Why Avoid Pasta/Carbs?

Are there a lot of bodybuilders who use pasta as a staple food?

Bulking doesn’t give you a license to eat whatever you want all the time.

Pasta is pretty vague. But you don’t want to have large doses of fat and carbs in the same meal. Think of the most fattening foods: donuts, pizza, ice cream, etc. These are all bombs of fat and carbs. Sweet Potatoes or Brown Rice is all carb but not fattening. Avacado or Natural Peanut Butter is almost all fat but not fattening. Big Carb + Big Fat = a Fat you because the insulin from the carbs in that meal tells your body to store the fat you just ate.

Pasta and pastries are often gonna have a good deal of fat in it as they can often be cooked with butter and/or whole eggs. But if you’re carbing up, you find a pasta that’s almost all carbs, you put on a tomato sauce with very little fat, then you shred some fat free cheese on there then you don’t have a problem.

But buttered scallops atop an alfredo pasta is obviously not a good choice. It might be a fine cheat meal but everything is a fine cheat meal.

I enjoy eating pasta while bulking, but prefer sweet potatoes or rice due to the serving size in pasta vs carb amount. I can eat much more rice than pasta and achieve the same carb amount, same with sweet potatoes.

Personally, I would rather eat 2 cups of rice with maybe some soy sauce and veggies than eat 4 ounces of pasta, both giving about the same amount of carbs.