Why Does Alpha Destiny Get Such Hate on Forums?

This isn’t limited to “fitness”. I am currently working on cleaning up messed up IT projects where people with zero experience decided they could Google everything they needed to know instead of either saying nothing or admitting they weren’t right for the work.

I like a can-do attitude but a man’s got to know his limitations.

2 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that’s why all the hate.
That or I know absolutely nothing about women… probably that too

1 Like

Taking this in yet another direction…I supervise the biostatistics core at a University hospital system; our job is to perform and support data analysis for medical research papers and presentations. We are available for everyone in our group, but since we typically have a queue of 1-2 weeks waiting time, some impatient folks (usually junior people) try to analyze their data and then ask us to look at it after they’ve butchered it. At least once a week I get an email from someone that says “Hi Dr. ActivitiesGuy, I tried to do (statistical technique X) but I am having some trouble getting it to work. I followed this YouTube video. Can you tell me what I did wrong?”

Um, what you did wrong is think you could learn five years’ worth of graduate-level study in statistics from a YouTube video.

6 Likes

Back in my psych professor days, I remember a statistically-unsophisticated colleague who tried to analyze data from a study he was conducting. Basically, he threw every variable into the hopper, and asked the computer program to look for significant differences. Setting aside the issue of familywise/experimentwise error rates, he did find one variable that jumped out as highly significant between the Experimental and Control groups. Needless to say, he was very excited.

Upon closer inspection, it turns out the variable in question was subject ID number. But hey, a statistically-significant difference is a statistically-significant difference…

5 Likes

The weirdest thing about this guy is that guys seem to love him so much they’re starting threads on forums preemptively defending him

6 Likes

one more thing: anyone remember like 4 years ago when “aesthetics” was the buzzword for gym idiots?

Seems it’s “alpha” these days (no disrespect meant to the dude who posts here under that name).

Exactly. Feel free to start back squatting and barbell deadlifting again, because you’re cured.

Side note, can we just touch back on this…

Far from lean. Really? Really. Relaxed ab and serratus definition is “far from lean.” Your perspective is skewed, as is anyone who says he looks like shit. FWIW, the guy said he “Weighed between 176-177 in this photo, at 5’5 height.”

1 Like

5’5"? But he talks like he’s 6’13"!

now-i-really-hate-him

3 Likes

Has the odd gem re training traps however I can’t take him seriously with that deplorable beard.

When I think of alpha, I think of Brian. He actually, in my mind, has a reason to have that name.

On the Alpha Destiny thing, I honestly don’t mind a lot of what Alex says, but his thoughts on unconventional training are kind of absurd. I do love Bugenhagen as well and his unorthodox training style, but he was also and elite athlete at one point and has certs, degrees, and experience to back it up. Alpha Destiny just kind of piggy backs off of what Bugenhagen and Louie Simmons does/says.

As far as the Blahino thing, anyone can prove that jackass wrong and have been doing so for years. He’s a meme himself and puts out very little outside of entertaining fitness shit. He’s delusional as is Alex to be honest.

1 Like

when I read those names in your post I understand what it must feel like for some 70 year old ex hippy trying to talk about music with a teenager

7 Likes

I think social media gave rise to people with professional opinions, not degrees.
Really its not a problem if you want to start a following telling people what you do and how you train, it gets a bit worrying when you give people advice on how to cure bulging discs.

I’m not hating on social media, it got me started on the dead lift and squat but I think the good advice does get lost in all the noise.

1 Like

I checked out a couple of his videos. I’m guessing he gets hate because the way he sounds. Just comes off as dumb to me. Not everything he says is wrong, but just the way he delivers it is off putting. He made a few jokes in the video and I didn’t find them the least bit funny. I guess if you enjoy listening to him that’s your thing.

Alpha Destiny claims natural?

At 188lbs at 5’5" With an FFMI of 27.56 as I’m thinking he’s 15% fat so that’s higher than Serge Nubret and he Trap Bar deadlifts 900lbs!

Oh boy. Here we go…

1 Like

I have no idea who alpha destiny is… but that’s the dumbest name I’ve heard.

1 Like

Sounds like a name one of those My Little Pony fanboys would give himself.

4 Likes

Who?

Sounds like another one of those insta fuckboys. Who cares?

1 Like

And the name is not Alpha.