Why Bush Won

[quote]Soco wrote:
The reason Bush won is that no president in our history has been voted out of office while we are at war.

The unfortunate thing is that this will have other major consequences that I think negatively affect our security and social liberties.

[/quote]

I believe the largest effect will be to our social liberties. Anyone who enjoyed using their supplements while voting for Bush probably should have thought twice. With no resistance from the House on social issues, we are basically at the mercy of Bush/Cheney. In between all of the celebration, I hope everyone is actually looking at this from all sides.

I can understand that you are disappointed, but really, this is one of the most ignorant and despicable things I have heard on these forums.

Zeb,

Another reason–a democratic colleague commented that there was no way he could vote for Kerry. I guess from what you have said it is not likely, but it seems that the democrats have not figured out that a moderate is their way back to power.

I think we should all focus on the most important issue. The Redskins can no longer be counted on to predict the presidency. It’s a sad day when professional football can’t be depended upon.

[quote]JPBear wrote:

Maybe this holy war will become what those who follow the bible refer to as “Revelations.” Bush could very well be the anti-Christ.

I can understand that you are disappointed, but really, this is one of the most ignorant and despicable things I have heard on these forums.[/quote]

The Evangelists speak up. Too bad you’re not in the U.S., you could have voted for Bush and the Evangelists as well.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
It is a sad day in the U.S. I’m disappointed.

[/quote]

Sad for a minority, maybe? Bush achieved more votes in this election than any other person ever has, so sad for who? That’s just ridiculous.

While we’re on the topic of ridiculous, this notion of religious rule is just stupid. Most religious conservatives are simply good natured people that have moral fiber. We are cautious with science, NOT against science. So get off it! Use some friggin’ logic.

[quote]jackzepplin wrote:
While we’re on the topic of ridiculous, this notion of religious rule is just stupid. Most religious conservatives are simply good natured people that have moral fiber. We are cautious with science, NOT against science. So get off it! Use some friggin’ logic.[/quote]

Thank you!!!

Nate Dogg wrote:
It is a sad day in the U.S. I’m disappointed.

Sad for a minority, maybe? Bush achieved more votes in this election than any other person ever has, so sad for who? [/quote]

If you didn’t notice or were asleep for the last few days, Bush did not win by a landslide of votes. It was nearly split right down the middle of the country not counting those who didn’t get to vote for some reason. That means, quite literally, there are just as many people dissappointed with this election as there are those happy with it. Why ignore that?

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
JPBear wrote:

Maybe this holy war will become what those who follow the bible refer to as “Revelations.” Bush could very well be the anti-Christ.

I can understand that you are disappointed, but really, this is one of the most ignorant and despicable things I have heard on these forums.

The Evangelists speak up. Too bad you’re not in the U.S., you could have voted for Bush and the Evangelists as well.[/quote]

I’m not an evangelical and I agree that’s the most ignorant thing I’ve read on the these boards in a long time. So who is Cheney? Satan?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Anyone who enjoyed using their supplements while voting for Bush probably should have thought twice.[/quote]

Come on! You don’t believe for a minute that Kerry wouldn’t have signed that Andro bill at least as fast, do you?

It passed the House virtually unanimously; two of the three House members who voted against it were Republicans; AND…it was veto-proof anyway.

[quote]bandgeek wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Anyone who enjoyed using their supplements while voting for Bush probably should have thought twice.

Come on! You don’t believe for a minute that Kerry wouldn’t have signed that Andro bill at least as fast, do you?

It passed the House virtually unanimously; two of the three House members who voted against it were Republicans; AND…it was veto-proof anyway.[/quote]

You only think as far out as “that andro bill”? You never had to write one of those “where will you be in 5 years” essays in school, did you?

I actually have to say that I’m centrist/conservative by nature and voted for Bush in the last election and this election. With that said, there are some things his administration is doing that I simply am against namely big government spending, the erosion of some of our individual liberties in response to terrorism, and the crackdown on free speech by the FCC. On the other hand, I was against much more of what Gore or Kerry represented -higher taxes, socialized medicine, abortion, death penalty, etc.

The thing that concerns me, however, even speaking as a conservative leading individual, is that republicans have control over the house and senate. I think our country is always better served when there is a checks and balances in place and right now the republicans have control over both. Although I think Democrats still have enough seats in the Senate to make it hard to just push through any given bill.

I think all this election proved is that the country is, in fact, sick and tired of George Bush, but there wasn’t a worthy option to him. I am living proof of that, for sure. Next time let’s hope the Democrats come up with someone worth a shit.

While we’re on the topic of ridiculous, this notion of religious rule is just stupid. Most religious conservatives are simply good natured people that have moral fiber. We are cautious with science, NOT against science. So get off it! Use some friggin’ logic.[/quote]

Hey, it’s great if (some) people are religious and have some sort of moral fiber as long as they don’t use it in a negative way (such as religious-based drug/alcohol programs that discriminate for various reasons or if you don’t accept Christianity; or organizations that discriminate because of someone’s race, religion or sexual orientation). And it’s great that they are cautious with science and not against it.

My gripe is when religion and morals are used in a way so that the government takes away civil liberties or choices because it’s “morally unacceptable” (to them).

For example, the government and no man should have a say against a woman’s choice to have an abortion. (Yes, I’m Pro-choice.) Why should the government be able to make that decision for women? The same with supplements or other civil liberties. Hey, if homosexuals want to get married, let them! It’s their choice, and no one should tell them they can’t because they are gay. That’s the religious richt telling someone that what they do is morally wrong. Okay, so maybe it’s wrong in their eyes, but not to others!

But you know what? It doesn’t matter what I’m saying. Because you’ll have something to say that will counter everything I said (or believe in), and will make it seem as though I’m wrong or the “bad guy” because I don’t agree with your thoughts or other religious or conservative thoughts.

Crucify me.

As per the thread title… he won because he got more votes… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]randman wrote:
So who is Cheney? Satan?[/quote]

Hmmm…could be a possibility. But I thought Osama or Saddam would play the part of the devil!

Then again, haven’t others said that it’s Cheney who is really running the white house and the presidency?

But there is no need to comment on that, as we all know it’s a bunch of “liberal” bullshit!

Your man won. I’m sure you are happy. I’m disappointed, as I think many bad things will happen in the next four years.

In fact, I’m looking for one of these jobs that have been outsourced by President Bush. I’ve heard of people making $100K or more doing various jobs in Iraq and other places. I might as well leave the country and make a ton of money rather than staying here, right?

Don’t you mean use some cautious logic?

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Zeb:

I think another factor – particularly in OH – was the presence on the ballot of an initiative to ban gay marriage. They were on the ballot in 11 states, and won in all of them – including OR, a blue state – by double-digits.[/quote]

BB:

I agree that helped motivate many traditional folks (like myself) to get out and vote for President Bush.

I was also very encouraged to see that not only did every state (who had it on the ballot) wanted to define marriage as between a man and a woman, but they did so by large margins into the 70%-75% figure.

Tom Daschle losing, the republicans picking up seats in the Senate…oh it was a great night!

I love all this gloom and doom, now bieng thrown at us. Is this as graceful as you guys can be while losing? The american people have spoken and you were on the wrong side of it. No big deal, we can probably unite as a people and make a difference, I have been hearing some pretty good comments from both sides to that extent so far today. So far I havn’t seen any excessive or mean gloating so Why do you guys have to ruin this thing now by crying over a loss.

Vegita ~ Prince of all Sayajins

Roy/Professor X,

Just in case you missed it, Bush won the popular vote by nearly 4 million votes.

That is not a 50-50 split.

Hate to state the obvious.

You are both wrong about your scare comments about religion and loss of rights.

Period.

Bush has a clear mandate with little resistance in either house.

That bullshit “anybody but Bush” mob has been repudiated clearly. That is the most ignorant rallying cry in the history of modern politics.

The non-Americans need to hear this: we will do our best to leave a stable Iraq/Afghanistan. We aren’t going to cut and run. We will not sacrifice our national security to the U.N. or other debating clubs.

The terrorists know full well what a W. win means. The terrorists will be prosecuted with the full vigor of American might.

As for the Democrats, either you change your party and their elitest garbage, or you will be frozen out of the political process.

If you Democrats continue to support people like Daschle, they will be removed by the people.

W.

Four more years.

JeffR