Why Cutting Diets Sometimes Fail

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Meh, I don’t necessarily agree with number 4. I cut last summer from 20% to 9% without ever counting calories a single day. [/quote]

I love stuff like this…IMO one of two situations existed…

1. You have great genetics and/or are under 25 years old (the exception doesn’t prove the rule)
  2. Somebody else did the couting for you (either direct ot indirect) [/quote]
    nobody needs to count cals/macs to get to single digit bf its a load of old twoddle just eyeball your food to get the right amounts or do as i do my right hand full of a carb source and my left hand i fill with protien and for fat some pork scratchins do this 3 times a day on rest days or 4 times a day on training days and your set , food logs n stuff BUNCUM !!!

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Meh, I don’t necessarily agree with number 4. I cut last summer from 20% to 9% without ever counting calories a single day. [/quote]

I love stuff like this…IMO one of two situations existed…

1. You have great genetics and/or are under 25 years old (the exception doesn’t prove the rule)

2. Somebody else did the couting for you (either direct ot indirect) [/quote]

3. Um no, diabetes runs RAMPANT in my gene pool and I spent the first 21 years of my life 18% body fat or higher (even during my 13 years of competitive swimming and my 2 years of cross country and track. I am 23. What does that have to do with anything? When did I say I was trying to “prove” anything? I said I disagree with OP’s statement, and provided a counter example to his claim.

4. Nope, nobody counted them for me. I don’t even get how that would work. Do you mean like someone stalks my every move and counts for me? Creepy.

Why didn’t you just ask me about my situation instead of assuming it was one of two things from your own experience? I cut out grains, dairy, sugars, and anything processed. I never let myself get hungry. Never full. Different people have different temperaments and require different approaches. Counting cals would drive me insane and wouldn’t be worth it. I wouldn’t even know where to begin.