Why Do Women Have Better Calves?

why do most women have way better and bigger looking calves (and legs in general) than most men that don’t train?

[quote]xanatomyxchartx wrote:
why do most women have way better and bigger looking calves (and legs in general) than most men that don’t train?[/quote]

it one of the places on thier bodies to store fat for pregnancy.

DUH!

lol.

Fat takes up a much larger area than muscle.

I think they carry the babies in their calves.

Heels.

Women are also far better dancers than men. Ive never met a woman who couldn’t dance or didnt have rythm. I can think of hundreds of dudes that cant and dont have either.

It’s where they keep their sammich makin skills.

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]xanatomyxchartx wrote:
why do most women have way better and bigger looking calves (and legs in general) than most men that don’t train?[/quote]

it one of the places on thier bodies to store fat for pregnancy.[/quote]

Okay, this made me laugh pretty hard.

Serious note, most women do a lot of walking. Could be a large contributing factor.

Estrogen must be good for something, perhaps better leg development is the perk of estrogen???

Baby fat? Serious sammich making skills? You decide.

Cankles are sexy!

Pic

I remember hearing a while back that it has something doing with them having stronger legs because of bone structure, wider hips etc…

Not sure if there is any substantial science behind that though, sounded like a blanket statement to me.

a simple google search turned up no answers but people on other lifting site made the same lame jokes

walking around in high heels

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Pic[/quote]

She has no discernible sammich makin skills. That is kinda sad.

Does walking around in high heels help with calf development? Having the heel raised all the time?

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Does walking around in high heels help with calf development? Having the heel raised all the time?[/quote]

I would think just the opposite, however the heels accentuate them, which probably accounts for the belief that women have better calves generally.

hmmm, maybe wearing high heels is the key to getting some growth in my stubborn calves

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
hmmm, maybe wearing high heels is the key to getting some growth in my stubborn calves[/quote]

Or at least appearing to have gotten some growth!

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
hmmm, maybe wearing high heels is the key to getting some growth in my stubborn calves[/quote]

Or at least appearing to have gotten some growth! [/quote]

bodybuilding is all about creating an illusion after all…