T Nation

Why Blacks Dominate All Sports

I went to state in swimming all four years in high school. There was 2, maybe 3 black people there a year.

Kimbo Slice lost to ???

I really don’t agree that blacks dominate all sports, while they might dominate some sports. There are examples to the rule and the exception, so I can’t agree with this idea. The only thing I recall from one of my physiology labs was that muscle density and bone density was just slightly higher in blacks than other populations. And when I say slightly, it was so small that is was considered almost negligible.

The title of the thread is the only thing that says ALL sports. The article doesn’t make that claim.

Entine’s book sucks hard.

I didnt read the article, but I can tell you its obvious there are huge differences in abilities between people originating from different areas of the world. But saying black people are better at sports period is not the right way to say it, mainly because it has nothing to do with all people of a certain skin color, instead it is very specific based on where the ancestry of that person originates from.

Some of the weakest least explosive athletes on the face of the earth are of East African descent. Go look at a map of africa. Ethiopa, Somalia, Kenya, even Egypt, are all East African countries. However these are also the absolute best distance runners on the planet.

Then I started thinking when I saw Sudan, hmm, they aren’t that good at distance running I dont think, and there is Luol Deng that basketball player, who isnt terribly explosive, but decent I would say. After a bit of Googling, BAM, there it is, SUDAN emerges as a MIDDLE DISTANCE running hotbed… interesting. Now lets travel to West Africa. Angola, Cameroon and Nigeria have a tremendous amount of very athletic basketball players come to the states every year, and whats more, you can trace the descent of other explosive athletes to west africa. This has all been known for quite awhile, the book Taboo, goes in depth with this and is quite a good read.

The fact that athletes from these regions excel at certain activities is pretty amazing, especially since you know athletes of other race are trying to succeed with training just as good or better than those from these regions, yet are coming up short.

Now you could say well white athletes dominate hockey, and they do, but I would imagine that is largely a socioeconomic difference in that hockey is a prohibitively expensive sport and there is much less interest in the sport compared to basketball or football.

[quote]Wayland wrote:
Socioeconomic factors, Sports cultural prevelance within a given country and so on…[/quote]

X2. One of the factors THROUGHOUT MY EXPERIENCES have been parental influences. For example, I teach me son to be very aggressive, fear no man and if you fail, try harder. On the other end of the spectrum on my son’s football team, there is another child (white) who is passive as hell with a shit load of talent and speed but scared and not confident. Hence he gets hard and is scared to run thus sucking it up on the field. After talking to his parents about his talents, his parents told met that they are really not that concerned with sports and if he does good, he does good; just have fun.

This made me think for a moment. Do I place emphasis on sports or do I place emphasis on him doing his best IN EVERYTHING! Sure, I want my son to be play football professionally; What father doesn’t? But IMO, I believe it boils down to one the factors of how the child or person perceives sports for themself and from their internal family influences.

Genetics, Maybe, but very very slim!

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
Now you could say well white athletes dominate hockey, and they do, but I would imagine that is largely a socioeconomic difference in that hockey is a prohibitively expensive sport and there is much less interest in the sport compared to basketball or football.[/quote]

Actually the best muscle type for hockey, swimming, and strong man is very different than things like running. This sports require a much more balance muscle composition, coincidentally, also predominantly white sports.

I’m sure economic and social pressures play into it, but I think there is a lot more to it than that.

This just sounds like a cop out…I live in the usa, at no point competing in any aport have i thought to myself, well he is black so he should be better. You can get bigger and stronger right? work your ass off and beat them out. That gave me a laugh though “Why blacks are better ar sports” LOL my ass.

[quote]SuperHuman25 wrote:
This just sounds like a cop out…I live in the usa, at no point competing in any aport have i thought to myself, well he is black so he should be better. You can get bigger and stronger right? work your ass off and beat them out. That gave me a laugh though “Why blacks are better ar sports” LOL my ass.[/quote]

You left out faster. j/k’n.

But you did leave it out…lol.

[quote]SuperHuman25 wrote:
This just sounds like a cop out…I live in the usa, at no point competing in any aport have i thought to myself, well he is black so he should be better. You can get bigger and stronger right? work your ass off and beat them out. That gave me a laugh though “Why blacks are better ar sports” LOL my ass.[/quote]

Some of this is getting stupid. The guy is investigating genetics, he isnâ??t a freaking athlete or trainer or anything. It is in no way a cop-out for anything. It is a very interesting and underdeveloped area of genetic research.

Do you think that research linking sickle cell to blacks is discouraging blacks from living life, because they are just going to end up with sickle cell?

The guy never makes any of the claims yall are criticizing him for.

I mean he even discusses that this is more significant in elite levels of sports where minor differences are the difference between 1st and 4th, and where training and work are generally on pretty equal footing.

But I guess you just read the title of the thread and imagined what the guy wrote. Genius.

Guys, please read the article BEFORE commenting on it.

There are countless genetic factors that determine race, there isn’t just one “black gene” and one “white gene” and so forth, and genes are inherited independently, so if you think skin color is the reason for athletic success (or any other attribute) then you are confusing causation with correlation.

In a country like The United States there is no doubt a correlation, but saying that someone is predisposed to being good or bad at sports based on their skin color is just ignorant.

It’s like the people that say “black people are good dancers”, as though there was actually some genetic predisposition for moving to the beat of music that was linked to the color of your skin. Surely it isn’t because they grow up in a culture unified by music, where dancing is embraced and therefore has a dramatic affect on the style of that music.

Have any of you ever seen an actual African guy try to dance to American music? It’s laughable.

Black’s dominate all sports because the big black penis provides extra leverage and stability during running actions. In some sports, like long jump and sprinting, the penis acts as a perpetuator of foreword momentum, leading to better results.

Unfortunately, the same black penis that causes these advantages also causes the blacks to cross the street slower than other races. At slower speeds the penis causes more balance problems than advantages, forcing the blacks to “swagger” down the street, much to the chagrin of well respected and reputed PWI posters.

On a serious note I’m waiting for Gregus to take this thread to the next level.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Guys, please read the article BEFORE commenting on it.
[/quote]

No.

[quote]DOHCrazy2 wrote:
I wish I had black genetics.

Yea, I said it.[/quote]

No, you don’t. Just stay white, free, and happy.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
SuperHuman25 wrote:
This just sounds like a cop out…I live in the usa, at no point competing in any aport have i thought to myself, well he is black so he should be better. You can get bigger and stronger right? work your ass off and beat them out. That gave me a laugh though “Why blacks are better ar sports” LOL my ass.

You left out faster. j/k’n.

But you did leave it out…lol. [/quote]

I bet I’m faster than Big Boss… :wink: (there is one overriding reason though, and it’s nowt to do with genes lol)

[quote]mombasa333 wrote:
Kimbo Slice lost to ???[/quote]

A MUCH more experienced MMA fighter…what’s you point?

[quote]SWR wrote:
mombasa333 wrote:
Kimbo Slice lost to ???

A MUCH more experienced MMA fighter…what’s you point?[/quote]

Notice he didn’t use A.Silva as an example. Oh,I forgot…he’s not black,he’s Brazilian. Silly me.

I hate to be the one to say it, but at least in America, they were bred to be the biggest, strongest, and to have the greatest endurance 200 years ago.

I’ll put it this way.

I’m trying to decide which guy I want on my football team. The only information I have received is that one is black, one is white and they are both muscular and athletic.

I would pick the black guy.

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
I didnt read the article, but I can tell you its obvious there are huge differences in abilities between people originating from different areas of the world. But saying black people are better at sports period is not the right way to say it, mainly because it has nothing to do with all people of a certain skin color, instead it is very specific based on where the ancestry of that person originates from.

Some of the weakest least explosive athletes on the face of the earth are of East African descent. Go look at a map of africa. Ethiopa, Somalia, Kenya, even Egypt, are all East African countries. However these are also the absolute best distance runners on the planet.

Then I started thinking when I saw Sudan, hmm, they aren’t that good at distance running I dont think, and there is Luol Deng that basketball player, who isnt terribly explosive, but decent I would say. After a bit of Googling, BAM, there it is, SUDAN emerges as a MIDDLE DISTANCE running hotbed… interesting. Now lets travel to West Africa. Angola, Cameroon and Nigeria have a tremendous amount of very athletic basketball players come to the states every year, and whats more, you can trace the descent of other explosive athletes to west africa. This has all been known for quite awhile, the book Taboo, goes in depth with this and is quite a good read.

The fact that athletes from these regions excel at certain activities is pretty amazing, especially since you know athletes of other race are trying to succeed with training just as good or better than those from these regions, yet are coming up short.

Now you could say well white athletes dominate hockey, and they do, but I would imagine that is largely a socioeconomic difference in that hockey is a prohibitively expensive sport and there is much less interest in the sport compared to basketball or football.[/quote]

And maybe because you do not see many ice rinks in Africa or South America?