T Nation

Why Do Burgers Get Such a Bad Rep?

It’s always tossed in there next to Pizza in a lot of fat jokes and unhealthy pep talks. Personally I dont get it if you dont get it. It can be really really good for you if you dont buy one from a fast food place Burgers are lean beef topped with some lettuce and tomatoes in a bun. Dont get why a piece of red meat is suddenly seen as unhealthy if you put a bun on it. You can easily make this at home with a whole wheat bun and fresh ingredients Makes for a great recovery meal and indulgence especially for you bulking brahs out there :slight_smile:

I think it is more to do with the stuff that is added between the meat and the bun than those items.

Plus the rumours of sugar added to some buns

Not to mention a lot of burger patties and buns you get at burger joints are pretty shitty quality, and the sauces and stuff are worse. A good bun, good meat and good extras are fine.

Its the ingredients, quantity, and convenience.

I love a lean ground burger with a couple slices of roma tomatoes, a slice of mozzarella and a few basil leaves.

I just shouldn’t eat 3 or 4 of them at a time anymore.

When sirloin goes on sale for $3.99 / lb at my local market, l buy 5 or 6 packs and the “butcher” grinds them into hamburger. Sometimes add some fatty ground meat or maybe ribeye. Good stuff on the cheap, especially when grilled over coals.

Gourmet Natty Organic Homemade or MacDonalds Gourmet Range…IDGAF.

Is tasty. I eat

In honor of this thread, I just made a couple of sauerkraut burgers with horse radish sauce.