Why Do Other Sites Slag Us Off?

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
After reading Harris’ “Concern” over the Crossfit boards perception of us I decided to do some investigation. I checked out the Crossfit board and searched for “T-Nation” and what I found was surprising.

I found no less than 5 recent posts referencing articals from T-Nation, then the poster saying something like "the artical was writen in a juvenile tone, but what else would you expect from “Testosterone Nation”. [/quote]

You find a total of FIVE posts on ONE site and yet you ask why other sites keep slagging T-Nation ?

I’m not sure that there is a problem here.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
The next biggest concern is the moderation present on this site. I often feel that my views are left unexpressed when a post of mine is censored b/c it might be taken as negative (understandable), but b/c of it I won’t buy a product from here just based on a boards reccomendation (how do I know that negative experiences are being expressed) and I prefer to check other sites.[/quote]

I agree with this. I think there is a difference between bashing a product, and expressing one’s reasonable doubts about it. I think that we should be allowed to openly express our experiences with Biotest’s products, not only for the good of other T-Members, but for the good of Biotest itself. Here you have a large number of individuals willing to pay for products, and then give feedback for free; not many supplement companies can claim that. Biotest, make the most of us, let us talk to you!

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Dorso wrote:
Maybe a rumble between all the Crossfit members and all the T-Nation members is in order to settle this once and for all. Kind of like the opening seen in gangs of New York…or that seen in Anchorman.

Why do I have a Feeling I’d be the character Brick Tamland

Nate Dogg: “man that really escalated quickly, I mean that really got out of hand fast!”

Prof X: “Ya it jumped up a notch”

Chinadoll: “sure did, didn’t it?”

Xen: “I stabbed a guy in the heart!”

Apayne: “Yea I saw that…”

Wideguy: “Didn’t you throw a trident?”

Xen: “Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!”

Nate Dogg: “Xen, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by.”

Prof X: "Yea Xen…Lay low for a while, because you’re probably wanted for murder. "[/quote]

Wouldn’t everyone like to hear Mr. Ron Burg-en-die play some Yaz Flute!!

[quote]Massif wrote:
Do you actually care what people think, or are you just pondering?[/quote]

Hey Massif,

I don’t give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks, I was just pondering. Seems hypocritacal to me to use the info from our boards and Contributers, but not give credit.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
Lets go to my beginning… there was this site called Testosterone.net [/quote]

Great post, and an excelent explination of the current status of the board

[quote]k.elkouhen wrote:
You find a total of FIVE posts on ONE site and yet you ask why other sites keep slagging T-Nation ?

I’m not sure that there is a problem here.[/quote]

I said 5 RECENT POSTS. And crossfit isn’t the only board. I’ve been a member of about 5 boards (including this one) and each of them bashed T-mag, Testosterone, and T-Nation to one degree or another.

I’ve even seen supliment manufacturers use the Biotest logo in their ads and websites (not in a good way). Sure, T-Nation does supliment reviews from time to time (Dave Barr’s Creatine articals come to mind) but Biotest doesn’t use other companies logos in a disparaging way.

It’s a given that there is hyperbole in advertising and ESPECIALY in suppliment advertising, but Biotest comes closest to delivering on ANY claim they make.

As far as “Suppliment Hype” on the boards, this site is run and supported by Biotest sales. THis has been a fact from the begining and has never been hidden by Biotest, T-Nation, or any of their contributors or authors. I can’t think of another publication that would take part in a “Fest” of any kind. With all the cash that Mens Health and Mens Fitness have a “Mens Health Fest”? I doubt it.

Trolls, assholes, and muscleteens. All public boards have them, it’s just a fact of life. The difference is we don’t realy give them any slack. We demand pictures to back up stats. We call bullshit when we hear it. This is a magnet to trolls because they thrive on the initial conflict. Once that’s over we TSB them and don’t give them much fuel.

THis is a great site with great members and contributers. I don’t go to other sites and post “you suck” or bash other boards here. I have other, more intersting ways to spend my time.

La’
Redsol1

Why do people like the contributers but not the forums?

These forums are jam packed with yes-men and cheerleaders.

[quote]Watson2K5 wrote:

These forums are jam packed with yes-men and cheerleaders.[/quote]

Care to qualify that statement with an example?

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Dorso wrote:
Maybe a rumble between all the Crossfit members and all the T-Nation members is in order to settle this once and for all. Kind of like the opening seen in gangs of New York…or that seen in Anchorman.

Nate Dogg: “man that really escalated quickly, I mean that really got out of hand fast!”

Xen: “Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!”

Nate Dogg: “Xen, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by.”

Prof X: "Yea Xen…Lay low for a while, because you’re probably wanted for murder. "[/quote]

Don’t forget BostonBarrister posting eight websites saying how killing someone with a trident is technically not illegal (though not exactly legal) and could absolutely be struck down provided the court that decides it doesn’t legislate from the bench and strictly interprets the Constitution of the United States, paying special attention to the First Amendment :wink:

[quote]Watson2K5 wrote:

These forums are jam packed with yes-men and cheerleaders.[/quote]

You’re absolutely right Watson2K5!!!

[quote]Dorso wrote:
Maybe a rumble between all the Crossfit members and all the T-Nation members is in order to settle this once and for all. Kind of like the opening seen in gangs of New York…or that seen in Anchorman.[/quote]

I’ve always wanted to say “Did you throw a trident?”

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Dorso wrote:

I’ve always wanted to say “Did you throw a trident?”

DB
[/quote]

Well if it ever comes to that I’m betting on an easy T-Nation victory.

I’m also betting on France surrendering in the first ten minutes and Switzerland staying neutral but somehow reaping all the benifits. Wait a minute, I’m thinking of something else.

Why do other sites slag us off?

They hate us for our freedom!

:slight_smile:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:
Dorso wrote:

Prof X: "Yea Xen…Lay low for a while, because you’re probably wanted for murder. "

Don’t forget BostonBarrister posting eight websites saying how killing someone with a trident is technically not illegal (though not exactly legal) and could absolutely be struck down provided the court that decides it doesn’t legislate from the bench and strictly interprets the Constitution of the United States, paying special attention to the First Amendment ;)[/quote]

Trident being a type of arm would be covered under the Second Ammendment…frickin democrat!!!:slight_smile:

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
Watson2K5 wrote:

[/quote]

I’m new to this site but have been a memeber at another site and a bunch of MMA sites. I really like this site and found it because I was wanting a big change in my lifting routing. And I’ve learned a great deal in just a couple of months of lurking. But if you want an example of cheerleading, just look at any Chad Waterbury post. I appreciate his dedication and his willingness to share his information. And I’m not even saying the cheerleading is unwarranted. But there is no doubt he has a bunch of cheerleaders. Again, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. I’m just saying it does exist here.

And I consider it cheerleading because he gets huge props before the people giving him props even try the new routine.

But again, for him to even post that information is incredibly generous. So there you go, I must be a cheerleader also. A very hairy and ugly cheerleader that you would not want to see in a tu tu.

[quote]Churchill wrote:
Watson2K5 wrote:

[/quote]

Then go away…PLEASE!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Churchill wrote:
Watson2K5 wrote:

Then go away…PLEASE![/quote]
Me or him? Because the look on your face in the avatar says differently…

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
Watson2K5 wrote:

[/quote]

you’re kidding, right?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Churchill wrote:
Watson2K5 wrote:

Then go away…PLEASE![/quote]

cheerleader

I also came across a site where a poster referred to most of the information as “over his head” and “too technical”…??? He also stated that is was a “blatant plug for Biotest” Ummm, well it is THEIR site. Whats not to understand about that?!

I recently had a female friend ask me if I realized that the ‘T’ stood for testosterone? Ummmmm Yeah, can’t build muscle without it!!

I just don’t ‘get’ some people?!

[quote]AG1 wrote:
I also came across a site where a poster referred to most of the information as “over his head” and “too technical”…??? He also stated that is was a “blatant plug for Biotest” Ummm, well it is THEIR site. Whats not to understand about that?!

I recently had a female friend ask me if I realized that the ‘T’ stood for testosterone? Ummmmm Yeah, can’t build muscle without it!!

I just don’t ‘get’ some people?![/quote]

“Testosterone” is a bad word now. I thought you knew? I could wear a shirt that read “estrogen” and I would probably get applause by some vegetarians, but “Testosterone” written on a shirt may get your phone lines tapped.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
AG1 wrote:

I just don’t ‘get’ some people?!

“Testosterone” is a bad word now. I thought you knew? I could wear a shirt that read “estrogen” and I would probably get applause by some vegetarians, but “Testosterone” written on a shirt may get your phone lines tapped.
[/quote]

I’ve just been appointed to the oversight board…

Consider yourself tapped!