Why Do My Gym Gloves Stink

[quote]roybot wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

And fuck watches,listen to your body and let it tell you when to get back at it.

I couldn’t agree more.
[/quote]

Sometimes you have to push it past what you body is telling you. There are many times I don’t feel ready for the next run but time pushes me further that I would go normally. Besides I see people sitting around resting way to fucking long all the time, maybe not every set but once and awhile I bet if you don’t know the time you end up resting way to long, “O shit I have been sitting here for 5 min”.

[quote]Rooster1980 wrote:
roybot wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

And fuck watches,listen to your body and let it tell you when to get back at it.

I couldn’t agree more.

Sometimes you have to push it past what you body is telling you. There are many times I don’t feel ready for the next run but time pushes me further that I would go normally. Besides I see people sitting around resting way to fucking long all the time, maybe not every set but once and awhile I bet if you don’t know the time you end up resting way to long, “O shit I have been sitting here for 5 min”.[/quote]

But if 5 minutes is what you need to get the most out of your next set, then take 5 minutes.

[quote]Rooster1980 wrote:
roybot wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

I couldn’t agree more.

Sometimes you have to push it past what you body is telling you. There are many times I don’t feel ready for the next run but time pushes me further that I would go normally. Besides I see people sitting around resting way to fucking long all the time, maybe not every set but once and awhile I bet if you don’t know the time you end up resting way to long, “O shit I have been sitting here for 5 min”.[/quote]

Th only time i sit down between sets is when in squatting and its only because im near passing out and throwing up.I pace,I walk around the gym between sets I take a big drink of water and hold it in my mouth and it forces me to breath through my nose which slows down my heartbeat then i pick another song on my ipod and get after it.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Rooster1980 wrote:
roybot wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

I couldn’t agree more.

Sometimes you have to push it past what you body is telling you. There are many times I don’t feel ready for the next run but time pushes me further that I would go normally. Besides I see people sitting around resting way to fucking long all the time, maybe not every set but once and awhile I bet if you don’t know the time you end up resting way to long, “O shit I have been sitting here for 5 min”.

But if 5 minutes is what you need to get the most out of your next set, then take 5 minutes.[/quote]

agreed.

theres a difference between totally cooling down and catching your breathe. i wait til im able to breathe at a normal pace before i do another set. if it takes 1 minute or 5 but i mean if you do face pulls the time is going to be short, if you do deadlifts itll be a lot longer. especially if you just did your last warmup and are mentally prepping for that heavy set.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Why the hell are people wearing watches while lifting?

why are people wearing watches period?

any real man can tell the time from the placement of the sun, the sounds of the birds, the location of the moon or the tide.

man the fuck up.[/quote]

Yeah fuck watches, cellphone ftw :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Why the hell are people wearing watches while lifting?

why are people wearing watches period?

any real man can tell the time from the placement of the sun, the sounds of the birds, the location of the moon or the tide.

man the fuck up.

Yeah fuck watches, cellphone ftw :wink: :P[/quote]

This is the ONLY way to keep track of time in the gym.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:

Yeah fuck watches, cellphone ftw :wink: :P[/quote]

my thoughts exactly.

How about you lot look at the fucking clock on the wall? lol

By the way, waiting for you body to tell you when it’s ready is BS. You should jump in your next set when you plan to, even if you’ve got 10 gallons of blood squirting out your nose every heart beat. The body doesn’t respond to zero exertion.

[quote]lloydk wrote:
How about you lot look at the fucking clock on the wall? lol

By the way, waiting for you body to tell you when it’s ready is BS. You should jump in your next set when you plan to, even if you’ve got 10 gallons of blood squirting out your nose every heart beat. The body doesn’t respond to zero exertion.[/quote]

I used to wear a watch in the past as a reference on upper body day. I normally perform a good workout in 55mins max. Now I don’t wear it anyway…I got accustomed.

On squat/deadlift/rack pull day I just listen to my body and that’s it. Normally doesn’t take more then 30-45 mins anyway. It’s a fuckin workout anyway, not a freakin marathon.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
ahzaz wrote:

Yeah fuck watches, cellphone ftw :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

my thoughts exactly.[/quote]

Why do you have your cellphone with you and out?

Try foot powder (i.e. Scholl or Odour Eaters)

sure - it was meant for feet & shoes, but it’s absorbent, antibacterial, antifungal, and VERY effective at getting rid of bad smalls on human extremities!

Gloves are for girls or you could just wear one like Jacko, that would look bad ass.

What’s wrong with gloves? I don’t like callouses on my pretty hands. But then again, even when I wear gloves I get them. Gloves look cool!

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
What’s wrong with gloves? I don’t like callouses on my pretty hands. But then again, even when I wear gloves I get them. Gloves look cool![/quote]

Smooth hands are nice on chicks. Man up and develope some blue collar hands, plus they are fun to pick.

gloves are for clowns

[quote]schultzie wrote:
gloves are for clowns[/quote]

yes they are :wink:

[quote]sevenmoist wrote:
Gloves are for girls or you could just wear one like Jacko, that would look bad ass.[/quote]

Agreed.

Dip, grip and… moonwalk.

Me personally, you won’t catch me wearing gloves. For the stink, after a while soap/detergent doesn’t do it any more. It’s not the sweat, it’s the bacteria that feeds off the sweat. Bleach will do the trick, for a while.

Cell phones, I keep mine with me, b/c if my daughter’s school calls me, I want to know right away.