Why Bodybuilding.com Sucks

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I imagine a world without these people:[/quote]

How boring would that world be?

Yeah so he needs some guidance, but alot of people do. I was 21 and taking Vassive NO, and other “magazine gimmicks” and thought I was making some “huge gains”. I look back on that period of my life now and laugh at myself. Just give him time, if he sticks with it, he’ll come around.

At least he made some progress, right?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
polo77j wrote:
I imagine a world without these people:

How boring would that world be?[/quote]

Yeah, pimps rule!

He should probably take off his lead boots before he weighs himself. How does a fat kid that weighs 165 turn into a skinny kid that weighs 185?

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
T-Men don’t offload their personal responsibilities on imaginary deities.

[/quote]

This “T-Men” crap has gone too far, especially when you are trying to speak on our behalf about something that is extremely important to other people. I think a “T-Man” could show respect to someone else about their beliefs even if he thought it was silly.

BB.com is HUGE and therefore has everything T-Nation has as far as a population but magnified multiple times(and we don’t have IFBB pros here do we?). If someone was so inclined to find the percentage of clueless trainees on that site and compare it to scale with this site I don’t think their would be much difference at all.

Well, he’s doing something right because he is where he is. Congrats misc kid!

he does look a little tone (no homo)

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
He should probably take off his lead boots before he weighs himself. How does a fat kid that weighs 165 turn into a skinny kid that weighs 185?[/quote]

Diet + training + growth spurt.

The kid’s 15. Adding height adds weight too.

– ElbowStrike

I mean, not that bad. He is very young and very stupid obviously, but hey, unless you started out with some good guidance… who here can say they started out on their own with a well planned workout and a solid nutritional plan?
I certainly can’t.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Kruiser wrote:

This “T-Men” crap has gone too far, especially when you are trying to speak on our behalf about something that is extremely important to other people. I think a “T-Man” could show respect to someone else about their beliefs even if he thought it was silly.

BB.com is HUGE and therefore has everything T-Nation has as far as a population but magnified multiple times(and we don’t have IFBB pros here do we?). If someone was so inclined to find the percentage of clueless trainees on that site and compare it to scale with this site I don’t think their would be much difference at all. [/quote]

I started out years ago with Arnold’s Encyclopedia and BB.com as my main resources. I think that the series of articles written by Big Cat provide an excellent foundation. Their on-line store is also full of mostly good stuff at pretty good discounts. However, T-Nation kicks that site’s ass all over the net. Just MHO.

I happen to be quite spiritual but I feel that the concept of organized religion is a complete crock. It is not in the least “silly” however. Sorry to offend but I agree with Nietzche that it was used as a method for the religious leaders to control the gullible masses (and take their tithes).

Further, looking back through history it seems that the institution is responsible for a great deal of death and misery. From the holy crusades to 9/11 the desire to force ones beliefs on the rest of the world is a recipe for endless hate. All religions seem to be inherently imperialistic and that can be easily understood. After all, a religion without followers is just a “nice idea”.

I DO believe that healthy, peaceful spiritualism is wonderful. The social aspects of the church also provide all manner of benefits to people of all kinds. I certainly didn’t mean to imply that T-Men are somehow above it all, but rather that we would generally tend to have a “God helps those that help themselves” attitude.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Kruiser wrote:

BB.com is HUGE and therefore has everything T-Nation has as far as a population but magnified multiple times(and we don’t have IFBB pros here do we?). If someone was so inclined to find the percentage of clueless trainees on that site and compare it to scale with this site I don’t think their would be much difference at all.

I started out years ago with Arnold’s Encyclopedia and BB.com as my main resources. I think that the series of articles written by Big Cat provide an excellent foundation. Their on-line store is also full of mostly good stuff at pretty good discounts. However, T-Nation kicks that site’s ass all over the net. Just MHO.

I happen to be quite spiritual but I feel that the concept of organized religion is a complete crock. It is not in the least “silly” however. Sorry to offend but I agree with Nietzche that it was used as a method for the religious leaders to control the gullible masses (and take their tithes).

Further, looking back through history it seems that the institution is responsible for a great deal of death and misery. From the holy crusades to 9/11 the desire to force ones beliefs on the rest of the world is a recipe for endless hate. All religions seem to be inherently imperialistic and that can be easily understood. After all, a religion without followers is just a “nice idea”.

I DO believe that healthy, peaceful spiritualism is wonderful. The social aspects of the church also provide all manner of benefits to people of all kinds. I certainly didn’t mean to imply that T-Men are somehow above it all, but rather that we would generally tend to have a “God helps those that help themselves” attitude.

[/quote]

I agree with much of this post. It’s not regimented, organized religion that is the problem per se. It’s the power-hungry assholes of all religious stripes that have USED religion to rise to positions of prominence and control the dumb masses. Also have used religion as an excuse to engage in ‘holy’ wars and.or further their politcal and ideological agenda.

Anyhow, this has nothing to do with training or with bodybuilding.com. As long as someone takes personal responsibility for their training and nutrition and works hard, there’s nothing wrong with them believing that a higher power guides this aspect of their life as well as others.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Perhaps some of you who choose to not believe in any higher being should realize that smarter and more accomplished men than yourselves have believed.
[/quote]

And in a circular paradox, men greater than them did not.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
And if there is a God, I suspect it has better things to do than help me hit a PR in the bench press.[/quote]

Well, if God is both omnipotent and omnipresent, I doubt it would be too much sweat off his back.

Besides, I think his omnibenevolence would incline him to throw us a bone every once in a while, too.

That being said, I find it funny that someone posted an article about someone who actually made progress as a reason for bb.com sucking.

He looks better than most of the Rate My Physique-ers. And - gasp - he actually lifts, so I’m sure he looks better than at least a handful of his critics in this thread.

[quote]Wayland wrote:
I wish god would help me with my lifts[/quote]

He has. He created the forklift.

"It’s always good to hear from people who have been working out a lot longer than I have and to hear what has worked for them. "

Here is another quote form this ass. Wait he sounds like he might be a open minded person.

All anyone’s gotta do to be reminded of T-Nation’s state is check out “rate my physique” once a month, then they won’t be so uppity. Though I do agree that crap gets called out a lot faster, intelligently and vehemently here.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:

[/quote]

My issue wasn’t with your religious views, myself I don’t belong to any organized religion(was raised in one-just guess) but the T-men thing just irritates me to no end. It almost sounds sort of like… religion haha.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
A lot of homosexuals, racists and mentally challenged on their forums. I doubt God is helping them.[/quote]

And you came from where???

You guys here at T-Nation are haters.
Just kidding.

I post a decent amount on bodybuilding.com.
It’s pretty good except some of the people GIVING advice. Yea, that’s where it’s stupid.

1. Bad advice.
    Most common.
    " how do i get arms to grow?"
    " rows stfu, k thnx bai."

I dislike that person with a passion.
He even went out of his way to make a thread asking how to train arms to mock people.
Saw his stats, 13 inch arms, wonder why.

Another guy makes tons of threads about saying how " Bench should be illegal." Yea, you can assume he looks like shit.

1. People give you attitudes.
    " i can’t seem to grow…"
    " Stop being a pussy/bitch and eat."

Ok, you need to eat but you don’t need to call anyone names.

-2nd post here. Hows everyone doing?

I’ll tell you what does not suck there, the store. No complaints there…
Other than that , most of it is crap , but I do have fond memories as a beginner spending hours on that site. Thankfully , I found this one after about a year.