T Nation

Why Do Test and Dbol Have Delayed Effects?


#1

Both are andogenic and anabolic, but people say it takes 1 week to feel dbol and 4 weeks to feel test E. Why is that?

Does that imply that if you eat a bigger surplus, you do not gain the partitioning/anabolic advantages of the gear until after it kicks in?

And does the same apply for strength?

Thanks


#2

It goes to work as soon as it’s injested/injected. It doesn’t just sit there for a given time then starts working. It takes time for the levels to build up to start noticing it’s effects


#3

.


#4

Try googling esters, half life, active life.


#5

[quote]kickureface wrote:
Both are andogenic and anabolic, but people say it takes 1 week to feel dbol and 4 weeks to feel test E. Why is that?

Does that imply that if you eat a bigger surplus, you do not gain the partitioning/anabolic advantages of the gear until after it kicks in?

And does the same apply for strength?

Thanks[/quote]

well, i think this has to do with the effects you get from the various compounds. there are obviously a lot of things that androgens do (and some do more, or less), but the processes might not be very fast.

for instance, testosterone increases red blood cell production, thereby increasing endurance and the “pump.” however, this is not immediate… testosterone signals the kidneys to increase EPO production, which signals the bone marrow to increase RBC production.

^does this answer your question at all?


#6

^yes, it helps

i did some reading and here is what i concluded after filtering out the 99% of nonsense posted online:

test effects occur immediately after pinning
effects are gradual since the esters slow absorption time
the effects are too small to notice until test levels fully saturate in the body a few weeks later
this likely is true for the anabolic, androgenic, and strength benefits, so we gradually get better each week until the 4 week mark

not sure about the DBOL though, bloat feels immediate but libido, strength and anabolism i’m not sure how long it takes


#7

[quote]kickureface wrote:
^yes, it helps

i did some reading and here is what i concluded after filtering out the 99% of nonsense posted online:

test effects occur immediately after pinning
effects are gradual since the esters slow absorption time
the effects are too small to notice until test levels fully saturate in the body a few weeks later
this likely is true for the anabolic, androgenic, and strength benefits, so we gradually get better each week until the 4 week mark

not sure about the DBOL though, bloat feels immediate but libido, strength and anabolism i’m not sure how long it takes[/quote]

Ya.

Like I said


#8

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]kickureface wrote:
^yes, it helps

i did some reading and here is what i concluded after filtering out the 99% of nonsense posted online:

test effects occur immediately after pinning
effects are gradual since the esters slow absorption time
the effects are too small to notice until test levels fully saturate in the body a few weeks later
this likely is true for the anabolic, androgenic, and strength benefits, so we gradually get better each week until the 4 week mark

not sure about the DBOL though, bloat feels immediate but libido, strength and anabolism i’m not sure how long it takes[/quote]

Ya.

Like I said
[/quote]

LOL