Why Do My Gym Gloves Stink

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Ditch the gloves, pansy. [/quote]

X2

[quote]JGerman wrote:
Wear calluses![/quote]

FTW

“Smell the Glove”!

Why the hell are people wearing watches while lifting?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Why the hell are people wearing watches while lifting? [/quote]

why are people wearing watches period?

any real man can tell the time from the placement of the sun, the sounds of the birds, the location of the moon or the tide.

man the fuck up.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

any real man can tell the time from the placement of the sun, the sounds of the birds, the location of the moon or the tide.

man the fuck up.[/quote]

says the man with shades like cheap Wal-Mart window blinds…lol.

One of the things I love about lifting is the sweat. Sweat stinks sometimes.

I mean. When 'aving an intense session of sex, sometimes a little sweat is present too. But hey you know it all adds to that ‘sweaty, enjoyable, intimate’ experience right? Same thing with iron, if there’s no sweat then you’re missing out.

Just let them stink and if someone tells you they stink, use the above example. Make sure you say the ‘sweaty, enjoyable, intimate’ part. They’ll chuckle and move outta yo way buddeh

Psychologeh 101

BC

PS: or don’t wear anything and use chalk you pussy :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
[/quote]
I wear a little digital jobber.

I time my rest periods and my vision is so bad the clock on the far wall is unreadible. I hate lifting with my glasses on.

oh - and no gloves. Fucks up the feeling of the bar.

I don’t know about knee wraps but my neoprene gear is fine in the washer. It is the dryer that kills them. Took a while for sherlock here to figure that one out.

[quote]RWElder0 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

I time my rest periods and my vision is so bad the clock on the far wall is unreadible. I hate lifting with my glasses on.
[/quote]

Your rest periods have to be that exact? Seems a little OCD, to me. But hey, whatever works for you.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
RWElder0 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

Your rest periods have to be that exact? Seems a little OCD, to me. But hey, whatever works for you. [/quote]

Problem for me is that if I guess they usually end up not resting long enough. It is a little “anal” I will admit.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
RWElder0 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

Your rest periods have to be that exact? Seems a little OCD, to me. But hey, whatever works for you. [/quote]

I also wear a watch and time my rest sets. I can’t speak for RWElder but for me it isn’t an ocd thing so much as a crap judge of time thing. If I don’t time it I’m not sure how much has passed. Maybe it’s age. Anyway, it’s the giant black watch I’m wearing in my avatar.

They smell because you sweat your juices into them everyday. You notice how you can’t smell your ass, but you know it stinks, right? That’s because your nose is away from your ass. Stop sniffing your damn fingers!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

I time my rest periods, I like to be right on the money if I am resting 45 Sec or 2 Min depending on what I am working. So far it’s working out very well…

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

man the fuck up.

says the man with shades like cheap Wal-Mart window blinds…lol. [/quote]

yea but at least i dont wear a watch, pssh

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
“Smell the Glove”![/quote]

WIN!

Ok so i knew i was gonna take a beating over this but i can take my lumps.I use to hate gloves to but now i dont want to lift with out them.Although i dont wear them while deadlifting because yes they do fuck up my grip while deading but i got big hands so its fine on everything else.

I used to think lifting straps were for pussy’s until i started doing heavy DB rows and realised i could use them and thats all i use them for.And as far as chalk goes i use this shit called gorilla snot made for drummers its like tree sap and isnt all messy.

And fuck watches,listen to your body and let it tell you when to get back at it.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I’m with the don’t wear gloves crowd. Do they actually help with grip or do they just protect your hands? I thought they made gripping tougher.

I recently had a guy (non-lifter) comment that my knee wraps stunk and asked if I was going to wash them. Nooooo. Who gives a crap if they stink. What if washing them makes them less supportive; breaks down the elastic? I needs them for competition and don’t care if my knees smell like ass.[/quote]

Did you tell him shut up and keep eating? Btw love the new avatar.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:

And fuck watches,listen to your body and let it tell you when to get back at it.

[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more.

I must try out this Gorilla Snot.