T Nation

Why Does Anti-Semitism Exist?

Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race?

[quote]jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race? [/quote]

The whole middle east is Semitic, that is, they’re descendands of Shem, one of Noah’s sons. Right now, our government qualifies as anti-semitic since it has butchered… I mean “liberated” thousands of Iraquies.

I would also like to know what the Jewish people should do about this problem today?

What should they have done to prevent such hatred in WWII? It must be their fault, right?

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race?

The whole middle east is Semitic, that is, they’re descendands of Shem, one of Noah’s sons. Right now, our government qualifies as anti-semitic since it has butchered… I mean “liberated” thousands of Iraquies.[/quote]

Excuse me, my fault, why do people hate Jews?

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race?

The whole middle east is Semitic, that is, they’re descendands of Shem, one of Noah’s sons. Right now, our government qualifies as anti-semitic since it has butchered… I mean “liberated” thousands of Iraquies.[/quote]

Whose fault is that, Saddam didn’t adhere to the treaty or international law. He had his chance to save all of those people and didn’t. Alls he had to do is adhere to sanctions imposed on him. All of the stipulations in his contracts were reasonable and he blew them off. The gay international community did nothing, so we did. What good is international law that cannot be enforced by the international community. Anyways the citizens of Kurdistan will be forever grateful even if the rest of the country isn’t.
P.S. I hope the nuce was tight on that bastard. I had the opportunity to serve with the Kurdish peshmerga and the storys of the atrocities of the Saddam regime will forever remind me that this was a just war and the Kurdish people were “liberated” from this asshole.
http://www.kdp.pp.se/old/chemical.html

May God forgive us for not stopping this maniac sooner!

[quote]jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race? [/quote]

Good question, no answer. There seems to be a good amount of Jew hatin’ on this here forum. Ask them why they hate Jews so much.

[quote]jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race? [/quote]

Hatred for Jews goes back thousands of years.

They have been blamed for all the worlds evils and some of the idiots on this board still do it.

They have been blamed for killing Jesus. In the Middle Ages they used to have passion plays that reenacted the crucifixion. This would serve to inflame people against the Jews.

Christians were not allowed to charge interest when they loaned money so the Jews were the bankers. Nothing like owing someone money to make you resent them.

In Europe, Russia and America the Jew has always been the outsider. Different food, clothing and traditions.

In this modern day I am continually amazed at the level of hatred shown in the western world. Most of the haters try to hide it but it is pretty obvious. I figure it must be passed down from their parents they way it has always been because it is irrational.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Christians were not allowed to charge interest when they loaned money so the Jews were the bankers. Nothing like owing someone money to make you resent them.

[/quote]

They were also not allowed to own land or to learn a craft monopolised by the guilds.

It was either lending money or something you could do with your mind like law or medicine.

[quote]jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race? [/quote]

People can grow up with that hatred because they are afraid of things that are unlike them; people of different religions, “races”, cultures, or even sexuality (as evidenced in one of your posts on this thread calling the international community “gay”).

In short, people get scared and become aggressive.

Is there anything the Jewish people can do to ease this hatred? My guess is probably not, a mass hatred that has lasted this long will probably never subside.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race?

People can grow up with that hatred because they are afraid of things that are unlike them; people of different religions, “races”, cultures, or even sexuality (as evidenced in one of your posts on this thread calling the international community “gay”).

In short, people get scared and become aggressive.
[/quote]

I did call the international community “gay”. I don’t hate gay people at all though. I think gay people should have all the same rights as straight people, including marriage(this will probably shock you). It was a figure of speech and if you are offended, sorry. Everyone’s skin is so thin these days, gay means happy right? Just kidding, but if you are offended, here is some advice, grow some thicker skin.

I see your point though, I will try not to be derogatory towards homosexuals anymore, I owe them an apology for associating them with a sorry ass group like the international community. The gay community doesn’t deserve to be associated with the U.N. I apologize.

I was about to mention all of the points that Zap just made. You see the same thing in Southeast Asia, except that it is the Chinese who are the objects of prejudice and hatred, for many of the same reasons as Europeans have hated Jews.

The Chinese, although they are a tiny minority, control most of the money and a vast majority of the businesses and real estate in places like Indonesia and Malaysia. They are Christian or Buddhist in areas where the overwhelming majority of the population is Muslim (Chinese restaurants serving pork and alcohol during Ramadan is only one of many bones of contention), and they are the lightest-skinned, in a culture where lighter skin equates to higher class.

The biggest source of friction, though, and this holds true for many Jewish communities throughout the ages, is that not only are the Chinese the outsiders in society, they make no effort to integrate. They speak Cantonese or Hakka amongst themselves, live in tight-knit little enclaves, don’t adhere to the Muslim norms of hygiene and decency, and generally don’t have much to do with the general public except buy, sell, and lend money.

The Jews have learned (although it has taken innumerable pogroms and the Holocaust for the message to sink in), that there is more to be gained by mixing with the Gentiles than by being a haughty, aloof Chosen People in solitude.

[quote]jumper wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race?

People can grow up with that hatred because they are afraid of things that are unlike them; people of different religions, “races”, cultures, or even sexuality (as evidenced in one of your posts on this thread calling the international community “gay”).

In short, people get scared and become aggressive.

I did call the international community “gay”. I don’t hate gay people at all though. I think gay people should have all the same rights as straight people, including marriage(this will probably shock you). It was a figure of speech and if you are offended, sorry. Everyone’s skin is so thin these days, gay means happy right? Just kidding, but if you are offended, here is some advice, grow some thicker skin. [/quote]

I wasn’t offended, I was just observing the irony.

We live in a society where people are hated for being gay (just as ridiculous a reason for hatred as race or religion). Such hatred is so hardwired into this society that even people who DON’T hate or fear homosexuals are guided to associating things they dont like with “gay” or people they don’t like with “fag”.

Now, consider the possibility that the same could have been said about Judiasm in the Middle East and Nazi Germany… that even those who had “no problem with Jews” and “even had some Jewish friends” would still call anything they didn’t like “kike shit”.

See how hatred works?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

The Jews have learned (although it has taken innumerable pogroms and the Holocaust for the message to sink in), that there is more to be gained by mixing with the Gentiles than by being a haughty, aloof Chosen People in solitude.[/quote]

Jews lived in ghettos because they were required by law to do so.

[quote]orion wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

The Jews have learned (although it has taken innumerable pogroms and the Holocaust for the message to sink in), that there is more to be gained by mixing with the Gentiles than by being a haughty, aloof Chosen People in solitude.

Jews lived in ghettos because they were required by law to do so.[/quote]

Well, yes, and at that time, Germans and Turks were also required to live in ghettos of their own, at least in Venice.

But even after the ghettoes were abolished in the 19th century, Jews still were very insulated from the rest of the population, by their own choice, I would argue.

It is a chicken-and-egg question. Were the Jews hated because they were the outsiders, or were they the outsiders because they were hated. It is a question pertinent to the largest and most contentious Jewish Ghetto in the world today, namely Israel.

Anti-Semitism exists because no opposing opinion is allowed. Anti-Semitism is used like a shield to deflect any and all criticism about Jews or Israel.

The way anti-Semitic is used anymore it doesn’t mean someone who hates Jews – an anti-Semitic is actually someone Jews hate.

Jimmy Carter: Jew-Hater, Genocide-Enabler, Liar
By David Horowitz
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=25994

Michael Savage: “Jimmy Carter is like Hitler”
“Jimmy Carter is a Jew-hater through and through. Jimmy Carter is who caused worldwide Islamic terrorism to proliferate around the globe… Jimmy Carter is a war criminal… Jimmy Carter is like Hitler with the double talk on top of it all… Why don’t the Jews get up and spit in his face?”

BEYOND CHUTZPAH : ON THE MISUSE OF ANTI-SEMITISM AND THE ABUSE OF HISTORY
Norman Finkelstein
Whenever Israel comes under international pressure, another media campaign alleging a global outbreak of anti-Semitism is mounted.
http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/article.php?pg=11&ar=516

I’m fine with Jews by and large, but can somebody explain Neo-Zionism to me?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
I was about to mention all of the points that Zap just made. You see the same thing in Southeast Asia, except that it is the Chinese who are the objects of prejudice and hatred, for many of the same reasons as Europeans have hated Jews.

The Chinese, although they are a tiny minority, control most of the money and a vast majority of the businesses and real estate in places like Indonesia and Malaysia. They are Christian or Buddhist in areas where the overwhelming majority of the population is Muslim (Chinese restaurants serving pork and alcohol during Ramadan is only one of many bones of contention), and they are the lightest-skinned, in a culture where lighter skin equates to higher class.

The biggest source of friction, though, and this holds true for many Jewish communities throughout the ages, is that not only are the Chinese the outsiders in society, they make no effort to integrate. They speak Cantonese or Hakka amongst themselves, live in tight-knit little enclaves, don’t adhere to the Muslim norms of hygiene and decency, and generally don’t have much to do with the general public except buy, sell, and lend money.
[/quote]

In my limited experience down there, they also tend to be pushy MoFos which comes across as rude to westerners and Japanese but makes them better than the natives with business.

On Varq’s point on Jews in general I have to agree that the segregation aspect, to the extent that it is or historically has been voluntary, plays a big roll. People frequently aren’t comfortable with the ideas that some others living amongst them might choose not to integrate with society, even in some cases over very long periods. It’s rather remarkable that the independent Jewish identity has survived for thousands of years while every other ethnic and cultural group has blended and shifted numerous times in their midsts.

Sigh.

Jimmy Carter was not Anti-semitic.

Holy shit! I just broke your stereotyping!!!

[quote]jumper wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:
jumper wrote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here. I am interested in this topic, I noticed in my time in the Middle East there was an extreme hatred of the Jewish people. This was also evident in WWII with the Hitler and the Nazi’s. How can people grow up with the extreme hatred of wanting to exterminate someone because of their religon or race?

The whole middle east is Semitic, that is, they’re descendands of Shem, one of Noah’s sons. Right now, our government qualifies as anti-semitic since it has butchered… I mean “liberated” thousands of Iraquies.

Whose fault is that, Saddam didn’t adhere to the treaty or international law. He had his chance to save all of those people and didn’t. Alls he had to do is adhere to sanctions imposed on him. All of the stipulations in his contracts were reasonable and he blew them off. The gay international community did nothing, so we did. What good is international law that cannot be enforced by the international community.

Anyways the citizens of Kurdistan will be forever grateful even if the rest of the country isn’t.
P.S. I hope the nuce was tight on that bastard. I had the opportunity to serve with the Kurdish peshmerga and the storys of the atrocities of the Saddam regime will forever remind me that this was a just war and the Kurdish people were “liberated” from this asshole.
http://www.kdp.pp.se/old/chemical.html

May God forgive us for not stopping this maniac sooner!

To describe our (the West’s) interactions with the Saddam regime prior to the invasion of Kuwait as “not stopping” is putting it rather mildly.
[/quote]