T Nation

Why Do My Gym Gloves Stink

I got a nice leather pair of gym gloves for xmass and have neen wearing them everyday since and they fucking reak.I have hand washed them once but acouple days after they stink again.What can i do to combat the stink.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
I got a nice leather pair of gym gloves for xmass and have neen wearing them everyday since and they fucking reak.I have hand washed them once but acouple days after they stink again.What can i do to combat the stink.[/quote]

Use chalk?

Why the fuck do you think?

My watch stinks. I can’t wash it out, tried soaking it in rubbing alcohol, soap, antifungal spray. No luck, it still stinks. It all started when I was deployed, and I couldn’t get a new one.

I’ve given up trying to banish the odor, and now I just wear it with pride. Of course, I only wear it while I workout, and the rest of me stinks as well. Let it be, enjoy it, it is your reak.

For the inside of leather gloves I’ve had pretty good luck with something called EquiGene Anti-bacterial Leather Cleaner. The only problem is that I have to go to a tack and saddle store to get it.

YOu can also oil them to make them last a little longer.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
I got a nice leather pair of gym gloves for xmass and have neen wearing them everyday since and they fucking reak.I have hand washed them once but acouple days after they stink again.What can i do to combat the stink.[/quote]

leave the horsepuss alone.

Spit works like a charm.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
What can i do to combat the stink.[/quote]

Not wear gloves.

fufu gloves are fir girly men. I use chalk if I need to grip something reel good.

[quote]Mutu wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
What can i do to combat the stink.

Not wear gloves.[/quote]

^
Don’t wear gloves, you pussy.

Wash your hands after you masturbate and before you put the gloves on

Ditch the gloves, pansy.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
I got a nice leather pair of gym gloves for xmass and have neen wearing them everyday since and they fucking reak.I have hand washed them once but acouple days after they stink again.What can i do to combat the stink.

leave the horsepuss alone.[/quote]

LOL!

Took me a moment, but I got it! LOL

incinerate them, and use chalk from now on.

Wear calluses!

I’ve never understood the hatred for gloves. I keep a pair with me when I travel for gyms that don’t allow chalk.

For gloves, watches, shirts, caps, etc. that got the funk, soak them in vinegar and then wash them in Woolite. You may have to do a couple of soakings.

[quote]hoosegow wrote:
I’ve never understood the hatred for gloves. I keep a pair with me when I travel for gyms that don’t allow chalk.

For gloves, watches, shirts, caps, etc. that got the funk, soak them in vinegar and then wash them in Woolite. You may have to do a couple of soakings.[/quote]

that’s funny, I take chalk with me for gyms that don’t allow chalk…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but thanks for the real advice hoosegow.

I’m with the don’t wear gloves crowd. Do they actually help with grip or do they just protect your hands? I thought they made gripping tougher.

I recently had a guy (non-lifter) comment that my knee wraps stunk and asked if I was going to wash them. Nooooo. Who gives a crap if they stink. What if washing them makes them less supportive; breaks down the elastic? I needs them for competition and don’t care if my knees smell like ass.

They still make weightlifting gloves?

I thought that was a fad that wore out…

I actually find gloves lessen my grip sensation.