Why are People Afraid?

I have no fear of quick painless death. That’s why I have no fear when racing my motorcycle or flying in planes. I do have fear of a debilitating sickness or injury that I know will slowly lead to my demise. Of course I’m saying this now not being faced with any of these situations. Everything could change in the moment.

On the subject of people leaving my life. I’t affects me negatively. Actually not so much when someone dies because I realize there gone and there is nothing more I can do or say. I’m sad for a time but slowly life returns to normal. When friendships or relationships fall apart it troubles me because I wonder how something so good was destroyed and what could have been done diffrently or what could be done now to repair it.

So you were born, and that was a good day, and someday you’ll die and that is a shame. but somewhere in between there’s in which we all dream and nothing and no one will ever take that away.

people need to stop worrying about what happens when they die, and instead worry about making their lives the best they possibly can, because you’ve only got one chance to live so why not make it fucking awesome?

i can’t touch on the subject of having a loved on die since i’ve been lucky enough to never really experience it during my life time, at least with any close family or friends.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Makavali wrote:
I’m terrified. People can be dumb enough to believe in paradise and space genies and yet be smart enough to make a bomb, or aquire and nuclear device and set it off.

So, yes I’m somewhat afraid.

Some of the scariest people in the world are those extremely devoted to their faith or those with nothing to believe.

I’m an atheist, I don’t believe in God and yet if I were to procure a nuclear device I would have no desire to set it off even if I were at such a distance that I were safe from any and all fallout. On the flip side a religious person who thinks they are triggering the End Times or killing infidels has more reason to hit that switch.[/quote]

You’re talking about religious fanatics. At least they believe in something, I give them that.

But atheism can be just as bad. Some don’t have core values to follow and they’ll just do whatever they want with no shame, no fear of consequences, or no understanding of balance.

I don’t fear death.I told someone this once and they thought I was weird. I told them someone could stick a gun to my head and tell me they would kill me and I wouldn’t care, I’d tell them go for so I could see if they had the balls.

[quote]swirly wrote:
I don’t fear death.I told someone this once and they thought I was weird. I told them someone could stick a gun to my head and tell me they would kill me and I wouldn’t care, I’d tell them go for so I could see if they had the balls.[/quote]

Imaginary guns are far less scary than real ones.

[quote]swirly wrote:
I don’t fear death.I told someone this once and they thought I was weird. I told them someone could stick a gun to my head and tell me they would kill me and I wouldn’t care, I’d tell them go for so I could see if they had the balls.[/quote]

Shut the fuck up. Finish the job!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
swirly wrote:
I don’t fear death.I told someone this once and they thought I was weird. I told them someone could stick a gun to my head and tell me they would kill me and I wouldn’t care, I’d tell them go for so I could see if they had the balls.

Shut the fuck up. Finish the job![/quote]

Serially. It’s easy to say you’re not scared of something when you aren’t directly confronting it.

As i see it death is the only certain thing in life, no matter what you do or what u believe, you know its coming. I see no reason to be afraid.

[quote]Turiel wrote:
As i see it death is the only certain thing in life, no matter what you do or what u believe, you know its coming.[/quote]

• taxes.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Turiel wrote:
As i see it death is the only certain thing in life, no matter what you do or what u believe, you know its coming.

• taxes.[/quote]

True. :frowning:

I know its easier to say something that you aren’t confronted with.

One minute you are here, a special, unique being. You are self aware. Your body is the most amazing machine, complex beyond the wildest dreams of the smartest people.

Then you’re dead.

You simply cease to be.

Why would people not be afraid?

More interesting things…

Death is a very taboo subject in most modern societies. When someone is suddenly forced to confront it (death of a relative, medical diagnosis) they have no preparation.

Discovery science has been telling people for years now that were all going to live to 150, modern medicine is comparable with the technology in star trek, new insights into the gene may lead to immortality etc. etc. etc.

So when someone is told that “there is no cure” I think they have a right to be pissed.

Just thoughts. Just because I say so don’t make 'em right.

essentially, if you are an athiest, believe in allah, scientology, or any other bullshit religions then you should be afraid of dieing because trust me my friend you will not be going to paradise. But if you believe in Jesus Christ and try to live a good life that is pleasing to him then you have nothing to worry about.

I have plenty of friends that have no fear in death whatsoever, thats not to say they want to die, but they do not fear it at all. To everyone that is going to flame me, Go open a bible, read it, stop being a prideful asshole and understand theres more to life then your pathetic presence.

People have belief, faith, “The Crazy”, and everything else, but everyone knows the truth. “There’s no coming back from that”.

Before they’re taught to be extra tough, children cry over little things like moving across the country. It’s called missing somebody.

Well, if you are an atheist, believe in allah, scientology, or any other bullshit religion then you absolutly should be afraid of death. The only way to paradise my friends is through having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Without him your soul is DEAD. I have plenty of friends that are not at all afraid of dieing because they know 100% that there going to heaven. ( YOU CAN KNOW ). For all of you out there that are going to flame me, before you do, go open a bible, read and understand that this life isnt about you. Stop being full of pride thinking that you are the center of the universe and you can do whatever you want with no consequence. If you are reading this and getting super angry, go take a good look in the mirrior and understand your days are numbered. Its not hard to have a relationship with God. It will be the best decision you ever make.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
You’re talking about religious fanatics. At least they believe in something, I give them that.

But atheism can be just as bad. Some don’t have core values to follow and they’ll just do whatever they want with no shame, no fear of consequences, or no understanding of balance.[/quote]

There’s more of one than the other, I’m afraid.

[quote]SuperHuman25 wrote:
Well, if you are an atheist, believe in allah, scientology, or any other bullshit religion then you absolutly should be afraid of death. The only way to paradise my friends is through having a relationship with Jesus Christ. [/quote]

Fuck you.

I am only afraid of two things…running out of ammo, and dead hookers.