Why Can't People Put Away Their Weights

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

I was joking

Joking in a thread that is retarded

Because really who cares if weights are getting put away?

Unless you are having to move 20 plates off a leg press or lift 12 plates off a bar for deads it should not be an issue

How many times have you really had to unload a serious amount of plates? Stop bitching.
[/quote]

My bad, I thought you were serious. Honestly, in my gym the leg press is always filled with plates usually by guys who throw as many on there as they can then move it like 3 inches. Another issue is dudes leaving 4 plates after they deadlift in front of the power cage. I don’t deadlift so unloading it is a pain in the ass. That pisses me off 10 times more than the squat rack curls that everyone cries about.

But the worst is people moving the dumbbells from the free weight room over the to machine room on the other side of the gym. Whether for super sets or whatever reason. I shouldn’t have to go on an Easter egg hunt around the gym to find a fuckin dumbbell.
[/quote]

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Yo Rock… we need some arab pussy lol. That will fix this thread. [/quote]

I think they are beyond any help the Middle Eastern Poon can provide.

Abandon ship, brother.They too mad to salvage.[/quote]

Look at what’s going on in the middle east right now. You think anything from there is going to help?

Noted DJ. I hit submit and then thought of the search function.

Not to be an ass though, I guess sending a response of one fucking sentence to chastise me must help to get your post count up bro.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I reorganize the racks between sets. It is always worse with resolutioners still around. Sometimes, I tell kids I’m not their mother. That serves a dual purpose: 1) they feel shame and fix their weights, and 2) they never come back.[/quote]

If I witnessed this exchange I would have offered to clean the snow off your car, warmed it up, shit if it was summer I would offer to wash and wax it lol, bless you.

I’ve been going through the want ads looking for some more home equipment to go along with what I already have. My works shifts are all over the place now so I went to the gym at 4:00 pm yesterday, a time I’ve never gone before…or ever again. It was a fucking zoo.

After two years of a commercial gym I think I’ve had enough. If I could just learn to keep my head down between sets I could get past the waiting for a bench or whatever. It’s the asshatery going on around me thats the distraction. I’m too immature to get past it lol. I will admit I’ve been inspired by a few of the more commited members.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

Look at what’s going on in the middle east right now. You think anything from there is going to help?[/quote]

Ouch

I’d like to know why some people can’t put their scrubs and things away or it takes them a long time even when a special ‘under the bed storage area’ has been made available especially for that purpose. How about the people that leave their bench shirt lying on the incline bench when there is a peg board specifically constructed for gear hangage. It really perplexes me :slight_smile:

From a longneckedcheetahpottamus.

haha BB pick up yer shit!

In the gym, it’s easy. When I have to put away the 100lb dumbells or unload a bar left randomly on the floor, I bitch about it loudly. Never fails that at least 2 guys get up and start cleaning LOL. Either they are young and feel bad for the old lady picking up weights, or they are married and used to getting bitched at for not picking up their junk.

[quote]dianab wrote:

In the gym, it’s easy. When I have to put away the 100lb dumbells or unload a bar left randomly on the floor, I bitch about it loudly. Never fails that at least 2 guys get up and start cleaning LOL. Either they are young and feel bad for the old lady picking up weights, or they are married and used to getting bitched at for not picking up their junk.[/quote]

Woman with 100lb dumbells?

I think I’m getting a boner.

Yep.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

I reorganize the racks between sets. It is always worse with resolutioners still around. Sometimes, I tell kids I’m not their mother. That serves a dual purpose: 1) they feel shame and fix their weights, and 2) they never come back.[/quote]

If I witnessed this exchange I would have offered to clean the snow off your car, warmed it up, shit if it was summer I would offer to wash and wax it lol, bless you.

I’ve been going through the want ads looking for some more home equipment to go along with what I already have. My works shifts are all over the place now so I went to the gym at 4:00 pm yesterday, a time I’ve never gone before…or ever again. It was a fucking zoo.

After two years of a commercial gym I think I’ve had enough. If I could just learn to keep my head down between sets I could get past the waiting for a bench or whatever. It’s the asshatery going on around me thats the distraction. I’m too immature to get past it lol. I will admit I’ve been inspired by a few of the more commited members.

[/quote]

You forgot the part about buying her a double double from Tim’s. In any case 3-7PM at any commercial gym is usually guaranteed squat rack curl gold material in terms of stupidity overall but if you can load up a machine or BB with enough weight, you have the time & no excuses to unload/replace the weights from where you got them.

Common sense would be that you are simply doing GPP when you rerack your weights. Me, I like the guys that put up heavy DBs that DON’T think it’s necessary to drop them from arms’ length height at the end of their sets

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
I lift things up and put them down.[/quote]

x2

I always put what I use back in place. I refuse to clean after or pick up shit for a 15 year old or a lazy idiot, when someone lefts a DB inside the rack, I kick it away in their general direction.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/put_your_weights_away_please?id=4185310&pageNo=0

At least my thread has pictures!!!

[quote]dianab wrote:

In the gym, it’s easy. When I have to put away the 100lb dumbells or unload a bar left randomly on the floor, I bitch about it loudly. Never fails that at least 2 guys get up and start cleaning LOL. Either they are young and feel bad for the old lady picking up weights, or they are married and used to getting bitched at for not picking up their junk.[/quote]

lmao. I should have done that!

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

Look at what’s going on in the middle east right now. You think anything from there is going to help?[/quote]

Ouch
[/quote]

Sorry, man. Insensitive. On the bright side, it went better in your country than your neighbor’s.

I’ll do this too (minus the whole telling them I’m not their mother thing). I can’t stand when someone doesn’t put weights back or puts them in the wrong spot. I think if you’re caught doing this repeatedly then management should just ask you to leave, and hopefully you can make it to your car without running into the wall or something since you’re obviously a complete moron.

I hate stupid people.

I couldn’t give a fuck about shit like this anymore. The more I train in my commercial gym (bit like a 24 fitness i guess) the less conspicuous I act, I don’t ask for advice, I don’t make friends, I put my own weights back (I see it as extra work that’s both beneficial physically and for my karma).

Don’t let shit like this get you down. Most gym goers in gyms where lifting is not a focus are total fuckwits. Don’t let it rile you up. Just say “fuck this, it’s not worth it”. I go to the gym for solace, to do my own thing, hence I have no lifting partner and very happy not to know people in the gym.

Now, if some dickhead intentionally gets in my space or does something that would have or did cause me injury then I’ll be the first to explode.

I use this same principle when I drive now too.

At my gym they will sometimes send a female employee around to put away weights. Don’t forget I’m in Taiwan and this young woman is about 90lbs.
I’ve helped her a couple of times when some preening douche leaves 4 45s on each side of the leg press, which only moved 6 inches when he was using it. Fuckers all.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/put_your_weights_away_please?id=4185310&pageNo=0

At least my thread has pictures!!![/quote]

This one made it further:

https://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/who_doesnt_put_their_weights_away?id=3449712&pageNo=0

7 pages lol

I was really hoping this thread was about WEIners.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
I was really hoping this thread was about WEIners.[/quote]

LOL!