. I stopped going there a long time ago because its like high school, where the inmates run everything.

[/quote]

You mean you some how managed to piss off most of the members there and they was not very receptive to your posts?

No fucking way I can’t belive that!

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Enjoy!

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2014222 [/quote]

Hahaha good times man good times :smiley:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
SSC wrote:
its like high school, where the inmates run everything.

[/quote]

chuckles at “inmates”

an insightful typo?:slight_smile:

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
SSC wrote:
Because…

C.) Member ‘Power’ is dictated by popularity.

You mean you some how managed to piss off most of the members there and they was not very receptive to your posts?

No fucking way I can’t belive that!

[/quote]

I was in the Green Zone when I left. I only like to piss off serious lifters, like here, like you. And you’re easy…jeezzz…

Teen forums. And everywhere their biles bleeds into.

There’s no difference (except maybe average age). Recently there has been an influx of people who don’t train but post because they enjoy feeling wanted and liked. They even have their own lingo…i.e. i like turtles, teh ghey, serial, teh interwebz, fail, Ftw. The best part is when they post pictures of cats and everybody thinks it’s hysterical. They then respond with more pictures of cats.

[quote]phox wrote:
There’s no difference (except maybe average age). Recently there has been an influx of people who don’t train but post because they enjoy feeling wanted and liked.

They even have their own lingo…i.e. i like turtles, teh ghey, serial, teh interwebz, fail, Ftw. The best part is when they post pictures of cats and everybody thinks it’s hysterical. They then respond with more pictures of cats.[/quote]

are you talking about T-Nation again?

Yes.

[quote]phox wrote:
There’s no difference (except maybe average age). Recently there has been an influx of people who don’t train but post because they enjoy feeling wanted and liked.

They even have their own lingo…i.e. i like turtles, teh ghey, serial, teh interwebz, fail, Ftw. The best part is when they post pictures of cats and everybody thinks it’s hysterical. They then respond with more pictures of cats.[/quote]

Did I err?

Yeah…those pictures are ghey. I’m totally serial.

Ftw.

There’s nothing wrong with BB.com, or its forums. Just like here, you have to sift through the crap.

yes but it’s the amount of sifting you have to do to the ratio of good information you can find that is important when comparing similar boards.

I have never had to do any ‘sifting’ on this site TBH, and it has taught me most of what I know and helped bring about amazing changes to my life.

[quote]phox wrote:
There’s no difference (except maybe average age). Recently there has been an influx of people who don’t train but post because they enjoy feeling wanted and liked. They even have their own lingo…i.e. i like turtles, teh ghey, serial, teh interwebz, fail, Ftw. The best part is when they post pictures of cats and everybody thinks it’s hysterical. They then respond with more pictures of cats.[/quote]

…So BB.com is 4chan now?

/b/ died of cancer years ago. Stop bringing up painful memories ;_;