Why Does Alpha Destiny Get Such Hate on Forums?

That looks like a guy that lifts weights. What is the issue?

1 Like

Just wanted other peoples take on it he has a 27 FFMI and argues it’s because he has 10 inch wrists which I doubt, I am just loosing faith in Youtube everyone claims natty but who even is? lol

And he lifts a lot of weight.

He’s not 15% bodyfat; you said you were thinking he’s 15% bodyfat. You have no actual measurements here.

And again, who the hell is he? Is he that guy that trained the Lillibridges? Or the dude that won American’s strongest man this year? I don’t get why you are so concerned about this guy.

He is 188lbs, He is 5ft 5" and if he had 20% Bodyfat his FFMI would be just over 25

And it concerns me because he claims natural and is very militiant about it

Why does that concern you?

And based off my last bodyfat test, I also have a FFMI of over 25 and am a lifetime natural athlete. FFMI isn’t some sort of binding error free thing, and by most accounts, the study that generated it was pretty flawed.

First [quote=“T3hPwnisher, post:12, topic:236091”]
Why does that concern you?
[/quote]

Because I feel misguided.

And I will take your 2 cents into account.

Perhaps a lesson to not allow yourself to be guided by random people on the internet? You still haven’t been able to answer my question of who the heck this guy is.

Stick with established and accredited sources and you’ll be fine. There are SO many of the former that I can’t understand why anyone would want to follow someone else. You’ve got guys like Sheiko, Simmons, Wendler, Tate, DeFranco, CWS, etc etc performing as/producing champions. Go follow their advice and you won’t feel misguided.

7 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

If you want my 2cents, here goes:

I think this particular instance is only an issue to you because you are trying to use numbers and calculations to make a judgement call.

I don’t know what a ffmi is, but this guy does NOT have more muscle than serge nubret, size adjusted or no, so whatever calculation is telling you he does is wrong. Either because the input numbers are wrong or the calculation is wrong, I dont care which, but it does mean you should stop using that method.

He looks like a lifter, he looks quite strong, but he by no means has a naturally un-achievable physique.

I’m pretty sure I’m bigger than him. (Well im 5’10 so I know I am, but you know what i actually mean)

The fact he trap bar deadlifts whatever number is also very believable when you consider the fact that he is 5’5 and is moving the bar about 3". And its a trap bar.

That said, and looking towards a bigger picture now, it is also very possible that he is using steroids. What what? After all that? He could be? Yes, ofcourse. Steroids appear to be very easy to get hold of, and human nature means that there will always be many, many many people who would rather take the easy shortcut, the fast track or who just want to take it further. Just head over to the Pharma thread and look at all the 16!!! or less!!! year olds asking about their first damn cycle!

So my verdict? Yes his physique is very achievable naturally, based on that one photo you’ve shown me, (I have literally no idea who this guys is) but it is very probable that he is on steroids, because if he is a youtube personality lifter then he has a personal and financial interest in being bigger and better than everyone else, and therefore has more incentive to use steroids, something we know doesn’t, in the first instance, require a huge level of incentive for a lot of people other than personal gratification.

The truth of the matter, though, is that you really really REALLY need to find a way to not care if you want to survive sanely in the world of fitness while following the fitness industry (some people just lift, some even at home, and have no idea who all these names are, would you believe?). Because there are a HUGE number of ‘faky nattys’ out there. Of-course there are, STEROIDS ARE ILLEGAL (in most countries) so if any of these people are chasing celebrity status outside of the Rich Piana niche, then they HAVE to claim that they are natural. Please understand this.

1 - The incentive to use steroids is huge if you work in fitness (or even if you don’t).

2 - The incentive to lie about using steroids is huge if you work in fitness. (or even if you don’t)

3 - Humans are driven by incentives.

The only reasonable conclusion, (which is backed up by a lot of observational data from a lot of people more knowledgeable than myself, and inside knowledge from people in the industry) is that based on those incentives, a lot of people will use steroids, a lot of people will lie about using steroids and these kinds of people are more likely to exist in the fitness industry.

Not sure if that counts as a rant? rant over?

Looks like consistent, above average gym goer. Not excessively big, not excessively cut (certainly flexing those shallow abs for the pic), definitely not 10" wrists -lol, but a YouTube wannabe celery who is probably exaggerating quite a bit. 188 at 5’5? It’s possible, but i know what I looked like in the low 190’s at 5’8, and I was a tank, so I’m doubtful.

Natty? More than likely. That I’ve seen other people worry about this before just shows how little perspective most people paying attention to YouTube-fitness hve IMO.

S

3 Likes

Man, good luck finding out. I asked like 3 times and STILL didn’t get an answer.

1 Like

Maybe he’s a fictional character? Definately has a name straight out of a video game.

Inb4 Batman claims natural!

I don’t tend to follow much of the Youtube fitness crowd (too much vlogging and reality tv for my taste). Prefer to learn and research from other sources, but occasionally I check into what Alpha Destiny has to say. He is not really the standard Youtube fitness vlogging type guy. He tends to make short videos on different weightlifting (and sometimes nutrition) topics with an emphasis on certain muscle groups (traps, shoulders, glutes). Compared to most Youtube fitness people, he does cover some interesting topics of value (e.g. undulating periodisation, exercise selection, biological law of accommodation, exercise specificity, things like that). His approach is pretty unconventional and sometimes, well, a little inefficient.

There is only one way to know for sure if someone is natural:

Does that person post on forums asking if people are on steroids? If so - they’re natural.

5 Likes

FFMI- Fancy Fucking Minutiae Index

Burn Him?

6 Likes

Agreed. I’m 5’4", natural, at my heaviest in the off season I’m 165, with a stage weight of 140. I can’t imagine that’s 188 at 5’5".

My first thought was that my old buddy Alex Groumbas, WNBF pro, is maybe 5’5, bantamweight onstage (under 150 lbs!) easily dwarfs this guy. As do any other decent natty pro in terms of development (leanness aside). Just shows how most of the people who pay attention to the social media fitness folks have a very different perception than those who actually interact with people who routinely put in the 110% effort.

S

1 Like

Alex, under 150 lbs, arms about 16-17 in contest shape
Josh, under140 lbs, arms about 15-16 in contest shape
Mike, under 150 lbs, arms about 16-17 in contest shape

Most YouTube fitness celeties who put themselves “out there” as examples of excelling? Somewhat delusional and/or liars to some degree.

S

5 Likes

Why does this matter to you so much? If you’re not happy about it why don’t you just stop paying attention to his stuff. Others have told you to look at more creditable sources for your fitness information. You’re either too lazy to do so or you just really really liked this guy. Either way, there’s plenty of other people to follow who aren’t trying to be youtube famous who know a lot more than this guy. If you want to know something specific about a muscle, research it.

I face desk so hard. I literally hope you’re trolling. No one type this load of coping mechanism bullshit and believe what they are saying.
People that have the most clueless idea about who someone is (in this case Alpha) and go on a rant making these fuck all accusations and theories without CHECKING. THEIR. FUCKING. CONTENT and even after given multiple chances they still choose not to look at them because they are of afraid of possibly finding something that proves their shit wrong have to be the biggest idiots ever. You keep making these half assed statements on why he isn’t natural yet didn’t consistently check out his content and approach. You stall have to be a troll. No rational person has to be this stupid.