T Nation

Why Bulk Up When You Can Get Down?

Before I go on, let it be known that I’ve been dancing for four years. It gives me a different kind of strength than most people. I have functional strength, yes, but also agile strength. It helps a lot, even in day-to-day life. As an example, I keep a bowl of microwave-able popcorn on top of my refrigerator, so that I can just reach in and grab a packet to cook at any time.

The problem is that my fridge is just a bit tall. A normal man would shrug his shoulders and go without his popcorn, but years of dancing have given me the agility I need to use a short step-ladder to retrieve my tasty treat. It’s stuff nobody ever thinks about. Little conveniences that make me glad I dance.

I’ll never understand why some guys waste time getting buff. They’re bigger, sure, but that just weighs them down, I find. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. If such a man was to fall from my step-ladder, he would feel more pain than I do, because of a little something I call “The Gravitational Force”.

In more scientific terms, he is more massive, therefore he does not like falling. For something a bit more practical, think of a big guy dancing. Not very graceful, is it? Think of your average club-goer, lumbering around. Now think of me. I’m tall, 6’2’’, and I weigh 140lbs. My grace is a sight to behold. Seriously, because I reject the typical “Get big” mentality and instead focus on grace, I get looks. When I hit the clubs and dance, people pay attention. Guys give me lots of looks, and at the same time, I see their ladies laugh at them for not dancing as well as I do.

Really, I don’t want to sound conceited, I just think you should all consider belly dance, like I have. It has benefits beyond the obvious one of being able to belly dance. After doing it for a while, you’ll never know how you lived with out it, and people like it, too.

[quote]grew7 wrote:
Before I go on, let it be known that I’ve been dancing for four years. It gives me a different kind of strength than most people. I have functional strength, yes, but also agile strength. It helps a lot, even in day-to-day life. As an example, I keep a bowl of microwave-able popcorn on top of my refrigerator, so that I can just reach in and grab a packet to cook at any time. The problem is that my fridge is just a bit tall. A normal man would shrug his shoulders and go without his popcorn, but years of dancing have given me the agility I need to use a short step-ladder to retrieve my tasty treat. It’s stuff nobody ever thinks about. Little conveniences that make me glad I dance.

I’ll never understand why some guys waste time getting buff. They’re bigger, sure, but that just weighs them down, I find. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. If such a man was to fall from my step-ladder, he would feel more pain than I do, because of a little something I call “The Gravitational Force”. In more scientific terms, he is more massive, therefore he does not like falling. For something a bit more practical, think of a big guy dancing. Not very graceful, is it? Think of your average club-goer, lumbering around. Now think of me. I’m tall, 6’2’’, and I weigh 140lbs. My grace is a sight to behold. Seriously, because I reject the typical “Get big” mentality and instead focus on grace, I get looks. When I hit the clubs and dance, people pay attention. Guys give me lots of looks, and at the same time, I see their ladies laugh at them for not dancing as well as I do.

Really, I don’t want to sound conceited, I just think you should all consider belly dance, like I have. It has benefits beyond the obvious one of being able to belly dance. After doing it for a while, you’ll never know how you lived with out it, and people like it, too.[/quote]

This site is DYING.

[quote]grew7 wrote:
Before I go on, let it be known that I’ve been dancing for four years. It gives me a different kind of strength than most people. I have functional strength, yes, but also agile strength. It helps a lot, even in day-to-day life. As an example, I keep a bowl of microwave-able popcorn on top of my refrigerator, so that I can just reach in and grab a packet to cook at any time. The problem is that my fridge is just a bit tall. A normal man would shrug his shoulders and go without his popcorn, but years of dancing have given me the agility I need to use a short step-ladder to retrieve my tasty treat. It’s stuff nobody ever thinks about. Little conveniences that make me glad I dance.

I’ll never understand why some guys waste time getting buff. They’re bigger, sure, but that just weighs them down, I find. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. If such a man was to fall from my step-ladder, he would feel more pain than I do, because of a little something I call “The Gravitational Force”. In more scientific terms, he is more massive, therefore he does not like falling. For something a bit more practical, think of a big guy dancing. Not very graceful, is it? Think of your average club-goer, lumbering around. Now think of me. I’m tall, 6’2’’, and I weigh 140lbs. My grace is a sight to behold. Seriously, because I reject the typical “Get big” mentality and instead focus on grace, I get looks. When I hit the clubs and dance, people pay attention. Guys give me lots of looks, and at the same time, I see their ladies laugh at them for not dancing as well as I do.

Really, I don’t want to sound conceited, I just think you should all consider belly dance, like I have. It has benefits beyond the obvious one of being able to belly dance. After doing it for a while, you’ll never know how you lived with out it, and people like it, too.[/quote]

i bet you get all kinds of looks from people making fun of what a fag you are.

[quote]Joe84 wrote:
grew7 wrote:

Really, I don’t want to sound conceited, I just think you should all consider belly dance, like I have. It has benefits beyond the obvious one of being able to belly dance. After doing it for a while, you’ll never know how you lived with out it, and people like it, too.

i bet you get all kinds of looks from people making fun of what a fag you are. [/quote]

Specially at 6+feet tall dancing like a homo …yep they are pointing and lauphing at you …here is a good cup of dance fuel for you!!!

Gene Kelly just rolled over in his grave.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Hahaha, nice pisstake Grew, however I feel that your attempts at satire may be lost on some folks right about now.

Come on guys, he’s talking about using a step ladder to retrieve popcorn from the top of his fridge for fuck sake.

Bushy

[/quote]

But there are a bazillion of these “satire” threads, lately. And it’s just getting old, not funny.

But, the true question is… How would this physical condition, agility, and grace, help one in a fight to the death with a Grizzer Bar?

D

I thought we all aspired to be 275lb belly dancers…

[quote]Professor X wrote:

This site is DYING.[/quote]

Are you going to leave? Forever? Um…again?

[quote]grew7 wrote:

Why are you on a BODYBUILDING website?

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:
Gene Kelly just rolled over in his grave.[/quote]

He was the man.

Did I lay it on too thickly, or is it just that I put down being big/healthy which is apparently over-done here? I figured that might be more relevant to a weight-lifting forum, but I can see now how it would be the obvious thing to joke about.

Stopped by and felt like doing another joke thread. To be honest, after I thought of the belly-dancing part, I was grasping for anything to fill the rest of the post with. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised it shows.

I liked the first paragraph when you talked about using a step ladder, but it seems like the other stuff was just weird and not as funny. Profx and others were a bit harsh, but just take the responses as criticism and motivation to write better jokes next time.

[quote]anthropocentric wrote:
I liked the first paragraph when you talked about using a step ladder, but it seems like the other stuff was just weird and not as funny. Profx and others were a bit harsh, but just take the responses as criticism and motivation to write better jokes next time.

[/quote]

To be honest, his take wasn’t extreme enough. We have guys on this forum who are serious when they make posts similar to that. They just usually leave out the belly dancing.

I bet if no one responded initially, someone would have written they agreed.

I bet if no one responded initially, someone would have written they agreed.[/quote]

LOL!!!

anthropocentric wrote:

To be honest, his take wasn’t extreme enough. We have guys on this forum who are serious when they make posts similar to that. They just usually leave out the belly dancing.

I bet if no one responded initially, someone would have written they agreed.[/quote]

PX is “chase-raping” the correct here pretty good. It seems that many individuals ability to interpret internet sarcasm is low. So unless the spin off/satire is hella thick then there will be people (god bless them, poor souls) who will respond in all seriousness. And just as said above it is because there is so much semi-legitimate (I’m still not convinced that some other site isnt having us all for a fool) dumb ass shit posted by guys with 2 posts and dudes with 60 posts drinking their “should I cut yet” kool-aid.

Despite this, people are somehow amazed that huge cults are formed overnight and poor people still buy into amway (good soap though mind you).

Even worse, it was pointed out on another thread with some retard benching in a video that there seems to be no more inhibition to embarrass oneself wholesale on the internet and not even realize it (as far as i can tell). A sure sign of de-evolution from inbreeding. I’m convinced democracy isn’t actually as helpful as we think it might be given the bowinkle like mentality of many possible voters.

-chris

Everybody is a bloody comedian nowadays. But not everybody is actually funny.

At least he didn’t post it in the STEROIDS forum.