Why Do You Workout?

[quote]gojira wrote:
(No, I will not post pictures)[/quote]

Damn!

to be strong, disciplined and dedicated.

Be all that I can be.
Something to do.
Eat whatever.
Conditional respect.

(in that order)

I didnt start and continue to lift for chicks or other guys respect, just self respect basically

No one respects weakness, so how could I respect myself when i was weak? Anyway it seems disrespecting yourself for being a week little bitch leads to depression, getting stronger fixes it.

Plus it helps with chicks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I started because I was a chubby (FAT) teenager and to me it was as if I’d found the Holy Grail. I was never any good at sports when I was younger due to rheumatic fever (heart muscle inflammation due to streptocci bacteria getting into my blood stream when I had my tonsils out) and the subsequently forced sabbat from all things physical. Now that I’m a fireman being fit and strong really helps.

I exercise because the routine and discipline needed to maintain a strong healthy body keeps my insanity in check. With out exercise I am depressed, I have low self esteem, and I turn to other outlits for enjoyment (ie drugs, alcohol, irresponsible sex). With exercise I mostly abstain from drugs and alcohol.

I allso hate to be mediocre. I like pushing myself and always improving. I like controlling my body physically and hopefully one day that same discipline will allow me to have complete control over myself mentally.

I allso like looking good, being strong, and knowing that I can with little issue defend myself if need be.

I started out to loose weight and for my health.

In the mean time I’ve discovered it’s fun.

The childish pleasure of moving heavy objects.

I’m going for strength.

Who needs abs???

So I can eat a lot of food.

So I can fill out my clothes properly.

So I look good. (goes with the above)

So I’m able to kick father times ass.

Most importantly…

So I’m there for my kids when they need me.

Did I mention eating a lot of food? Especially steak and stuff like that.

coz it’s fun

1.I love getting stronger
2.I like being big
3.I have more energy at 5’11 208 then i did at 5’10 150(that was last summer)
4.I like having people ask me to spot them,its a form of respect
5.gives me an excuse to buy big clothes
6. …yeah i do it for girls somewhat
7.Its just relazing to me

theres my lucky 7

Becasue i have terrible self image problems and have a short temper so lifting helps with this alot…but i still feel fat

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
I strongly believe that 95% of the male population that starts weightlifting does it for the poon. In the same vein, those who stick with it for more than a year end up doing it for many more reasons, health, athletic ability, hobby, and of course, still the poon.

Those who are in it purely for vanity aren’t the type of people who have enough determination to stick with it until their body changes, and thus stop lifting.

Anyways, I started for pussy, I’m still doing it for the pussy, and I’m sure once I hit my late twenties I’ll be glad for the health reasons as well. Also, more and more, I’m finding it comforting to know that I can defend myself and others.[/quote]

I agree with this guy. This is how most of us “normal” lifters (nonBB/PL’s) do it. Started to look good nekkid, kep going b/c we found out how awesome it is, or for some other less vain reason.

I was overweight, extremely depressed and was starting to develop a lot of health problems. So I started working out to lose weight and get healthy. Working out made me feel great and was at one point the only posivite thing in my life and if I had not made the decision to get healthy I hate to think of where I’d be right now.

And of course, having been overweight for over half my life I workout not only for the health and mental benefits but to look good naked for the first time in my life.

I like to face a hypothetical workout- with a set/rep/weight range that I know might be too much on this particular day- feel the fear in my stomach trying to psyche me out, and face the fear and give it my best. Sweating, trembling under the weight, trying to control the gasping, reeling with exhaustion, music blasting carrying me through.

I’m addicted to the pain.

I hate weak people i dont get why any one would want to be so sad.

[quote]hazarddude334 wrote:
I hate weak people i dont get why any one would want to be so sad.[/quote]

you shouldnt hate yourself,you should talk to someone of you arent happy with how you are

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think being physically strong and powerful makes me mentally strong. I want to look good and feel good about myself. I want to be attractive to the opposite sex and respected by the same sex. I am a bit of a masacist who feels there is no gain when there is no pain. If I’m going to try to avoid getting fat as I get older by staying fit, why be just be thin when I can be muscular?

To be a better wrestler and for respect. I would say its about 70/30.

1. It is just something that I have to do. For the last 10 years it has all been done to make me a better football player. Even though that chapter of my life is over thinking of not going to workout is just unfathomable.

2. Being strong is pretty fricken cool. This is still something that I am trying to accomplish.

3. Not gonna lie, I like to look good without my shirt off. Again, this is another goal that I am still on the road too.

#1 Takes the cake though. It is just something I have to do.

to make my cock look smaller.