Why Did You Start Training? What Ultimately Drives You?

That’s a great story dude. I forgot all about this post, I used to look at it daily for perspective.

My lifting partner is a skinny dude. 27 at 130lbs or so. Has a lung disease, but is the most consistent dude I’ve lifted with. Hes determined to be the best version of himself he can be. That goes leaps and bounds ahead of lifting with people stronger than me. I want to get stronger to show him how achievable it is.

To prove something. not sure to who yet… probably just myself.
Through highschool I was always a good athlete but on the larger soft side never lifted at all. 5’11’’ 230ish. Started both ways football etc. I always had natural strength and handled myself very well. I graduated got a good job and got softer and softer til I was 21 and 285. a friend of mine took me to the gym day 1 I was benching around 240lbs and was strong but not for the size I had become. it’s been an off and on love affair since then for me. I have been 355lbs and strong as hell and 200lbs and pretty lean. I stay around the 200lbs mark now only get a little chubby in the off season maybe 220ish. But I am still always pushing the limit of my body to prove something to myself I guess.

1 Like