Why Carnegie Mellon University?

[quote]SSC wrote:
johnnytang24 wrote:
boatguy wrote:
Say you were inspired by Randy Pausch.

(seriously, did you see the Last Lecture he gave? Crazy stuff, makes you feel like you have no direction in life)

If you’re going to do some name dropping, tell them about that time you met Captain Jean-Luc Picard while dressed as Han Solo while at ComicCom. Tell them about that time your met your favorite scientific superhero Bernoulli, but sadly, it was just a dream. Discuss the philosophical ramifications of having a virtual girlfriend and explain its superiority to physical contact, but don’t mention copulation, since as a CMU student, you will know nothing about it (side note: as a prospective student, letting them know you have never touched a boob is like adding 250 points to your SAT score).

You seem to have a real problem with liberal arts colleges. Are you compensating because you went to Generic State University?[/quote]

Did you seriously just call Mellon a liberal arts college? Do you have any idea what you’re talking about?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
SSC wrote:
johnnytang24 wrote:
boatguy wrote:
Say you were inspired by Randy Pausch.

(seriously, did you see the Last Lecture he gave? Crazy stuff, makes you feel like you have no direction in life)

If you’re going to do some name dropping, tell them about that time you met Captain Jean-Luc Picard while dressed as Han Solo while at ComicCom. Tell them about that time your met your favorite scientific superhero Bernoulli, but sadly, it was just a dream. Discuss the philosophical ramifications of having a virtual girlfriend and explain its superiority to physical contact, but don’t mention copulation, since as a CMU student, you will know nothing about it (side note: as a prospective student, letting them know you have never touched a boob is like adding 250 points to your SAT score).

You seem to have a real problem with liberal arts colleges. Are you compensating because you went to Generic State University?

Did you seriously just call Mellon a liberal arts college? Do you have any idea what you’re talking about?[/quote]

Whoops, apparently not.

[quote]SSC wrote:

You seem to have a real problem with liberal arts colleges. Are you compensating because you went to Generic State University?[/quote]

Dammit, you almost had me figured out. But I didn’t go to Generic State University. I went to some small liberal arts college and I’m bitter because my car is a beater and doesn’t pass inspection, I slave away for pennies, and the gym is 45 minutes away. If it weren’t for the Man keeping me down, I’d be somebody. Damn the Man. Damn the Man.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

I can confirm this rumor. 90% of CMU broads are not worth looking at. The other 10% are so ugly you could take their picture and sell it to the Weekly World News.[/quote]

I did not attend CMU, but I am an engineer. Even when you find the rare chick engineering student who isn’t ugly, she still is not worth your time. Nothing like engineering for sucking the feminine charm out of a woman.

That said, there are plenty of other universities in the area, where I am sure you will find more desirable women.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
pzehtoeur wrote:
One of my friends who goes to Carnegie Mellon actually tells me that Carnegie is rated as the college with the ugliest girls.

Have fun.

does that it mean it has the highest alcohol consumption too?

That or the girls have REALLY good personalities.

http://collegeprowler.com/colleges/rankings/girls/

Carnegie Mellon has a ranking of C-…which is the lowest you can get on the scale.

U. Mich actually ranks as an A- school. Maybe the girls are all hiding.[/quote]

Ouch. I went to Alfred University, which comes in at C+. I’ll ask my brother what he thinks of CMU. This might explain why he’s been able to maintain a long-distance relationship at school.