Why Do Europeans Hate Us?

“The New World” is one of the oldest settled constitutional democracies on earth, to a degree “the Old World” can barely comprehend. Where it counts, Americans are traditionalists. We know Eastern Europe was a totalitarian prison until the Nineties, but we forget that Mediterranean Europe (Greece, Spain, Portugal) has democratic roots going all the way back until, oh, the mid-Seventies; France and Germany’s constitutions date back barely half a century, Italy’s only to the 1940s, and Belgium’s goes back about 20 minutes, and currently it’s not clear whether even that latest rewrite remains operative. The U.S. Constitution is not only older than France’s, Germany’s, Italy’s or Spain’s constitution, it’s older than all of them put together. Americans think of Europe as Goethe and Mozart and 12th century castles and 6th century churches, but the Continent’s governing mechanisms are no more ancient than the Partridge Family. Aside from the Anglophone democracies, most of “the west”'s nation states have been conspicuous failures at sustaining peaceful political evolution from one generation to the next, which is why they’re so susceptible to the siren song of Big Ideas �?? Communism, Fascism, European Union. If you’re going to be novelty-crazed, better the zebra-mussel cappuccino than the Third Reich."

Argh! The stupid! It burns!!!

mass media, properganda and borrowed opinions.

Let me explain what i mean.

Most Europeans don’t have the oportunity to form opinions on Americans first hand so (unintesionally) most ‘borrow’ opinions from the media and hear-say.

Don’t worry about it, and if it makes you feel better generally the Germans get it worse than you.

It’s their self-entitled superiority complexes. Euros hate us because they generally think they’re better, whether that be any aspect of their culture: food, exercise, health, militarily (yeah right!!), progressively and behaviorally.

Except for their insistence on a better diet, they’re not better than the US in anything, plain and simple.

Let me recapitulate: Muslims hate you because they are jealous of your freedoms; Latin Americans hate you because you have a lot of money; The Chinese hate they are a bunch of mindless communists; Europeans hate you for all the reasons cited HH’s post.

The mind boggles.

Let cut the BS and get to the point.

We feel inferior because of the mighty average American penis size.

Good OP, HH. As the son of European immigrants, this issue fascinates me in light of how much has changed in my lifetime. When my parents came here, along with boatloads of other Europeans post WW II, they all not only were grateful to America for destroying the threat of the Nazi’s, they saw America as the land of freedom, opportunity, and strong guiding principles.

Now, when I return to Europe on occassion, I am amazed at the vitriolic hatred Europeans of many different countries have now toward America. The French I disregard, that’s a hatred borne of some confusing psychological issues.

But many others (Italians, Germans, Swiss, Norwegians, Greeks) have personally told me they feel America is making the world a more dangerious place, and that American “culture” is now in freefall decline much like Rome under Nero.
What does one say to that? Doc

[quote]Dr.PowerClean wrote:
Good OP, HH. As the son of European immigrants, this issue fascinates me in light of how much has changed in my lifetime. When my parents came here, along with boatloads of other Europeans post WW II, they all not only were grateful to America for destroying the threat of the Nazi’s, they saw America as the land of freedom, opportunity, and strong guiding principles.

Now, when I return to Europe on occassion, I am amazed at the vitriolic hatred Europeans of many different countries have now toward America. The French I disregard, that’s a hatred borne of some confusing psychological issues.

But many others (Italians, Germans, Swiss, Norwegians, Greeks) have personally told me they feel America is making the world a more dangerious place, and that American “culture” is now in freefall decline much like Rome under Nero.
What does one say to that? Doc[/quote]

My mother was in a similar situation. She was a German-Jew and worked on the Manhatten Project, probably where she contracted leukemia. She saw America as a refuge, for she would certainly have been killed had she remained in Germany. So, we have to ask: what kind of society hates and wants to kill off a physicist because of her religion?

Europe is imbued with hatred. Like an old man who hates the young, Europe looked on as the United States surpassed them in every category. The Europeans hated most of all how we REJECTED THEIR PHILOSOPHY. We believe that the Good is possible, it is here, its yours. They regard that as a threat to their very mindset, a questioning of their hatred of life and all its possibilities. They embrace slime like Sartre and his death-philosophy, and hate us.

Maybe that’s why their population is declining — they long for an end to their existence.

[quote]orion wrote:
We feel inferior because of the mighty average American penis size.
[/quote]

But that data is skewed by a “minority” segment of the total population. 52% of all Americans are, in fact, penis-less.

Well I do feel that the US is making the world a more dangerous place and I also think your culture is in decline, but what does that have to do with vitriolic hatred?

Says the Ann Coulter fan…

Are you bum loving Mark Steyn?

Why do you keep cutting and pasting his babble?

To answer your question, any negative things I hear about Americans here in the UK normally centre around a poor portrayal in the media, it is almost anti American propaganda.

The media seems intent on highlighting as many flaws as possible, whether it be G Bush making another mistake during one of his speeches, we never see the whole speech just the bit where he looks like an ass

Also any ‘friendly fire’ incidents especially if British troops were on the receiving end. It is unlikely we would get as much coverage if any for some amazingly executed mission that your troops accomplished.

So in summary a lot of recent anti American sentiment would be due to one sided media portrayal.

[quote]orion wrote:
Dr.PowerClean wrote:

Well I do feel that the US is making the world a more dangerous place and I also think your culture is in decline, but what does that have to do with vitriolic hatred?
[/quote]

I HATE semantics. If you want, I'll retract the word "vitriolic" from my statement, as it probably more accurately describes the hatred muslim extremists have for America. You win the point. But it doesn't negate the fact that there still is a strong, growing hatred in many Europeans for America. You can also label it disgust, fear, or condemnation, or you could add HH's twist of jealousy and perverse rivalry. I thought the debate was WHY it was there, not IF it is there.                           Doc

orion wrote:
Dr.PowerClean wrote:

I HATE semantics. If you want, I'll retract the word "vitriolic" from my statement, as it probably more accurately describes the hatred muslim extremists have for America. You win the point. But it doesn't negate the fact that there still is a strong, growing hatred in many Europeans for America. You can also label it disgust, fear, or condemnation, or you could add HH's twist of jealousy and perverse rivalry. I thought the debate was WHY it was there, not IF it is there.                           Doc

[/quote]

Now that won´t win me any points but I think disgust is most accurate.

orion wrote:
Dr.PowerClean wrote:

[/quote]

BTW, Doc, welcome to the PWI forum!

European cultures are built upon such insanities as the Divine Right of Kings and other such nonsense. Hence Europeans have irrationalty as the foundation of their societies, rule by brute force.

The USA is founded upon axiomatic logic and deduced from the Naturalist Rights of Man (Locke, Rousseau, and company).

Irrationalists always hate rationalists. Its part of being…irrational.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Dr.PowerClean wrote:
orion wrote:
Dr.PowerClean wrote:

BTW, Doc, welcome to the PWI forum!

European cultures are built upon such insanities as the Divine Right of Kings and other such nonsense. Hence Europeans have irrationalty as the foundation of their societies, rule by brute force.

The USA is founded upon axiomatic logic and deduced from the Naturalist Rights of Man (Locke, Rousseau, and company).

Irrationalists always hate rationalists. Its part of being…irrational.

[/quote]

And I tought that part of the disgust was that you are pissing rationality away.

Want me to point you to Supreme Court decisions that are ass-raping your “rational” Constitution?

Were you actually in Europe or in a forum.

If you were travelling, I would respond to them by walking away.

I’m a Law/Politics student and I think it’s absolutely retarded how opinionated people like that come out of the woodwork, and I have seen it happen A LOT to most American acquaintances I’ve had.

I may not agree with say, Israel’s foreign policy, but I’d feel absolutely misanthropic accusing my Israeli friends of things like this outside of an academic environment.

Why the hell would you jump someone and start badmouthing their country? Anyway, don’t feel bad. America has more friends than you think in both Greece and the UK as far as I know. Especially for those hot American tourist chicks.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
Why the hell would you jump someone and start badmouthing their country? [/quote]

See my post above.

The Europeans hate themselves a lot more than they hate us. 70% of Americans are proud to be American. 50 something % of Brits are proud to be British. Less than 40% of French are proud to be French.

The Brits and the French look down on the Italians and Spanish because they’re not as rich and their governments aren’t as stable. It’s not as simple as the Europeans hating us. It’s all a complex, mutual circle of hate. It’s a beautiful thing and it will change but it will never go away.

europe hates america the same reason muslims hate jews. RELIGION. for the past 2000 so years catholicism has been the dominant religion with nearly all of its power based out of “old europe”. american society is producing too many varying mindsets and microreligions.

this is why the MEDIA as previously stated is convincing everyone to hate america and its radical thinking, authority challenging, ass-kicking any mother fucker who thinks dont “dont tread on me” is a fuckin joke attitude.