WHY Are You In This Forum?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:
If you actually lift weights to see above average progress, I am not speaking to you.

I just want to know why guys who seem to think everyone really big has a small dick and mother issues come here.

What brings you back to post in forums that clearly involve those who push the limits only to claim that you do NOT have this goal?

What do you get out of it?

Do those who do this actually have the balls to discuss it openly or is troll status the most we can expect?

This thread is kind of like the Obama White House idea to track Americans. Get responses and track people down. But the Constitution prevents Obama from crushing Americans right to free speech and you, dear Prof, don’t have the ‘right’ to shut someone up on these boards.

I thought you became sheriff of the Alpha Cell, so you could have your own protected little world. Why do you bitch and moan out here in Freedom Land?
[/quote]

HH You’re always poppin’ up everywhere out of no where like that fuckin’ squirrel. Is that you HH?

[quote]AHA wrote:
I think it would help if there was a forum for Crossfit type training. It could be called General Fitness or something like that. As it stands now, I often find that all of the 3 main ones (Strength, BB, Combat) are a bad fit for some of the threads I want to post. And Off Topic is a last resort that you want to avoid.

Just my 0.02 euros… :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I think they are avoiding that because it would clearly cause the focus of the site to change and Tim seems to be on a path of making this more “bodybuilding” oriented. Also, I truly find it hard to believe that you have such unique topics to discuss that do not fit into strength sports pr bodybuilding. That makes me question what it is you are even trying to achieve.

[quote]IronDude17 wrote:
I think this thread has potential in the perfect world where trolls will come out with a mature response and there can be an actually intelligent dialogue. Seems like an interesting psychology thing.

BUT, that is obviously extremely doubtful since the point of trolling is to act immature and disregard an actual discussion. They obviously have little interest in being here and entertaining themselves keeps them around. I think the sound of coming to a board with people whom they don’t associate and having a real discussion is pointless since they could be on ANY board acting mature since bodybuilding holds no special place to them.

Point is: No reason to get aggravated with them. The easiest way to deal with trolls is giving your index finger a tiny nudge and scrolling past. Life is too short to give attention to those who don’t deserve it.
[/quote]

Agreed. I just guess this was my last attempt to see if any of them actually had a solid point as to why they keep responding in threads they clearly care nothing about. From the looks of it, they have no reason for it…which means it must come from some sort of insecurity or attempt at just gaining attention. You won’t find too many of us going into Combat Sports to claim we hate fighting. To do so would make no sense…yet they do it here daily as if anyone cares that they don’t like big muscles.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:
If you actually lift weights to see above average progress, I am not speaking to you.

I just want to know why guys who seem to think everyone really big has a small dick and mother issues come here.

What brings you back to post in forums that clearly involve those who push the limits only to claim that you do NOT have this goal?

Do those who do this actually have the balls to discuss it openly or is troll status the most we can expect?

This thread is kind of like the Obama White House idea to track Americans. Get responses and track people down. But the Constitution prevents Obama from crushing Americans right to free speech and you, dear Prof, don’t have the ‘right’ to shut someone up on these boards.

I thought you became sheriff of the Alpha Cell, so you could have your own protected little world. Why do you bitch and moan out here in Freedom Land?
[/quote]

SWAB THE POOP DECK SEMEN!

/end hijack

Because you obviously have no intention on conducting serious discussion…

[quote]AHA wrote:
I think it would help if there was a forum for Crossfit type training. It could be called General Fitness or something like that. As it stands now, I often find that all of the 3 main ones (Strength, BB, Combat) are a bad fit for some of the threads I want to post. And Off Topic is a last resort that you want to avoid.

[/quote]

Why don’t you post them on a different website?

If there isn’t a forum for it, and it’s so different then strength sports/BB/combat then it doesn’t belong here. Is it so hard to believe that T-Nation doesn’t cater to everyone?

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
AHA wrote:

If there isn’t a forum for it, and it’s so different then strength sports/BB/combat then it doesn’t belong here. Is it so hard to believe that T-Nation doesn’t cater to everyone?[/quote]

/End thread

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Do those who do this actually have the balls to discuss it openly or is troll status the most we can expect? [/quote]

I know you have good intentions, but you are feeding the trolls. Some troll is jacking off to this thread right now.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
hey fuck you prof x what do you know?

…actually I just wanted to say that I hope the big guys stay and keep giving out valuable advice. It seems like the majority of the small guys think they know everything. However, there are a few lanky dudes like me who are working hard, making progress, and keeping an open mind. [/quote]

I agree with this. I’m someone who has made a TON of mistakes concerning not eating enough, not tracking progress, reading/analyzing too much, more talk than walk, etc. etc. I know it must get frustrating for the big guys to deal with some of the shit on here but the advice is VERY much appreciated.

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
browndisaster wrote:
hey fuck you prof x what do you know?

…actually I just wanted to say that I hope the big guys stay and keep giving out valuable advice. It seems like the majority of the small guys think they know everything. However, there are a few lanky dudes like me who are working hard, making progress, and keeping an open mind.

I agree with this. I’m someone who has made a TON of mistakes concerning not eating enough, not tracking progress, reading/analyzing too much, more talk than walk, etc. etc. I know it must get frustrating for the big guys to deal with some of the shit on here but the advice is VERY much appreciated.
[/quote]

x2

Me, personally, am working my ass off everyday to get where I want. I’m nowhere close, but I know, that with the advice given by the “big guys” around here, I’ll get there one day. I just appreciate the real lifters continuing to give their advice.

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
Professor X,
I’ve had several debates with you about juice, my experience being many of those who use are really not very knowledgeable about training, and that their progress is a testament to the effectiveness of whatever drugs they are taking at the moment, not their knowledge.

That being said, those who use and make good progress even taking into consideration the huge advantage they have given themselves are a different story all together, and I feel differently about these folks, few as they may be.[/quote]

you still post here?

I want to be big and strong and I like to eat. Can I stay?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

Way to miss the point completely. He’s inquiring as to why people like you come here for no other reason then to bash people with the goal of looking like a bodybuilder. It’s clear from your post history that not only do you not share this goal u also have little to no respect for anyone who does. According to you if u don’t lift weights with the intention of becoming a “warrior” as you put it, then you shouldn’t even bother lifting weights at all.

Outside of the BB forum your posts are normally devoid of stupidity and ignorance. But the second u come and post in the BB forum it’s like u feel the need to remind everyone that a professional fighter can beat the shit out of a professional bodybuilder. Like anyone with the goal of looking like a bodybuilder even gives a shit anyway.

AHA wrote:

If there isn’t a forum for it, and it’s so different then strength sports/BB/combat then it doesn’t belong here. Is it so hard to believe that T-Nation doesn’t cater to everyone?[/quote]

Agreed 100%. What part of “Unapologetic Muscle-Building Elitists” don’t you understand? This is not a “General Fitness” site. If you’re looking for general fitness advice, hit up a Men’s Health magazine, or BB.com. If the topic isn’t here already, it doesn’t belong here to begin with. Wait a second, did you say Crossfit?! GTFO!

AHA wrote:

good post

T-Nation isn’t even much of a body building website - to the point where I spend more time on other sites now cause they actually follow the sport and have interviews with other pro’s/up and coming stars. I read the BOI threads, some of the threads X posts mainly body builders I havent heard of but the fact that the website doesn’t even follow the sport is quite questionable.

IMO Biotest had a chance to capatilize using stan mcquay and the figure chick(I can’t remember her name) with project superhuman(might be getting the name wrong) cause their supplements do work and people will remain loyal to brands that work but it seems as if Biotest would rather piss in the wind…

AHA wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree with you here. Biotest’s supplements and T-Nation’s “we accept everyone’s goals” aproach means that there will be thousands of people flocking here for a quick fix. Trying to defend a bodybuilding only turf is futile as has been proved day after day here in this forum. A new forum or two that would be attractive to this crowd would help out Biotest and make our lives easier.

I think the identity problem comes when some small-160lbs<-and-still-cutting/trimming fuckers wanna label themselves as bodybuilders, get their posts above 100 and want to start giving advice to probably bigger (and maybe, even maybe smarter) people like crazy, and discredit the bigger guys 'coz you’ll get fat following their advice, or whatever shit they figure out. They have their goals, but we are watching a growing population of this morons who keep bitching of everyone else. Honestly they should be somewhere else.

I don’t think a 160 guy with a long term goal of just “recomping” (don’t misinterpret, I’m currently doing it), needs a periworkout protocol and every Biotest product to get that mediocre job done. I know it’s easier to feel good just typing some words, read some articles (come on, every idiot can read and quote a couple of articles) in the web than doing the effort/research for yourself, it’s easier telling other guys “eat # calories, do this routine”, or give advice instead of following it from other more experienced; what fuck matters if it’s not my body? if he fucks up I have the resource of saying “you didn’t get me 100%, it’s your fault”. That’s why this guys who obviously don’t have the knowledge nor the experience can be dangerous.

I had a discussion with X over a year ago I think. I was buying into the shit of “10 to 12% bodyfat for maximum muscular anabolism, the word bulking is doomed, etc…”. When he told me “that’s just bullshit”, I wondered “well, I wanna be big, he’s big, he must be saying it for a reason”. I had been lifting over 3 years and I didn’t understand… when I see guys who have been in the game for a year, two, or even months, and quoting everything, and not listening and just playing scientists it really pisses me off. They can fuck off, but there are newbs with good motivation and intentions, or even genetics, those are the ones who don’t deserve that kind of shit.

Edit: I forgot to mention “relative strength”.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:

HH You’re always poppin’ up everywhere out of no where like that fuckin’ squirrel. Is that you HH?[/quote]

What you guys have to get is that Prof X has been ‘lamenting’ all this since 2002. He LOVES this kind of stuff. Even giving him his own ‘toy’ (the Alpha Cell) where he could kick out people he hates didn’t shut him up.

He’s so ez to fire up that it IS kinda fun. Try it and see.

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Way to miss the point completely. He’s inquiring as to why people like you come here for no other reason then to bash people with the goal of looking like a bodybuilder. It’s clear from your post history that not only do you not share this goal u also have little to no respect for anyone who does. According to you if u don’t lift weights with the intention of becoming a “warrior” as you put it, then you shouldn’t even bother lifting weights at all.

Outside of the BB forum your posts are normally devoid of stupidity and ignorance. But the second u come and post in the BB forum it’s like u feel the need to remind everyone that a professional fighter can beat the shit out of a professional bodybuilder. Like anyone with the goal of looking like a bodybuilder even gives a shit anyway.
[/quote]

This is an intelligent post and deserves a similar response.

Prof X and I go back a long way ('02). He absolutely loves to impugn people by default. “You hired a white guy so you must be a racist at heart.” or “You said Tiki Barber is articulate so this means that you think a well-spoken black man is a rarity.” He’s been called on this many times in the PWI forum by numerous members so he doesn’t post there any longer.

And don’t get me started on his thread ‘The Wind’. Jesus…

So I like to piss him off. Yeah, I should probably stop. It is fun though.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Shadowzz4 wrote:
Professor X,
I’ve had several debates with you about juice, my experience being many of those who use are really not very knowledgeable about training, and that their progress is a testament to the effectiveness of whatever drugs they are taking at the moment, not their knowledge.

That being said, those who use and make good progress even taking into consideration the huge advantage they have given themselves are a different story all together, and I feel differently about these folks, few as they may be.

you still post here?[/quote]

Yup, havent been as much the last year or so, but still around… why do you ask?