Why Didn't Obama Help SEALS?

Benghazi pushed me to vote for Romney.

[quote]H factor wrote:

The fact remains if wealthier people were in threat of dying you’d see them (combat troops) used less. [/quote]

There are ample articles that show combat arms positions are overwhelmingly white and upper middle class.

Combat arms positions fight wars. The rest are critical support, but they are seldom in active combat.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Obviously not everyone is poor, but:
[/quote]
Your quote proves you don’t know what a “combat arms” unit is, nor who fights a war.

3/4 of the military are REMFs.

[/quote]

Nice of you to cherry pick. The fact remains if wealthier people were in threat of dying you’d see them (combat troops) used less. If you’d like to change it to non wealthy people fight the wars then go ahead. The fact remains the military (as evidenced by the article) is composed of poorer people more often than not. [/quote]

Actually, your article only notes that they come from lower income areas, NOT that the recruits are lower income. And even further, lower income areas do NOT equal less wealthy. A person living on 50k a year in Alabama has more wealth than a person living on 100k in Manhattan.

The fact is that poor people are actually underrepresented in the military. Wealthy people are also overrepresented. The rich do MORE than their fair share of the fighting, and the poor do LESS than theirs.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Americans simply don’t care about foreign policy. We re-elected George W. Bush after he started a war on a lie.[/quote]

Shut up idiot!
[/quote]

You aren’t adding anything to the thread, you’re just making yourself look bad and giving people crap to have to sift through. [/quote]

Actually, Zeb said what needs to be said to you.

On some day I wasn’t feeling mellow, I’d probably take you outside for target practice and see how fast you run.

[quote]WN76 wrote:
Never understood why people assume the poorest, dumbest, most unfortunate people end up in the combat arms. [/quote]

It’s a lie started in the 1960s by anti-Vietnam people. Part of the standard class-warfare meme of the communist party, actually. Somehow found its way into the Democrat Party talking points.

It was a myth then, and a myth now.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Americans simply don’t care about foreign policy. We re-elected George W. Bush after he started a war on a lie.[/quote]

Shut up idiot!
[/quote]

You aren’t adding anything to the thread, you’re just making yourself look bad and giving people crap to have to sift through. [/quote]

On some day I wasn’t feeling mellow, I’d probably take you outside for target practice and see how fast you run.[/quote]

I’ll try to be able to fall asleep knowing you might take me outside for target practice one day.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

1. The Commander in Chief does not have the authority to, “go to war,” you can thank Congress for our time in the Middle East.

2. Intelligence suggested WMDs were in fact in Iraq. Our Commander in Chief has to rely on intelligence when making decision since he himself does not have boots on the ground. Intel can be off. Blaming the President for this is absurd.

3. Wars cost money, again thank Congress for the bill.

4. I never said anything about things changing. Where you got that from my 1 sentence response, I’ll never know.

5. More people care about foreign policy than you think. Why do you think people have been bitching and moaning about the wars in the Middle East?

6. Never said it will impact the election. Once again, how you got that out of my 1 sentence post, I’ll never know.

The fact is you think, “poor people,” fight our battles, which is ridiculous. You also think people don’t care about foreign policy, which is ridiculous. You think former President Bush and President Obama are idiots, which is also ridiculous.

Your post was absurd. [/quote]

Where have I said Congress wasn’t equally responsible for the stupidity? The fact is Iraq was Bush’s war. He wanted us in, he got us in. Congress is every bit as guilty. It’s also interesting that you absolve Bush of the blame based on intelligence when Obama is being blamed in the OP and we don’t know what intelligence suggested to him. It’s also quite telling that intelligence “suggesting” WMD’s exist is a good reason to go over there.

My original intent was to show that foreign policy is not a game changer for this election and what the OP posted largely doesn’t matter for this election. If we could re-elect GWB after a catastrophe of massive more proportions than OP’s post then how could anybody be surprised if we re-elect Obama?

And you’re right it’s hard to know what to put on you when you just have a one sentence post calling someone else’s absurd. Probably a good reason not to do that in the future. [/quote]

Since we are handing out free advice, let me give you some. If you come on here and state your opinion without the added attitude, which is unnecessary, most of the rational posters would love to have a reasonable conversation. So in the future instead of making outrageous and emotionally driven claims just say what you want to say without the B.S.

As far as the rest of your statement goes:

1. Obama, like Bush, has to rely on the intelligence community. I have never said any different and I’m not absolving anyone of anything. The fact is in Libya we are seeing more and more that the Obama administration knew something was up and they FAILED to act. The same cannot be said about Bush.

2. It is easy to use the President, in this case Bush, as a scapegoat. The fact is war would not have started or lasted as long without Congress. It is beyond the Office of the President to start or continue a war.

3. Libya is not a war; therefore, it is within President Obama’s authority to act accordingly. He could have ordered troops in to help our Seals and the other Americans in Libya, but he again FAIL to act. This led to lost lives that may or may not have been saved. The difference is that everything that was done under the Bush Admin as far as the wars in the Middle East go was allowed to happen because the representatives of the people (Congress) allowed it to happen. What has happened under President Obama, as far as Libya goes, rests solely on his administration and his shoulders alone. Congress was not and will not be involved unless we go to war or an investigation is done.

4. I don’t know how you compare OIF/OEF to the incident in Libya as a way to parallel the elections in 2004 and now.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

Shut up idiot!
[/quote]

On some day I wasn’t feeling mellow, I’d probably take you outside for target practice and see how fast you run.[/quote]

I’ll try to be able to fall asleep knowing you might take me outside for target practice one day.
[/quote]

There are other people in this world I’d rather piss off than our tall friend.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:4. I don’t know how you compare OIF/OEF to the incident in Libya as a way to parallel the elections in 2004 and now.
[/quote]

I just don’t forsee this having a large impact on the election is all I was really trying to say. The Iraq War didn’t get GWB out of office and I don’t think Benghazi will get Obama out. I just don’t believe foreign policy is an issue that Americans really care about overall. If it truly was then every member of Congress AND the President should have been ousted over Iraq (and the continued debacle in Afghanistan). This economy will decide the election and possibly already has. Most Americans don’t know what happened in Benghazi and even though we may not want to admit it might not care. The Right was plenty charged up to vote Obama out long before this, and I don’t see this having a huge impact on independents or making people go from left to right. I could be wrong, but that’s just my viewpoint.

It’s also yet another cheerleading party lines battle. Republicans talked about how George W kept us from another terrorist attack and didn’t give Obama credit for killing Osama Bin Laden. People on the left do nothing but give him credit. I just can’t stand Republicans or Democrats :slight_smile:

[quote]WN76 wrote:
Never understood why people assume the poorest, dumbest, most unfortunate people end up in the combat arms. [/quote]

It’s a lie started in the 1960s by anti-Vietnam people. Part of the standard class-warfare meme of the communist party, actually. Somehow found its way into the Democrat Party talking points.

[/quote]

High five, good post

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

Shut up idiot!
[/quote]

[/quote]

There are other people in this world I’d rather piss off than our tall friend.[/quote]

I have no idea if he’s tall, short, black, white, whatever nor do I care. Threatening someone on the internet is just plain stupid. And heck I’m anti-government Libertarian it isn’t as if I don’t have my share of firearms anyways!

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:4. I don’t know how you compare OIF/OEF to the incident in Libya as a way to parallel the elections in 2004 and now.
[/quote]

I just don’t forsee this having a large impact on the election is all I was really trying to say. The Iraq War didn’t get GWB out of office and I don’t think Benghazi will get Obama out. I just don’t believe foreign policy is an issue that Americans really care about overall. If it truly was then every member of Congress AND the President should have been ousted over Iraq (and the continued debacle in Afghanistan). This economy will decide the election and possibly already has.

Most Americans don’t know what happened in Benghazi and even though we may not want to admit it might not care. The Right was plenty charged up to vote Obama out long before this, and I don’t see this having a huge impact on independents or making people go from left to right. I could be wrong, but that’s just my viewpoint.

It’s also yet another cheerleading party lines battle. Republicans talked about how George W kept us from another terrorist attack and didn’t give Obama credit for killing Osama Bin Laden. People on the left do nothing but give him credit. I just can’t stand Republicans or Democrats :)[/quote]

I agree the ecomony is the central focus of this election and foreign policy is far less relevant.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]WN76 wrote:

[/quote]

High five, good post[/quote]

Sounds like someone gets their political cues from SOAD:

(forward to 3:55)

This is Obama’s ‘Watergate’. Except that in the Watergate Scandal, no one died.

Obama belongs in prison. Hillary also, because she knew this shit too.

Lock 'em up, flush key down toilet.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Lock 'em up, flush key down toilet.[/quote]
Yeah but woodrow and bernstein are in cahoots with the president this time

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Yeah but woodrow and bernstein are in cahoots with the president this time[/quote]

Not true my friend Bob Woodward just wrote a book very critical of obama.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Yeah but woodrow and bernstein are in cahoots with the president this time[/quote]

[/quote]

I was referring to the mslm and the crickets noises coming from them but in the 70’s these huys weren’t afraid to go after the president when he did wrong.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

I was referring to the mslm and the crickets noises coming from them but in the 70’s these huys weren’t afraid to go after the president when he did wrong.
[/quote]

You made an obvious reference to Bob Woodward by claiming that [quote]woodrow and bernstein are in cahoots with the president this time[/quote]

When in fact Bob Woodward just wrote a book exposing the fumbling bumbling President Obama.

As per your most recent post you are right the MSLM will be in there swinging for obama right up to election day.

I have intentionally avoided this topic because of the effect that it has one me. I have followed it from day one and have been stunned as the evidence of cowardice, incompetence, deceit, deception and denial have mounted.

This is far bigger than watergate and to have the mainstream media willfully ignore or downplay these events leaves me sick and disgusted. I once thought that Obama was a decent man who was simply in way over his head. Now I think that he is a loathsome piece of shit not worthy to serve in any public function.

He is a coward and a traitor and I pray that the country gives him his walking papers this coming Tuesday.