Why Do People Follow a Subjective Rather Than an Objective Opinion?

Irregardless.

2 Likes

yousunuvabitch

3 Likes

I figured as a fellow New England based poster you’d appreciate that.

funny story about the accent/linguistic traditions around here:

So, a lot of New Englanders pronounce drawer as “draw”, including my wife. I asked her one day to spell “drawer” … she says: “d-r-a-w” full stop.

I just laughed and laughed…

Haha that’s excellent.

I’m in ME now, and something I’ve noticed is that a lot of folks drop the ‘R’ in favor of the ‘AH’ like many Boston-adjacent people, but in addition to that also add an ‘R’ to words that are inappropriate.

Great example would be soda, “go to the stoah and get some soder”.

Fear not: the Midwest has acquired it and placed it in between the “A” and “S” in “Wash”

1 Like

But do you know what a “bubbler” is?

Not gonna lie, when I moved West to East, this threw me off significantly … especially since I was in middle school …

I lived throughout the midwest and now in Florida and have only ever heard this term near where I grew up (20 miles west of Milwaukee).

I do. But that doesn’t mean I have to like it!

Yeah. That’s what I said.

Or win lotto.

I find it fascinating how many people think they have novel or ‘unique’ insights into topics and then post videos of themselves talking. In circles.

You’d think if someone had enough awareness and OBJECTIVITY, after viewing their own mind-numbing blabbering, they’d change their mind about posting said video and do a little more introspection.

What a generation.

2 Likes

Curious what you’re referencing here

There is no true objectivity. Just what we think it should be.

But…but Plato!

who? that hack??

1 Like

Everyone is ant food in the end. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Dude was blinded by his own conviction. Can’t say I blame him though. He was pretty smart.

According to what I learnt from fb2mate, people do follow a subjective opinion because it can be used when nothing tangible is at stake. When you are watching a movie or reading a book for pleasure, being subjective and getting caught up in the world of the characters makes your experience more enjoyable. If you are discussing any type of art, you have to keep in mind that everyone’s opinions on a particular piece are subjective. Am I right?