Why Do Bloodwork?

I want to get bloodwork done before my first cycle and I have a few questions. I’m 39 and I have been gaining muscle good naturally but should I have them check my test levels. The only thing I have ever got from a blood test is my cholesterol #. I always read about bloodwork needing to get done with gear but I dont know why its important. Thanks for any help.

Nice to know where you are on the blood work before and especially post cycle. You test levels should be between 300-650 or so pre cycle at your age. What does your cycle look like?

[quote]JRR641 wrote:
Nice to know where you are on the blood work before and especially post cycle. You test levels should be between 300-650 or so pre cycle at your age. What does your cycle look like? [/quote]

I’m still researching and to put together a first cycle. I’m sure it will probably be a test only but I’m a little unclear on the PCT still. Do you get the post cycle work to make sure your test goes back into the normal range? Do they check your test # on normal blood work or do you have to ask for it?

Just walk in and tell him your about to start a cycle and want a full blood work done. Also helps to visit a new doctor and not your normal one.

[quote]Stabber wrote:
I want to get bloodwork done before my first cycle and I have a few questions. I’m 39 and I have been gaining muscle good naturally but should I have them check my test levels. The only thing I have ever got from a blood test is my cholesterol #. I always read about bloodwork needing to get done with gear but I dont know why its important. Thanks for any help.[/quote]

Getting bloodwork before one ever begins a cycle is the best way to baseline where PCT should lead you: back to the values before you began the cycle. With pre-cycle bloodtests, you can gauge what different compounds, cycles, etc. do for your unique physiology should you plan to continue on this route and monitor your blood afterwards.

At the least, get total T, free T, SHBG, estrodiol, T3, T4, DHEA. One can get more measured, but these are the ones that are most beneficial when evaluating a cycle.

Of course, as ever, this is my opinion only.

That makes sense. I’ll post up my results after the test. If you do everything right on a cycle and PCT should your test results return to normal without any long term effects.