Why Bush is the Hated Scapegoat

The POTUS has the job of executing the will of Congress. Granted, the president has a lot of input, but when all is said and done, the job is executive in nature. Bush is not and cannot be a dictator.

The man is doing YOUR will, people, as expressed through your representatives. You vote for people who run up huge deficits. You vote for people who keep huge programs in place, said programs GUARANTEED to bankrupt the country. You vote for people who you know are corrupt (like Jefferson in NOLA). You vote for continuance of a system that is mathematically guaranteed to end in disaster.

Are you using Bush as a scapegoat? You put a guy up there who is a bewildered dummy and then get mad when the dummy can’t make an impossible system work. Is it the dummy or the system? YOU created and maintain the system and vote for the dummies. WHO’S to blame???

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
… WHO’S to blame???[/quote]

The Jews. Or the Illuminati. Or the Stone Cutters.

[i]
Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do, We do.

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do, we do.

Who keeps back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do, we do.

Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we dooooooo.
[/i]

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
… WHO’S to blame???

[i]
We do, We do.

We do, we do.

We do, we do.

We do, we dooooooo.
[/i][/quote]

Holy shit I fuckin LOL’d.

Nicely done.

Headhunter wrote:
… WHO’S to blame???

[i]
We do, We do.

We do, we do.

We do, we do.

We do, we dooooooo.
[/i][/quote]

Uh…okay…???

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The POTUS has the job of executing the will of Congress. Granted, the president has a lot of input, but when all is said and done, the job is executive in nature. Bush is not and cannot be a dictator.

The man is doing YOUR will, people, as expressed through your representatives. You vote for people who run up huge deficits. You vote for people who keep huge programs in place, said programs GUARANTEED to bankrupt the country. You vote for people who you know are corrupt (like Jefferson in NOLA). You vote for continuance of a system that is mathematically guaranteed to end in disaster.

Are you using Bush as a scapegoat? You put a guy up there who is a bewildered dummy and then get mad when the dummy can’t make an impossible system work. Is it the dummy or the system? YOU created and maintain the system and vote for the dummies. WHO’S to blame???[/quote]

For real?

LULZ.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
… WHO’S to blame???

[i]
We do, We do.

We do, we do.

We do, we do.

We do, we dooooooo.
[/i]

Uh…okay…???

[/quote]

You’re not a fan of the Simpsons I take it.

You know, I don’t know if it is a coincidence or what, but as I was reading this President Bush was on my TV talking about what congress needs to do before they take one of their many “recesses” like, get to work on the list of nominations, work on a housing bill to save people from foreclosure, and start drilling it like swiss cheese to relieve consumer’s pain at the pump.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
You know, I don’t know if it is a coincidence or what, but as I was reading this President Bush was on my TV talking about what congress needs to do before they take one of their many “recesses” like, get to work on the list of nominations, work on a housing bill to save people from foreclosure, and start drilling it like swiss cheese to relieve consumer’s pain at the pump.[/quote]

Because the President has never taken a vacation. Ever. List of nominations? What does Congress nominate people for? Or are you talking about confirming or denying nominations, which is a long process if you don’t want to get a stupid answer?

And there is no garuntee (and in fact no reason to think) that drilling in America will reduce gas prices. We’re limited by refineries still, and the demand with still be increasing. (Not that I don’t fully support drilling as a method of diverting funding away from the ME).

To place blame entirely on one branch is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
You know, I don’t know if it is a coincidence or what, but as I was reading this President Bush was on my TV talking about what congress needs to do before they take one of their many “recesses” like, get to work on the list of nominations, work on a housing bill to save people from foreclosure, and start drilling it like swiss cheese to relieve consumer’s pain at the pump.

Because the President has never taken a vacation. Ever…[/quote]

Actually he brings his work with him, as did Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan… Congress doesn’t.

I was just pointing out a weird coincidence, that’s all.

But, since congress’ approval rating is actually lower than Bush’s, one has to think…

Its obvious that our system is broken. Someone like John Galt (of ‘Atlas Shrugged’ fame) said it best: ‘There is no way to make the irrational work.’

You cannot be wealthy and have a philosophy glorifying unselfishness. You cannot be free to produce (oil is an ex) at the will and whim of the latest bureaucrat-in-charge. You cannot use money as a store of value if criminals (aka the Federal Reserve) can simply inflate away your wealth.

This muck of contradictions is helping to destroy this country. Blaming Bush for not being able to create paradise out of contradictions is laughable at best.

Beowolf wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

Because the President has never taken a vacation. Ever…

Actually he brings his work with him, as did Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan… Congress doesn’t.[/quote]

Incorrect. By being in their home, Congressmen can get more in touch with their constituents, better representing them. They probably do as much “work” in recess as the Presidents did on vacation. If Congress never left Washington, everyone would bitch and moan about how out of touch they are, and how they should be forced to leave DC so they could better represent their people.

Never mind. I don’t have time to get involved in a debate.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Its obvious that our system is broken. Someone like John Galt (of ‘Atlas Shrugged’ fame) said it best: ‘There is no way to make the irrational work.’

You cannot be wealthy and have a philosophy glorifying unselfishness. You cannot be free to produce (oil is an ex) at the will and whim of the latest bureaucrat-in-charge. You cannot use money as a store of value if criminals (aka the Federal Reserve) can simply inflate away your wealth.

This muck of contradictions is helping to destroy this country. Blaming Bush for not being able to create paradise out of contradictions is laughable at best.[/quote]

Err…

How come Clinton did so much better with the same ‘contradictions’?

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

This muck of contradictions is helping to destroy this country. Blaming Bush for not being able to create paradise out of contradictions is laughable at best.

Err…

How come Clinton did so much better with the same ‘contradictions’?[/quote]

Because the contradictions are a process, not a moment in time. It took the Roman Empire quite a long time to finally collapse. How did it survive Nero?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
More moronic vitriol. Bush enacts the will of Congress. Ok. That’s why does his damndest to veto any bills that Congress comes up with that are actually good. Bush doesn’t enact the will of Congress OR the people. He’s no scapegoat. He’s a piece of shit. And he’s set the Republican party and this country back light years.

Bush has been less fically conservatve than the most wasteful, Congressman promoting the most ridiculous pork-laden bills. Larry Hunter, who I actually respect, said it best: the Republican party under George Bush’s leadship is a rotting carcass stumbling around like zombies in a horror version of Weekend at Bernies.[/quote]

I know its much easier to blame someone (esp someone else) but the American people elect these guys. They (the politicians) are told to reduce spending yet provide things like drugs for seniors. They are told to reduce taxes yet defend the country. They are told to protect the environment but lower the price of oil.

How would YOU fare trying to ride herd on this muck of contradictions? Not very well.

Blaming the Republicans or even the Dems is wrong. They are like trained monkeys holding on for dear life to the back of a rodeo bull that has gone crazy. Our system is craxy.

When it collapses, what a day that will be!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
More moronic vitriol. Bush enacts the will of Congress. Ok. That’s why does his damndest to veto any bills that Congress comes up with that are actually good. Bush doesn’t enact the will of Congress OR the people. He’s no scapegoat. He’s a piece of shit. And he’s set the Republican party and this country back light years.

Bush has been less fically conservatve than the most wasteful, Congressman promoting the most ridiculous pork-laden bills. Larry Hunter, who I actually respect, said it best: the Republican party under George Bush’s leadship is a rotting carcass stumbling around like zombies in a horror version of Weekend at Bernies.

I know its much easier to blame someone (esp someone else) but the American people elect these guys. They (the politicians) are told to reduce spending yet provide things like drugs for seniors. They are told to reduce taxes yet defend the country. They are told to protect the environment but lower the price of oil.

How would YOU fare trying to ride herd on this muck of contradictions? Not very well.

Blaming the Republicans or even the Dems is wrong. They are like trained monkeys holding on for dear life to the back of a rodeo bull that has gone crazy. Our system is craxy.

When it collapses, what a day that will be!
[/quote]

Oh, I didn’t get to it fast enough. Our systems got plenty of problems. I agree to that. Not the least of which is politicians spouting bullshit to get elected and then going off in totally the opposite direction.

Most elected officials don’t exaclty enact the will of the people or govern on the platform they run on. Bush has been particularly grievous and made some particularly poor leadship decisions.

Decisions only tangentionally related to ideology and party politics. Or pandering. They’ve just been really bad decisions. The people and his own party are right to hold him in low esteem. As both do.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

Because the President has never taken a vacation. Ever…

Actually he brings his work with him, as did Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan… Congress doesn’t.

Incorrect. By being in their home, Congressmen can get more in touch with their constituents, better representing them. They probably do as much “work” in recess as the Presidents did on vacation. If Congress never left Washington, everyone would bitch and moan about how out of touch they are, and how they should be forced to leave DC so they could better represent their people.[/quote]

Not when bills need to be passed to address issues. They spend too much time in DC worrying about bullshit like steroids in MLB and then they leave for the summer without getting their work done. It is sickening.

My point is that Bush or anyone else has very little peogative when it comes down to it; not because of any conspiracy but because of how the system is designed.

How would you get rid of the Department of Education? How would you reform Social Security? Answer: you can’t. Every item has a pressure group behind it. Do anything, and you’ve got opposing Congressmen and lawsuits staring at you.

Basically, our government is like the Three Stooges, trapped in a room with a machine gone berzerk while they push every button. Do we blame the stooge who’s at the helm when the machine explodes? Ludicrous.

You guys are thinking of the government as if it were a small business where the CEO has real input.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
My point is that Bush or anyone else has very little peogative when it comes down to it; not because of any conspiracy but because of how the system is designed.

How would you get rid of the Department of Education? How would you reform Social Security? Answer: you can’t. Every item has a pressure group behind it. Do anything, and you’ve got opposing Congressmen and lawsuits staring at you.

Basically, our government is like the Three Stooges, trapped in a room with a machine gone berzerk while they push every button. Do we blame the stooge who’s at the helm when the machine explodes? Ludicrous.

You guys are thinking of the government as if it were a small business where the CEO has real input.[/quote]

I get where you’re going with this, and it’s not a bad critique of democracy, or modern mass democracy anyway. But using it to exonerate Bush is pretty stupid. Guy’s a two-term president, had his own party in Congress for six years, ton of political capital in the wake of 9/11. And what do we get? A military disaster, worse discretionary spending than LBJ, politics trumping policy, and the possible slide of the GOP into being a long-term minority policy (watch)…We’re talking about the worst president since Carter at the very least, and possibly the worst ever. Find a better target.