T Nation

Why Can I Not Digest Eggs?

on 2 separate occasions, I have tried eating more eggs in my daily diet to switch things up. Egg salad sandwiches or Scramble recipes, but the eggs sit in my stomach for 2-3 days and I have a hard time pooping!

I love eggs and don’t want to get rid of them, but I hate the way I feel.

Suggestions or advice?

You could be allergic to eggs.

Can’t think of any other reason an egg sandwich would cause you 2-3 days of constipation.

I have always ate eggs…never had problem with them until the last 6 weeks. I have been on a low carb/high fat diet (Get shredded protocols).

To help with fats I have been eating about 8 slices of Cheese (Havarti and Baby Swiss), could that be a possibility or the combination?

Why can not I not but can do not do if I try to.

[quote]csquaredosu66 wrote:
I have always ate eggs…never had problem with them until the last 6 weeks. I have been on a low carb/high fat diet (Get shredded protocols).

To help with fats I have been eating about 8 slices of Cheese (Havarti and Baby Swiss), could that be a possibility or the combination?[/quote]
No idea if this is what’s wrong, but less carbs, less fiber?

Try more fiber before you give up on eggs.

something like 2-4 tsp of psyllium husk is all you need

To help with fats I have been eating about 8 slices of Cheese (Havarti and Baby Swiss), could that be a possibility or the combination?[/quote]
So you have always eaten eggs but made a thread about how you can’t digest them.

Now, you think it could be the cheese…

Maybe, it’s the fact that you are eating a new diet and your digestive system needs time to adjust?

[quote]JLone wrote:

So you have always eaten eggs but made a thread about how you can’t digest them.

Now, you think it could be the cheese…

Maybe, it’s the fact that you are eating a new diet and your digestive system needs time to adjust?

[/quote]

I have always eaten egg, just not as many as I have. eating about 10-14 a day twice a week.

What if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if you are eating a new diet and your digestive system needs time to adjust?

Stop keying in on the egg thing and focus…

You started the “Get shredded protocols” which reduced your calorie intake and had you eating differently. If your eating less you will poop less. If you have a problem with that take a fiber supplement like psyllium husks, it will add bulk.

eat more fiber.