T Nation

Why Detroit Got Destroyed

Black mayors hate white voters, so they drive out the (usually) more prosperous whites. Thus the big cities become fetid cesspools of violence and depravity.

"In 1960, Detroit’s population was 1.6 million. Blacks were 29 percent, and whites were 70 percent. Today, Detroit’s population has fallen precipitously to 707,000, of which blacks are 84 percent and whites 8 percent. Much of the city’s decline began with the election of Coleman Young, Detroit’s first black mayor and mayor for five terms, who engaged in political favoritism to blacks and tax policies against higher income mostly white people. Young’s successors, Dennis Archer and Kwame Kilpatrick, followed his Third World tyrant policies, but neither had his verbal vulgarity. Kilpatrick (2002-2008) went to jail and is on trial today on charges of corruption. Mayor David Bing is making an effort to revive Detroit. His problem is that he’s not God.

Policies that ran whites and other more affluent people out of Detroit might have been Young’s and his successors’ strategy. After all, why not get rid of people who aren’t going to vote for you anyway? The problem is that getting rid of these people left Detroit with a lower tax base, fewer jobs and fewer consumers. Fewer whites might be good for the careers of black politicians, but it’s not in the best interests of ordinary blacks. Blacks have political control of Detroit, but the relevant question is whether some control of something is better than 100 percent control of nothing. By most measures, Detroit is one of the nation’s most tragic cities, and it’s mostly self-imposed."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Ronald Wilson Reagan [/quote]

You sure it wasn’t George Walker Bush?

If Ronald or his misguided policy on imported steel were to have never happened Detroit would be the same old dismal place it was before Regan . The whole rust belt would be still known as the Steel Valley . I will not usurp your thread but if you ignore the facts you are doing yourself a disservice :slight_smile:

Your looking at race as a predominant factor in attributing to economic decline. Harvard economist Edward Glaeser views Detroit’s issue as economic decline led to Caucasian migration and thus black concentration in Detroit.

“Detroit?s problems were compounded because the city in distress invested in structures, rather than people. Federal support has been almost entirely focused on physical capital, like housing and transportation infrastructure.”

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/can-detroit-find-the-road-forward/

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
If Ronald or his misguided policy on imported steel were to have never happened Detroit would be the same old dismal place it was before Regan . The whole rust belt would be still known as the Steel Valley . I will not usurp your thread but if you ignore the facts you are doing yourself a disservice :)[/quote]

LOL…you have a real blind spot when it comes to Reagan.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
Your looking at race as a predominant factor in attributing to economic decline. Harvard economist Edward Glaeser views Detroit’s issue as economic decline led to Caucasian migration and thus black concentration in Detroit.

“Detroit?s problems were compounded because the city in distress invested in structures, rather than people. Federal support has been almost entirely focused on physical capital, like housing and transportation infrastructure.”

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/can-detroit-find-the-road-forward/

[/quote]

Once cities get a ‘critical mass’ of black voters, 95% of whom will always vote for the lib black candidate, the city is doomed. The lib black dude takes over and runs off the competition (whitey) with onerous taxes and regs on the usually more prosperous whitey. Soon we get shitholes like Detroit, Baltimore, DC, Patterson (NJ), cities like that…where the only immigrants to the city are rats and other such vermin.

The only thing to do then is just abandon the city to eventual urban farming and crack houses.

serious question @racehunter

What happens if scientists prove -objectivly, unanimously and without a doubt- that whitey is in fact the smartest and most productive?

Or better:
What do you think would happen and what should happen?
Is there “wiggleroom” when measured disparity in productivity would amount to only 1%?
What if it is 500%?

I’m very curious.

Here is your argument: High concentration of African Americans----> Results in economic decline

Here is my argument: Economic decline-------> Results in high concentration of African Americans who have less resources to reallocate.

mono-industry usually makes an area extremely vulnerable to economical changes and crises.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
Here is your argument: High concentration of African Americans----> Results in economic decline

Here is my argument: Economic decline-------> Results in high concentration of African Americans who have less resources to reallocate.[/quote]

… Cliffnotes

Kool

Unions destroyed Detroit, as the level of government gets smaller (from Fed to state to city), the more Unions consume of the budget and cause drain on society.

The cities in California that claimed bankruptcy, all had budgets where more than half went to Union salaries, pensions, and benefits.

That is unsustainable, especially in a bad recession.

The City of San Bernadino has firemen making no less than $150k per year, not counting pension and benefits.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
Here is your argument: High concentration of African Americans----> Results in economic decline

Here is my argument: Economic decline-------> Results in high concentration of African Americans who have less resources to reallocate.[/quote]

… Cliffnotes

Kool [/quote]

LOL awesome

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
The City of San Bernadino has firemen making no less than $150k per year, not counting pension and benefits. [/quote]
I read about that.
It’s one of my go-to-stories in discussions about unions.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
Here is your argument: High concentration of African Americans----> Results in economic decline

Here is my argument: Economic decline-------> Results in high concentration of African Americans who have less resources to reallocate.[/quote]

Here is your argument —> Economic decline happens by magic.

My argument —> Libs give away free shit —> attract uneducated black people —> stupidly vote for scammer lib black guy (like Obama) —> destruction follows as lib taxes and spends to infinity.

I will not go as far as that everything Unions do is great but today the lack of Unions is allowing the working class to take it in ass , I am a poet :slight_smile:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Unions destroyed Detroit, as the level of government gets smaller (from Fed to state to city), the more Unions consume of the budget and cause drain on society.

The cities in California that claimed bankruptcy, all had budgets where more than half went to Union salaries, pensions, and benefits.

That is unsustainable, especially in a bad recession.

The City of San Bernadino has firemen making no less than $150k per year, not counting pension and benefits. [/quote]

Lib black scammers gonna lib black scam. San Bernie is mostly uneducated latino and black.

“Non-Hispanic Whites were 19.0% of the population in 2010,[16] compared to 65.6% in 1970.”

They drive out the prosperous whitey population and then wonder why the cities turn into rat-infested crack den hell holes. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I am arguing that Detroit’s problems arose when it built a whole economy around one commodity (cars) and expected to survive an economic downturn while being a single commodity economy. Detroit’s problems arose around an inability to see new industry trends such as (small to medium vehicles) and an inability to diversify its economy.

When the auto industry collapsed rich Whites that had resources left and the Blacks who had no resources stayed.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I will not go as far as that everything Unions do is great but today the lack of Unions is allowing the working class to take it in ass , I am a poet :)[/quote]

The Georgetown, Kentucky Toyota plant gets by just fine without unions. The workers have worked diligently to keep the UAW out.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I will not go as far as that everything Unions do is great but today the lack of Unions is allowing the working class to take it in ass , I am a poet :)[/quote]

The Georgetown, Kentucky Toyota plant gets by just fine without unions. The workers have worked diligently to keep the UAW out.[/quote]

In my opinion if you work for a company that is fair , you have no need of a Union