Why Are So Many Users Bald/Balding?

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:

[quote]Nosmarter wrote:

If you are really concerned about hair, nandrolone is the way to go. Use an HRT dose of test or a little higher and throw in the deca. You’re libido will probably tank, but if you want to get jacked, and keep all your hair, its your safest option.

The difficult part is finding quality nandrolone.[/quote]
Wouldn’t the HRT dose of Test cause hair loss as well?[/quote]

Certainly not, especially when combined with legitimate nandrolone. DHN will protect your hair.

And anavar is no wonder drug when it comes to hair, i’ve known people using legit labtested oxandrolone that lost significant amounts of hair using nothing else. For anyone that wants to do gear but has a sensitive scalp, nandrolone is your only safe option IMO. And ideally you would just use nandrolone alone, plus a small enough dose of test to mimic what you have naturally, or a little more.

Its not ideal from a recovery standpoint, since nandrolone is so supressive. Then again, if you used the phenylpropriate ester, that would make recovery easier.

I would say that for most people, a few cycles of 400mg nandrolone, 100mg test, should be enough to give them satisfactory results from a bodybuilding standpoint. Granted you aren’t going to be stepping on stage, but how many people really want to do that? Most people are more than happy with 40 lbs of extra muscle mass. Nandrolone is a great anabolic.

You will however most likely lose the ability to get it up, or at least your libido will take a significant hit. You can’t have it all though if you care about hair![/quote]

Good information, thanks. I obviously still have serious research to do planning this cycle. I’ll post what it looks like in a new thread when I think it’s good to go.

And anavar is no wonder drug when it comes to hair, ![/quote]

Agreed

[quote]Nosmarter wrote:

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

In an individual with normal testosterone levels or only slightly increased testosterone levels, the 5a-reductase enzyme in the scalp yields greater effect at the androgen receptor at the scalp because total levels of hormone (testosterone plus DHT) are the same, but the percentage that is the more-active-for-any-given-concentration DHT form is higher. And because there is still room for further activity by the AR: it’s not saturated yet or very close to it.

However in an individual with testosterone levels that are far above normal, then while it’s true that the 5-AR enzyme will still have this effect, the importance will be a lot less because levels are so high that the receptors may be nearly saturated in either case.[/quote]

Thanks for that, Bill. Am I to understand that taking 5-AR inhibitors on a Test cycle is not necessarily going to help much? [/quote]

Whether it helps very substantially, or not much, is dependent on the dosage of total androgens. If a cycle is at say a gram per week of testosterone or testosterone stacked with various other anabolic steroids, then there doesn’t seem to be much help from a 5-AR inhibitor.

But if using for example only 500 mg/week of testosterone and nothing else then there is a substantial difference.

If anything my hair seems to grow dramatically faster on cycle.

Not just body hair which is to be expected, but the actual hair, Ive noticed that even off cycle the hair on my head already grows absurdly fast compared to most, and on cycle seems to grow a marked percentage faster.

I need more hair cuts per month quite noticeably. Since I know few mechanisms by which this makes sense, Im lead to believe that simply the dramatically higher caloric intake and usage, I probably run 1000 cals over normal or more on cycle.

In my mind it makes sense that this is accelerating my metabolism and speeding up otherwise overlooked functions.

There are almost no bald men in my family on either side, especially the mother’s where it counts, so I think little of running high dosages of high androgenic drugs on the regular and reaping the benefits.

[quote]Nosmarter wrote:

In an individual with normal testosterone levels or only slightly increased testosterone levels, the 5a-reductase enzyme in the scalp yields greater effect at the androgen receptor at the scalp because total levels of hormone (testosterone plus DHT) are the same, but the percentage that is the more-active-for-any-given-concentration DHT form is higher. And because there is still room for further activity by the AR: it’s not saturated yet or very close to it.

However in an individual with testosterone levels that are far above normal, then while it’s true that the 5-AR enzyme will still have this effect, the importance will be a lot less because levels are so high that the receptors may be nearly saturated in either case.[/quote]

Thanks for that, Bill. Am I to understand that taking 5-AR inhibitors on a Test cycle is not necessarily going to help much? [/quote]

Whether it helps very substantially, or not much, is dependent on the dosage of total androgens. If a cycle is at say a gram per week of testosterone or testosterone stacked with various other anabolic steroids, then there doesn’t seem to be much help from a 5-AR inhibitor.

But if using for example only 500 mg/week of testosterone and nothing else then there is a substantial difference.[/quote]
Thanks again for the clarification, Bill. And forgive me in advance for taking advantage of your expertise - but I was wondering if you knew of people who had the long-term and even permanant side effects from the 5-AR inhibitors such as Proscar and Finasteride.

AS it turns out, my plan would be to take 500/mg a week Test prop only. My first cycle was 360/mg of SuperTest a week with 200 mg of Deca. It was a great first cycle but I did feel as though my hair wa “thinner” when I’d run my hands through it even if I could see no change. After PCT and the required waiting period, I did a cycle of 450 mg SuperTest a week and 400 mg Deca. At that point, I had some shedding and I did notice my hairline receded a bit.

So right now I’m thinking one of these options:

1. Higher dose of Deca + small dose of Test
  2. 500 mg Test only + 5-Ar Inhibitor
  3. Give up on AAS

The only thing that makes me hesitate on 2) is the reported nasty sides of the 5-ar inhibitors as well as the questions about the effectiveness of those 5-ar inhibitors.

Thanks in advance

I don’t know anything about permanent side effects except the impression that can be obtained from seeing some people report such problems on the Internet. Unfortunately I don’t know to what extent actual clinical results from many thousands of users – actually I would think there are at least hundreds of thousands of users or perhaps even roughly a million – might support that or not.

You do get weird reports such as people claiming that Artificial Sweetener X gave them a brain tumor or what have you, and also gave it to their brother-in-law and they know of many other people that got brain tumors from it.

Then again you do also get reports that sound weird but actually do stand up.

So I really can’t say on that.

It sounds as if you are definitely placing a very high priority on effect on the hair.

What I would do there, assuming it’s also the case as it seems to be, that you will be happy with some good anabolic effect without being unhappy that it wasn’t the most possible, would be to try low-dose nandrolone. If I were in that situation I would prefer the phenylpropionate by far (being shorter acting) and would try
200 mg/week plus 100 mg/week testosterone propionate or enanthate, and would try a relatively short cycle such as 6 weeks first, to see how well recovery goes and see that I didn’t have depression or libido problems on that dose of nandrolone (probably not, at that dose.) If all I went well I’d make later cycles 8 weeks, unless it so happened that for training, dieting, or other reasons it made sense to go shorter.

200 mg/week nandrolone plus 100 mg/week testosterone is probably no worse on the hair than normal natural production of testosterone is.

Myself I don’t fear the 5-AR inhibitors so if I were highly concerned about the hair, I would use one, probably dutasteride (I have tried that in the past but never became consistent with it) off-cycle. With the above cycle, I don’t think it would add anything.

Bill, that’s great information. Thank you for taking the time. I think I’ll go ahead with the cycle you described.