Why Attacks on Trump Don't Work

The issue is Hillary’s and Trumps attacks on the women. Try to follow along.

My feeling is that there will be a LOT of voters who will have made a Faustian deal when they push that button, pull that lever of tap that touch screen come November.

1 Like

That’s the sad reality we see playing out right here on PWI.

“Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt. He therefore is the truest friend to the liberty of his country who tries most to promote its virtue, and who … will not suffer a man to be chosen into any office of power and trust who is not a wise and virtuous man.” - Samuel Adams

1 Like

Huh?

I don’t hold it against Hillary either for having very different stances in the early 90’s. It’s silly to do so IMO

He’s giving Sloth a hard time because he said Trump supporters are low in analytical abilities or something along those lines.

Santorum is just another sellout like most Conservatives/Republicans at this point.

1 Like

Hillary’s stances haven’t drastically changed since the 90s, though (at least that I’m thinking of). She’s moved further left for sure, but she’s always been a looney progressive. She was pushing Hillarycare in the 90s (might not of been called that) for example.

Trump on the other hand went from loving single payer and being in favor of abortion to the total opposite. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he’s no longer in favor of abortion assuming he actually believes that, but it’s still odd for someone that late in their life to change their beliefs, in numerous areas, so drastically.

To use an analogy, Hillary went from being a 2 week old overly ripe spoty banana to a 6 month old festering ebola carrying heaping pile of garbage that still vaguely looks like a banana. Trump went from being a Steak to being mushy fruit salad ie two entirely different things.

Hillary’s stances have changed greatly

On Trump’s change in abortion he said was struck by a personal experience of a woman who was having an abortion that failed. The kid was born and today in his words is a “superstar”

On another note: In general these super alpha types who go through truck loads of women tend to support abortion during this phase of their lives because it helps facilitate their lifestyles.

I would guess he has a triple digit women count based on what I read about him.

Ya, these are true, but:

Iraq War: A lot of people have flopped on this. Trump included.

Gay Marriage: Same deal, a lot of people’s attitudes have shifted here over time.

Healthcare: I’m pretty sure she still supports universal healthcare. I’ve heard her say she’s not in support of bogging down the next 4-8 years in another healthcare debate at this time, but I would be shocked if she sad she wasn’t for universal healthcare. Can you quote her on this?

TPP: Big time flop

Bankruptcy Bills: Would have to read what she said on these.

None of these are close to some of Trumps 180s. I don’t care that his stance’s have changed, great if they have, it’s just hard to believe.

Ya, I remember seeing the interview. I’m glad if his stance has truly changed (sincerely).

Okay… I guess plowing through women and now being “so Christian” is another areas he’s changed rather drastically, lol.

I think it less of an issue with Trump for the simple fact he was a private citizen.

You should probably speak for Zeb. Him speaking for himself is a dumpster fire.

Here’s the problem with your comparison - all the Trump enablers agreed Trump was not a good choice for the nomination. But they sat back and wouldn’t offer any efforts to strangle the Trump phenomenon in its crib. His heinous statements and idiocy were met with indifference, and now Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich are sitting on the bench, and the terrible candidate is in fact the candidate. Enabling.

By contrast, in my mind, between Trump and Hillary, as I have said a zillion times, one isn’t better than another. If I say tons of bad stuff about Trump and somehow convince a voter not to vote for Trump, that’s fine - I don’t care, it means less of a chance Trump becomes president. If the same happens with Hillary - the most corrupt candidate in the past 20 years easily who also has no natural talent for to job - and a voter doesn’t vote for Hillary, I don’t care about that either, it means there’s less of a chance of Hillary becoming president.

They’re fungible in my mind.

As I have said before, this isn’t about having an imperfect candidate that I refuse to vote for, therefore I am enabling Hillary her victory - the “you’re making the perfect the enemy of the good argument” made to conservatives who refused to vote for Romney and thus enabled Obama to win in 2012.

That criticism and theory starts with a presumption that the imperfect candidate is at least a better alternative to the other candidate, and you shouldn’t not vote for the imperfect candidate as a result. Let me be absolutely clear, again, on that point - I have no such presumption or belief, as I don’t think the imperfect candidate here (Trump) is actually a better alternative to Hillary.

Trump is not the lesser evil here. You may think so, Zeb may think so, others may think so - I do not.

I think that’s fair to a degree. My only problem is that a) he goes on and on about how he was against the Iraq war in the beginning (which we know isn’t true based on the Stern interview), which is dishonest, imo and more importantly b) History is one of the few and probably best ways we can gauge what a politician will actually do once elected. Otherwise we are just hoping Trump has changed and will do what he says he will do even though it is contrary to what he has done over the course of his life. That’s a pretty big gamble.

@therajraj Isn’t it just as likely Trump is just saying what Republicans want to hear in order to be elected? Playing the crowd so to speak.

Like the SCOTUS list for example.

You never really know until they get elected.

But for me the fact that he is self-funding is YUGE.

This is how I feel as well and as I have said before I believe a Trump presidency ends after 1 term, leads to a liberal more like Bernie than Hillary crushing Trumps re-election bid, and at least one if not both houses of Congress lost to the Dems. Four years of Trump tweeting leads to 8+ years of Democratic control of two and possibly all three branches of government.

2 Likes

His celebrity certainly helps him, no doubt about it.

I thought he was going to take donations for the general?