Why Attacks on Trump Don't Work

You actually believe Trump when he says this?? It’s cute so he can’t turn down the money yet he can still claim he’s self funded?? Cmon, try and be at least look at things a little objectively.

Trump loaned his campaign money, which he will get back now that he is funded from elsewhere. In the end he will either lose/spend ANY of his own money, and will most likely make profits from it. Self-funded is a lie.

Now his campaign finance manager is Steven Mnuchin, chairman and chief executive of Dune Capital Management, a private investment firm aka hedge fund. He is directly tied to wall street, establishment, and the elites he loves to rant against.

[quote=“Drew1411, post:606, topic:217419, full:true”]

You actually believe Trump when he says this?? [/quote]

Yes

It’s cute so he can’t turn down the money yet he can still claim he’s self funded?? Cmon, try and be at least look at things a little objectively.[/quote]

What do you expect him to do with the small bits of money that come in?

Trump loaned his campaign money, which he will get back now that he is funded from elsewhere. In the end he will either lose/spend ANY of his own money, and will most likely make profits from it. [/quote]

That’s the thing about free market guys, they are careful with their money and make smart business decisions. If he can get the money back and even make money on what he put in, that’s a positive in his favour.

Self-funded is a lie.[/quote]

Again what is the correct decision to do with these paltry donations that people keep sending in?

Donald Trump has always talked about bringing in the country’s best negotiators and business men to cut deals and make smart decisions. I’m not sure the negative here.

Getting into hyperbole here.

According to here, http://www.drep.com/firm their real estate arm has only raised 2.5b since 2005. That’s a big fat LOL as it relates to your last sentence.

2.5 billion makes them a small or at best on the small side fo medium firm. Their building is on Park Ave, they probably aren’t top three on their block at 2.5b. Assuming his firm means “has direct ties to Wall St.” is akin to saying: “That side arm reliever in Cleveland’s Farm System has direct ties to their playoff losses”.

Even if it is true, why the fuck does it matter?

A guy who handily beats politicians with 30+ years experience clearly has an eye for talent.

It doesn’t. But the fact it isn’t likely true is all the more damning.

Or, there’s a large number of suckers born every moment.

Is this supposed to be an argument?

Weren’t you claiming he’s self-funded?

Use it, good for him. Good for the people supporting him. He is not self-funded.

If your candidate has taken every side of an issue, lies about things though his previous statements are on record, is a conspiracy kook-nut job torture perv…

I didn’t look at the firm. He’s a hedge fund manager. You pointing out that its not the biggest firm doesn’t change that fact. I don’t really care, as I never viewed Trump as an outsider. He plays the political game, has donated and worked with politicians all his life, but people still buy his lie that he’s a self-funded outsider.

If you offer up that “Trump is being himself,” and then have to turn around and tell us that “he’s just saying what he needs to say to win…”

If he’s your self-funded anti-establishment candidate while actually he isn’t, and is about as crony elbow-rubbing as it gets…

This is something we haven’t discussed. I have a question for you: If a terrorist commits an act of terror and his family knew about it, should the family of the terrorists be held accountable for not reporting it ?

So yeah, it’s because there’s a lot of suckers out there.

Are you making an argument that the US of A should start targeting non-combatants, with Trump ordering our servicemen to carry out his war crimes? You really have to go down this road in order to defend the man? Is this a new power you want your government to getting familiar with?

1 Like

Many, many companies, states and pension funds put large amounts of money into hedge funds. Right or wrong this is how it is.

I know it’s real easy to bash the people that run these funds, but without them and their ilk…all those lovely pensions don’t direct deposit on the first of the month.

I’m sure there are good and bad ones, just like any business.

1 Like

No I’m asking you:

If you don’t think they should be held accountable I can’t ask my next followup question.

Oh I agree. Especially with your last sentence. I’m not bashing hedge funds or the role they play.

My point is that for someone who claims to be outside of the circle and bash everyone in the circle… Trump certainly has lived, worked, and participated with that world for a long time. There is nothing wrong with that, but claiming that he hasn’t done it is a lie… that some people still believe.

I’m not disagreeing with your overall assessment of Trump.

I’m just saying being a hedge fund sponsor (which is only part of what the firm does,) doesn’t instantly tie one to Wall St, or make them part of the “evil 1% cabal we must all Bern at the stake.” In fact it can (and does from time to time) make you the enemy of Wall St. As your aim is to beat the shit out of a mutual fund and take some of their share of the gluttonous pension slush funds out there.

Are all Black people good at basketball? No. That’s a silly assumption right?

Well stop assuming being a “hedge fund manager” makes someone a lackey for the “evil 1%.”

Fair enough. I didn’t read past hedge fund manager, and I’m not claiming the 1% is evil. As Lama said, there are some good and some bad.

The whole concept of who is “wall st.” or “establishment” or “insiders” is nonsense, but its a great talking point that gets people fired up. All candidates have to play the game, Trump is no different. My only problem is with people blindly believing he’s self-funded and a complete outsider.

Edit: added quote

1 Like

Side point:

This has only become a major discussion point - torture, taking out of terrorist families because of US imperialism and the letting in of Muslims into western countries.

We wouldn’t be having this discussion if those two things weren’t taking place. How many bases across the world does the US have? Looking up the answer is 662.