T Nation

Why Are People So Stupid?

So I go onto yahoo answers and like half the questions are "How do I get toned abs". Half the answers are do crunches. The other half are supplements like alli or stupid crap like that. Why are people so stupid?

How do people not 1 learn how to use a search function, and 2 give out such shitty advise, or 3 be so frigin stupid to not even have common sense to think that you ALWAYS HAVE ABS is a god damn muscle that is essential to everyday body functions. The only reason you can't see them is cause your lazy and sittin on your fat ass all day asking how to get them on yahoo answers.

Sorry /rant.

Because everyone thinks they are right when they give advice out. When I give advice out I usually ask if anyone agrees with me or if I am making sense. I tell my friends all the time ads are made on the treadmill (or some form of cardio) and in the kitchen, yet they come into the gym and work abs 3-4 times a week. Talk about going to have lower back problems.

A lot of people seem to be happy to tell you everything about something they know nothing about.

Damned if I know why.

Because that's the only thing they want to change. IF you heard you vcan get abs with crunches or dieting you'd rather do crunches right? People are generally lazy and suck at eating the right food

Lol i hate when people do that. Like I drink protein shakes and people have told me that im damaging my kidneys and i don't need the extra protein. I just tell them to check there sources before telling me to do anything.

WHATT!!???!!!???

YOU MEAN THAT THOSE 100x100 SETS OF CRUNCHES I'VE BEEN DOING EVERY DAY

EVERY DAYY!!!!!!!!!

ISN'T GOING TO GIVE ME THE HAWT ABZ I DESIRE!!!!

DDDEEEEESSSIIIIIRRREEEEEEEEE!!!???!!!!!!!!HHHHAAWWWTTTTT AAABBBZZZ?????????

NOOOOooOOOOoooOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOO

Yes, some people are stupid. Some people really just want to be told what they want to hear.

Take everything you read with a grain of salt. Stick with reliable sources. Research stuff yourself. Experience stuff yourself. Give out advice as personal opinion, not fact. Listen to other points of view.

Listen, learn, live and lift. And don't give a shit about those poor people doing crunches to get toned abs.

OMG this. You can't ever escape it either. People try and tell me about running a business all the time. Engineers live to do it.

On a related note:

I'd rather see someone do 1,000 crunches and shadow box around the gym actually putting in effort. Than some Fairy that uses dumb science studies to try and disprove what bodybuilders/powerlifters have done for ages with success to make themselves feel better about sucking at life.