Why Bodybulding is a Joke in India

…wtf

I mean LOL? or admire the fact they got up on stage at least.

Do you have any more information about the competition? I feel like this is a very amateur, super low level comp maybe even without a sanctioning body. It looks like an old school hall stage.

I dig the dude with the mustache! In one of his poses it looks like he has a gut!

I’m laughing at the HUGE number tags. I mean do the judges have vision problems?

Considering the lifestyle of most in that country and the fact that bodybuilding is just now really catching on there, I wouldn’t laugh at this.

These guys are probably bigger than many of the posters here who might laugh at them.

there are quite a few Indians that live in my town, and there are quite a bit that train at my gym.

most are big fuckers.

I wonder how long bodybuilding has been a thing over there. I mean I bet they’ll keep getting better. I hate to stereotype, but I’m pretty sure the average Indian (actually in India, not an American immigrant) dude is skinny as absolute hell.

[quote]csulli wrote:
I wonder how long bodybuilding has been a thing over there. I mean I bet they’ll keep getting better. I hate to stereotype, but I’m pretty sure the average Indian (actually in India, not an American immigrant) dude is skinny as absolute hell.[/quote]

Exactly. They don’t eat much steak either.

We all know that steak = bicepz.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

These guys are probably bigger than many of the posters here who might laugh at them.[/quote]

Yep

I recall Dorian going over there several times during his heyday, and talking about how big bodybuilding was. Of course the disparity of wealth in the country as well as the typical diet certainly have some effect on the quality and quantity of physiques produced.

S

Lol maybe ill just hit 12% go to india and dominate the bb scene

India has 4x the population of the United States, so not all contests/Indians look like this lol. This type of stereotyping is just as bad if not worse than saying all black people get jacked easily.

Anyways, my great-grandfater owned a gym in India and said even small villages had one. Dude ate tons of protein (still vegetarian, but owning a cow and chickens made this easy) and did a lot of lifting, swimming, and bodyweight exercises daily. I think Indians were the first people to have a village gym, if not the Greeks.

I was born in the US and only really notice that people who lift weights and eat a lot are big, while those who don’t are small.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
Lol maybe ill just hit 12% go to india and dominate the bb scene[/quote]

Damn, I have competition now. I will make sure to come in better conditioned and show you up :slight_smile:

I think BB is pretty popular in India, maybe more so then America. So with a bigger pool of people participating, you’ll get a lot more ‘less then great’ competitors.

It’s like here when you go to a basketball court to play. EVERYONE plays, with most being horrible, not even knowing the intricacies of the game, etc.

It’s easy to be negative.Why the fuck critize a Novice bodybuilder in a country that is still developing. Also these young men are natural and not like a Novice contest in the U.S.A. full of anabolic steroid’s. More power to these young men!!! johnny

That’s obviously an amateur competition.

[quote]csulli wrote:
I wonder how long bodybuilding has been a thing over there.[/quote]
Chit Tun, originally from Burma/later lived in India, wrote a few books on physical culture/bodybuilding in the 1920 and '30s.

Bishnu Ghosh is another physical culturist from the '30s. I think he was one of the first advocates of incorporating weight training, muscle control (basically flexing), and yoga practice into a fitness program.

Monotosh Roy won the 1951 Mr. Universe short class. Reg Park won the tall class and the overall.