Why Did You Start Training? What Ultimately Drives You?

Thankyou!

1 Like

Yeah, I stretch his feet a give him massages every morning. It really helps, or he likes the attention. Prolly both cuz I can feel knots dissolving.

So young with the right attitude. Makes me smile. :+1:

1 Like

Im sure half the time its the wrong attitude haha. Comes with getting older and learning i suppose.

1 Like

You’re wrong just “because you’re getting older, doesn’t mean you’re growing up!”

1 Like

Haha that’s true.

Yup, I sleep walked through several years. Wish I could have them back, but ah,well. I have pretty much let it go but sometimes I really want a do over

Well, whats done is done. All anyone can really do is focus on the future and better themselves step by step.

Yup! I am dedicated to having a better healthier life!!!

1 Like

That’s great. Keep it up!

1 Like

Oh, I will for the rest of my life! My walker will have plates on it lol

Yeah, my friend brought over piss beer “miller lite”. I didn’t drink any, but was looking at can, has it gone down in calories”

100 percent being picked on drives me and destroys me ultimately at the same time .

I started working out when I was 15 , the same time I started home schooling because i was being bullied / beat up/ getting death threats on a daily basis .

I was hooked obsessively from the first rep. A few months in I saw a girl at the gym who used to pick on me. She tried to lat pull down the same weight as me and couldn’t move shit . Lit a fire inside that I had to become physically strong to make up for my mental weakness .

Now , however , I bully myself with the gym . Which is both positive and negative .
But the fire inside never went out l, and that picked on little girl is still very much a part of me

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing! You’re awesome :hugs:

1 Like

Do share, if you don’t mind

Literally just described my father.

Also that dedication at a young age will shape your life. Ever since I stopped bullshitting with this and pushing myself, it’s carried over primarily into my work. Never had a chance to go to college, but I’m working at a wholesale supply landscaping company, and between the strength I’ve built up, and the adapted consistency I like to have in my life due to the gym, it’s turned into a career. The gym is a powerful drug.

Going through this currently. I’m 25, and the last 4-5 years have just blurred by. Wake up, work, lift, 1-2 hours to relax, repeat. Not sleep walking I guess, but just not being able to take in the sights.

Sometimes it’s better to live with it I think. Like accepting something you did that wasn’t… morally just. Living with it helps you make better of it. Living with that feeling of being weak and defenseless, gives you the constant drive.

1 Like

my mom made me go

Then it got way out of hand

1 Like

Maybe later it’s a long story…

Oh don’t let me pry, just curiosity

I wish my mom made me before I got fat lol

1 Like

You’re not prying, it’s just a loooong story

I was 6’1 150 as a freshman in high school. Got tired of being skinny and seeing everyone else lifting more weight than me. I’ve been at a community college for 2 years now and the social life is atrocious there, so for the last 2 years I’ve been putting all my free time into lifting or lifting-related activities. I believe that a vast majority of the population is capable of transforming their bodies into powerful, functional machines, but very few people do it. I believe Arnold said something to the effect of “a great body cannot be bought, borrowed, stolen, or rented. It takes years of hard work.” Something like that. It’s completely true. I try not to be judgmental of people who don’t take care of their bodies, but it’s hard. Being strong and/or aesthetically appealing is the ultimate status symbol in my opinion, especially for someone my age. I have the utmost respect for people my age who are stronger and better looking than I am, because I know how much work I put in, and for them to be better than me just means that they’ve worked harder for longer.

Not trying to sound like a douche even though I probably do hahaha. Anyone who makes a continued effort to better themselves has my respect. People who are strong and/or look good naked because of what they do in the gym and the kitchen are people with a strong-willed determination that seems to be harder to find in people the older I get.

2 Likes