T Nation

Why Buy Natural Peanut Butter?

So I was at The Big E recently (like a state fair but for all of new england) and there was a demonstration for a blender and the guy made peanut butter with just peanuts…

now I always thought it was done some other way because if you put peanuts in a blender than not much happens, but I noticed he used a plunger to push the peanuts into the blades again and again and it worked like a charm.

I went home and thought to myself…why use peanuts when I can use mix nuts and have something even better than natty pb! I put third of a can of nuts into my cheap ass blender I got at the salvation army and hit full power(no $500 wonder blender needed), it ground up the nuts but initially didnt make anything like peanut butter…

I then thought I need something to help move it around… I fooled around with a spatula for a couple of minutes and soon got something Identical to peanut butter in texture and very similar in taste. I also found out when I get the first batch done and mix in more nuts it happens much faster.

So, what do you guys think about mixed nut butter?

You be surprise how much shit you can make at home. Yogurt,sauerkraut,cheese,whey,jerkies,jam. The list goes on. Some people use old fashion coffee bean grinders to make PB.

what did you do to get the peanut ground into butter? im very curious.

natty PB is extremely cheap where i buy it. It would cost more to buy nuts and then i would have to spend the time to ground them.

kinda cool though. think you can post of pic of what you got?

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
natty PB is extremely cheap where i buy it. It would cost more to buy nuts and then i would have to spend the time to ground them.[/quote]

And clean the food processer.

nuts are expensive where I’m from lol

i’d love to do it but natty pb and other nut butters re just as good