Why Bodybulding is a Joke in India

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
I wonder how long bodybuilding has been a thing over there.[/quote]
Chit Tun, originally from Burma/later lived in India, wrote a few books on physical culture/bodybuilding in the 1920 and '30s.[/quote]

Omg this guy sounds exactly like Mark Rippetoe.

For those of you criticizing this…have you have been to India? I spent a week in New Dheli a while back and still refer to that time as being in purgatory. If you have ever seen how the majority of the people in that country actually live, even in what are considered the more forward places, you would be amazed by these guys.

Most people don’t even have access to clean water. I stayed at a high end hotel with its own water treatment facility and still got dysentery. No joke, that picture to me is actually pretty inspiring considering my time spent there.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
That’s obviously an amateur competition.

woahhhh, way to fucking shiny. They look like they are made of metal or plastic.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
I wonder how long bodybuilding has been a thing over there.[/quote]
Chit Tun, originally from Burma/later lived in India, wrote a few books on physical culture/bodybuilding in the 1920 and '30s.[/quote]
Omg this guy sounds exactly like Mark Rippetoe.[/quote]
Holy shit, you might be right. :wink:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
For those of you criticizing this…have you have been to India? I spent a week in New Dheli a while back and still refer to that time as being in purgatory. If you have ever seen how the majority of the people in that country actually live, even in what are considered the more forward places, you would be amazed by these guys.

Most people don’t even have access to clean water. I stayed at a high end hotel with its own water treatment facility and still got dysentery. No joke, that picture to me is actually pretty inspiring considering my time spent there. [/quote]

Truth. Those guys who are able to produce decent physiques in India are more then likely in the upper echelons of income earners.

Most people forget on this forum(youngster mentioned it in another thread) Bodybuilding is a privileged.

Physical culture has a huge history in most Indo/Dravidian cultures from Iran all the way to India. The Indians have their own renowned style of sand pit wrestling. While this isn’t bodybuilding as we know it, there are conditioning protocols used in conjuction with the wrestling involving climbing ropes, bodyweight movements, Indian clubs, dumbells etc…Lots of “old school” methods of training. However, modern fitness gyms are sprouting all over the place. Hell, there’s even 2-3 Crossfit gyms in India the last time I checked!

The guys in the picture do not appear to be northern or Punjabi Indians. The Punjabis tend to be taller, lighter in complexion and have larger structures (In general not a hard rule). Also they have more of a meat-based higher animal protein content in their diets than those in the southern regions.

Above is Premchand Degra from the 80s who competed at a world class level.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
Lol maybe ill just hit 12% go to india and dominate the bb scene[/quote]

No offense, but if that is a picture of you in your avatar, I think that even if you did reach 12%, you would not “dominate” that contest.

Just saying.

tweet

I remember him!

I hated India. I have nothing else to add.

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
I hated India. I have nothing else to add.[/quote]

Yes I agree being surrounded by poor people 24/7 is shitty.

[quote]johnny k53 wrote:
It’s easy to be negative.Why the fuck critize a Novice bodybuilder in a country that is still developing. Also these young men are natural and not like a Novice contest in the U.S.A. full of anabolic steroid’s. More power to these young men!!! johnny[/quote]

Thats the SAD part…they ARE on PED’s, Im 100% of it, they guy on the far left is an actually friend of mine and I pinned for him a few times when he began…

Its SHOCKING to hear how much bro science people here follow…its like they dont know/wont google. 80% of PED’s usere here dont know what PCT is or why its even needed.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

Most people don’t even have access to clean water. I stayed at a high end hotel with its own water treatment facility and still got dysentery. No joke, that picture to me is actually pretty inspiring considering my time spent there. [/quote]

Truth. Those guys who are able to produce decent physiques in India are more then likely in the upper echelons of income earners.

Most people forget on this forum(youngster mentioned it in another thread) Bodybuilding is a privileged.[/quote]

This is a 100% fact here, just to go do a “decent” US like gym you have to be earning fairly well.

Plus to eat on the “bodybulider” life style its very expensive here…most of the shit is carb poured on top of carbs.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
I wonder how long bodybuilding has been a thing over there. I mean I bet they’ll keep getting better. I hate to stereotype, but I’m pretty sure the average Indian (actually in India, not an American immigrant) dude is skinny as absolute hell.[/quote]

Exactly. They don’t eat much steak either.

We all know that steak = bicepz.[/quote]

There is no steak in 95% of India dude to cows being scared…
They try n pass off OX and diffrent varietes of buffalo as beef…
I miss beef…

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
I wonder how long bodybuilding has been a thing over there. I mean I bet they’ll keep getting better. I hate to stereotype, but I’m pretty sure the average Indian (actually in India, not an American immigrant) dude is skinny as absolute hell.[/quote]

Exactly. They don’t eat much steak either.

We all know that steak = bicepz.[/quote]

There is no steak in 95% of India dude to cows being scared…
They try n pass off OX and diffrent varietes of buffalo as beef…
I miss beef…[/quote]

I know you meant sacred, but the idea of scared cows made me laugh.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]johnny k53 wrote:
It’s easy to be negative.Why the fuck critize a Novice bodybuilder in a country that is still developing. Also these young men are natural and not like a Novice contest in the U.S.A. full of anabolic steroid’s. More power to these young men!!! johnny[/quote]

Thats the SAD part…they ARE on PED’s, Im 100% of it, they guy on the far left is an actually friend of mine and I pinned for him a few times when he began…

Its SHOCKING to hear how much bro science people here follow…its like they dont know/wont google. 80% of PED’s usere here dont know what PCT is or why its even needed.[/quote]

Oh god, i want to here one of those guys say Bro in a Indian Accent.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]johnny k53 wrote:

Its SHOCKING to hear how much bro science people here follow…its like they dont know/wont google. 80% of PED’s usere here dont know what PCT is or why its even needed.[/quote]

So one of these guys is your buddy, and you decided to post his picture on the internet, expose his PED use and make fun of him to strangers…haha dude you’re kind of a dick.

OP’s kind of a racist too, you’ve only been exposed to a microcosm of Indian bodybuilding yet you’re willing to say the sport sucks there. I’m sure we’ve all seen similar ignorance regarding training/PEDs in the US.

If you’re going to put out stereotypes of India, at least talk about the general poopy smell or the constant staring…

Meh, sometimes I see some dudes who just play basket-
wait a minute!

They dont even look like they lift. Which compared to the average Indian means they look like super heroes so sounds about right.

Imagine how expensive supplements are to those guys. They probably get very little protein in their diets anyway without considering economic issues… Their diet is carb dominant.