Why do PLers Squat More than They Deadlift?

My equipped squat is higher than my equipped deadlift. My raw deadlift is higher than my raw squat. I think it is all because I get 100-125 lbs out of my suit and wraps for squat, and only about 60 for deadlift.

I deadlift more than I squat, but thats why I’m doing Smolov :slight_smile:

ugh…to this day i dont understand the point of equipment. if you cant squat X weight without a suit than you cant squat X weight. i dont see what it proves. do people use equipment for safety at really high weights? only thing i have ever used is a weight belt.

Equipped lifting is a different style of powerlifting, with a different skill set and different training needs and challenges. Not better or worse, just different. It seems like you are kind of new to the sport. If that’s the case, please learn a bit about it before making statements like that. There’s no need to be inflammatory about someone’s lifting preferences just because they differ from yours.

The biggest reason, besides improvements in equipment, is 99% of peoples squat form sucks. Me included.

[quote]strengthstudent wrote:
Equipped lifting is a different style of powerlifting, with a different skill set and different training needs and challenges. Not better or worse, just different. It seems like you are kind of new to the sport. If that’s the case, please learn a bit about it before making statements like that. There’s no need to be inflammatory about someone’s lifting preferences just because they differ from yours.

[/quote]

The only way I’ve gotten through to people on this point is “yeah, you can play catch without a glove, but that glove makes your catches better, and hurt less, and you need one if you’re going to play in the MLB.” :slight_smile:

[quote]kmillz wrote:
ugh…to this day i dont understand the point of equipment. if you cant squat X weight without a suit than you cant squat X weight. i dont see what it proves. do people use equipment for safety at really high weights? only thing i have ever used is a weight belt.[/quote]

My raw DL is higher than my geared squat. And I get a lot outta my squat gear.

Snapper’s got monkey arms and supermodel legs.

[quote]kmillz wrote:
only thing i have ever used is a weight belt.[/quote]

That’s because you’re an awesome powerlifting rock star.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]kmillz wrote:

That’s because you’re an awesome powerlifting rock star.[/quote]

Further evidence of the complicated nature of your psyche, O.

kmillz: I think we’re all way over the whole raw vs. gear debate. If you don’t get it, that’s fine. Personally, I don’t get religion. But I don’t bash on it.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]kmillz wrote:

If we had sigs on this forum, I would steal this for mine.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]kmillz wrote:

If we had sigs on this forum, I would steal this for mine.[/quote]

You didnt know? We do have them.

PMPM WORSHIPER

Seriously question, thread hijack, what kind of law do you practice?