Why Do Some Men Do Better On Much Less?

Are you still on NPP or how long did you end up doing NPP only?

Is the libido still doing good?

I am currently coming to the conclusion less is more with TRT. When I first posted here about my issues with high (for me) dosages, I thought I was a rarity, but as more people responded and started their own threads like this one, it’s clear there is something to it. The notion that if a guy is suffering sexual side effects at his current dose, he should just double or triple it and he’ll be fine is nonsense. That wouldn’t apply to any medication that causes a side effect profile.

Personally, I’ve started to question why I’m even on TRT. Why am I taking something that causes a host of life altering side effects even at a low dose? Why do some of us unlucky bastards put up with ED, libido problems, acne, hair loss, etc.? A lot of dudes on here will claim they have it all sorted out, but are also eating ED meds and going bald as shit in their '30s/'40s.

I couldn’t give a flying fuck about muscles and going to the gym, not why I’m on it, so if that’s the point it ain’t for me.

2 Likes

I think going off, and going back to sub par test levels is disadvantageous to longevity. Test is needed for many things, especially healthy heart function.

I think with low shbg people, we just need less. And the cutoff between what is too much is more drastic than in a higher shbg person.

I’ve read some experts, (of course i cannot remember where) will start patients are 60mg/week and reassess.

1 Like
1 Like

dr mark gordon puts majority of his guys on 60-80mg per week if i remember correctly.

1 Like

Im on low dose tesotsterone now, as TRT. I did 600mg NPP for my first blast, then a second one 300mg, both gave me very good libido.

As of right now, just low dose test.

1 Like

Low dose cyp/enan gives me good libido, but on NPP its VERY good, very very good.

But yes, my libido on low dose test is good these days.

1 Like

I think if we were to separate the TRT guys into non lifters and lifters, that the lifters would be disproportionately represented compared to the general public. It is part of the decision for many guys, and it is also common for ex-AAS users to be on TRT.

1 Like

He says 60 to 80mg per week, but what he actually does is e3d injections of 40mg for around 93mg per week, and drops it to 30mg e3d for a total of 70mg per week if you’ve creeped up out of the middle of the reference range, he doesn’t like going above mid range.

1 Like

right

I kinda gathered that from the credentials thread… AKA selfies of jacked motherfuckers who really seem to like flexing shit. All good if that’s why they want TRT, by all means have at it. But I just want to be normal with a reasonably functioning endocrine system and the least amount of side effects. I started TRT to be able to cut my lawn without complete exhaustion and requiring a nap afterwards…

1 Like

I thought TRT would help a lot more with concentration. It has made a minimal effect. It has done some good things for me though. Body composition, brought back morning wood, gave me a bit of facial hair, and a bit more energy.

When looking into it though TRT comes off as a panacea of your life being awesome. It is an improvement sure, but not what many make it out to be. When we get newbies here asking about them, I try to make this clear. IMO, some on here and other forums are doing others a disservice by with exaggerated claims, and not mentioning any potential downsides.

I think you’re making some false assumptions here. I can’t speak for others but I for one don’t WANT to be on TRT at all. Pinning for life sucks. The cost of it sucks. This is just my sole opinion.

I always worked out, 5x a week for 20 years now. But the when your hormones are optimized AND you work out you do end up looking more ‘jacked’. I think everybody should work out and not just cardio. Obesity rates are disgustingly high in the USA.

4 Likes

Agree here. I think lifters are more aware of low T symptoms, and the availability of TRT. You hear about it at the gym, you see your results, and if you are me, you get a blood test and realize you do have low T. Probably lots of men with low T out there that are not aware of it.

I mentioned the cost in another thread, and was responded to like I was crazy for considering cost. I make pretty good money, but others don’t, and considering it is often $200/month, it isn’t something everyone can afford. Additionally, even if making good money, many don’t want an extra significant expense.

To me the pinning sucks less than all the scheduling, ordering of supplies, blood work, etc. The routine stuff is okay (pinning), the hoop jumping was the PITA for me.

1 Like

Totally agree here. Also, back to what @shockingly_caucasian said about jacked TRT guys… this is TNation. Its basically a fitness forum with a TRT section so naturally the members are going to be more inclined to look ‘jacked’ over the general pop. If you want a more lazy lifestyle approach check out ExcelMale.

1 Like

Additionally, the ones who do post a picture almost always have a good physique. There is an expectation that being on Test should make you jacked (not true), so people are a bit embarrassed to admit they are on test, but still have a huge beer gut.

I don’t have a picture posted, but I wouldn’t be afraid to FWIW. I just thought it seemed like a bit of a way to build credibility in ones arguments about TRT topics by using a jacked body, when the jacked body doesn’t qualify one in TRT. It is just the way the world works though. Jacked trainers seem to get more clients than the average looking one, as it is assumed that they know more. Maybe they do, maybe they are relying on PEDs, maybe they have superior genetics and knowledge, maybe they have superior genetics and terrible knowledge? My coach is obese, but he has produced good results in almost all of his clients.

Yup for sure. If you were not proud of what you accomplished you would likely pass over the opportunity to show it.

This was my intention for at least the pharma side of things. For TRT threads it may not matter as much in general but I agree it likely does on this forum.

1 Like

That’s the rub. For dudes like me who need help to just be normal, we have seemingly nowhere else to go but training sites, as that’s where guys who know what they are doing with hormones are. We both know the medical system is garbage with it. The problem then becomes trying to explain to a group of type A personalities who are optimizing hormones to make themselves the best they can be what it’s like to want to be normal. Nobody truly hypo-gonadal is choosing a lazy lifestyle, your lifestyle just isn’t a possibility.

1 Like

What you actually have is a pretty huge mix of guys, some looking to optimize, and some just looking to replace and feel good. I suggest you take time to read some of the thousands of stories here most of which aren’t from “type A personalities” “looking to get jacked” and “like to flex and shit”. You joined 4 weeks ago and you seem to have us ALL figured out and are low-key name calling. I understand your frustration and your want to just feel good…95% or more of us went through similar things and for some of us, myself included, it took us YEARS to just feel ok. If you want regular guys then go over to the EM site that was mentioned earlier. You are at a site that has testosterone in its name and is devoted to the strength and conditioning lifestyle.

1 Like

When’s a type A personality an insult? I’d kill for one. And to be clear, I was referring to the credentials thread about jacked dudes.

Nobody can possibly have time to read literally ‘1000s’ of stories.

I use this site because jacked dudes often know more shit about testosterone. If I have a problem with something, I’m not going to go ask people who aren’t the most knowledgeable.

Calm down dad.