T Nation

Why Am I So Strong?

This morning i was wayyyy stronger pecs, lats, bicep, tricep, why did that changed overnite?
(i have been training regularly for 7 months)
I see 4 options:

• going to the gym at 10:30 am my testosterone was much higher than at 8:15 am.
  • we had an earthquake last nite way longer and stronger than usually so my adrenaline peaked(it happened 10 hours prior to my WO) even if i was not scared.
  • I had been working only my left(weak) side for a few WO due to a shoulder problem so my neural connection suddently woke up.
  • I got slipt 3 or more strongman pills.
    Thanks for your input.

I am personally always way stronger in the morning or atleast feel much more focused and intense therefore making me stronger. Maybe not exactly what’s going on with you. Honestly no real way to tell.

[quote]BHappy wrote:
This morning i was wayyyy stronger pecs, lats, biceps, triceps, why did that changed overnite?
(i have been training regularly for 7 months)
I see 4 options:

• going to the gym at 10:30 am my testosterone was much higher than at 8:15.
  • we had an earthquake last nite way longer and stronger than usually so my adrenaline peaked(it happened 10 hours prior to my WO) even if i was not scared.
  • I had been working only my left(weak) side for a few WO due to a shoulder problem so my neural connection suddently woke up.
  • I got slipt 3 or more strongman pills.
    Thanks for your input.[/quote]
    These things happen. Don’t search for an answer, just take it. Now all of today’s numbers are your new basis.
    Enjoy.

@ strangemeadow i wish you are right about “Now all of today’s numbers are your new basis.”. I noted down my pre-WO meal who knows if it had anything thing to do.

Lol @ thread title.

define wayyyy stronger. seriously. Did you hit a 50 pound bench press record or something? 5-10 pound PR’s, especially for little guys like you, are normal. 2-4 extra reps on an exercise are normal. Feeling extra strong one day is normal. People have good days and bad days. Sounds like you had a good day.

Well i think after 7 months of regular WO i know we do have daily variations. I really wonder what happened because i would like to be able to replicate it. I could not believe the #s i was writting down like in a dream. I had a GRRRRRRReat day!

dude, be specific then. What PR’s did you hit? What were your previous bests? you’re being vague.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23821208.jpg

[quote]BHappy wrote:
@ strangemeadow i wish you are right about “Now all of today’s numbers are your new basis.”. I noted down my pre-WO meal who knows if it had anything thing to do.[/quote]
This is why you have a log. Food and work out. Exact warm ups, how you feel, what’s going on in your life, ect…

Flipcollar raised a good point. Specific numbers will put “wayyyy stronger pecs, lats, bicep, tricep” into context. Without concrete numbers, there are too many variables to offer a solid guess.

Could’ve been a good night’s sleep and a well-timed cup of coffee or you could have just been due your one great workout:

You’re following the Serge Nubret pump routine, right? How long have you been doing that?

@ Chris Colucci, yes i strated a month ago.
Here is a quote from the link you posted

"Now, in a 100 workouts, I’ll have twenty great workouts. Of that twenty, a couple will be flat out amazing. And in a 1000 workouts, one is worthy of an article, or bragging to your buddies about. So, once a decade, if you’re lucky, you have that workout. "

I do not drink coffee and my pre-WO vegetables soup is not the likely trigger. I just tried doing abs work at home and the magic had left. My next similar WO will confirm but for now my extraordinairy event seems to be the result of adrenaline. I can remember twice getting that adrenaline shot when i felt my life was threatened but i did not feel it today probably because i was sleeping and that happened subconciously.

I did not put any #s because i do not waste my time bragging and they were unbelievable to me so why an online stranger believe them.
Thanks for your input.
All the best!
PS. The funny thing is when i crashed my motorcycle over 100 mph(my real close call) i had zero adrenaline, just a zen moment and zero body dammage. 7 months ago i broke a wrist in a 5 mph bicycle fall.

[quote]BHappy wrote:
… my extraordinairy event seems to be the result of adrenaline. I can remember twice getting that adrenaline shot when i felt my life was threatened but i did not feel it today probably because i was sleeping and that happened subconciously.[/quote]
Yes, the boost of adrenaline let you keep sleeping soundly and then reactivated 10 hours later for beastmode in the gym. This sounds likely. :expressionless:

It puts the workout into context so we can offer better input as to why it might’ve happened. That’s what you were asking for in your first post, correct?

For example, let’s say last session you did front pulldowns 100x12 and this recent amazing session you did 100x17. That’s one thing. But if you suddenly got 150x15, that’s wayyyyyy stronger that I’d also be flipping out about.

Whatever though. You had a great session. Congrats. May we all be so lucky this week.

To be honest i did not look back at my numbers. I know i could have done way better. It was just a ridiculous event. Like i could have deadlift a ton to save a loved one. I could not had done many sets allways adding weight to test myself. 1 exercise is nice or a mistake, but all of them i was home before totally realizing what happened.
I wish you all great/amazing WO!

oh man.

BHappy: just post numbers. 90% of the participants on this site post numbers. That’s what we’re all here for. If you really don’t want to say how much weight you’re lifting, you can just share the DIFFERENCE.

Example: Instead of saying “I usually lift 150x3, today I lifted 200x10!” Just say “I added 50 pounds and 7 reps!” That way, you don’t have to worry about bragging, and we get more information. #compromise

EDIT: You know what, nevermind. Instead post your recipe for pre-workout vegetable soup.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Lol @ thread title.[/quote]

BHappy… nothing against what you did. I just thought it was a silly title. Sort of like “whoa, I woke up and look like Ronny Coleman!”

Love the thread title as well lol. Would make an awesome training log thread title.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Lol @ thread title.[/quote]

x2

Haha it was prob just a good day. If I were you I’d just write it down and try to remember the circumstances. Or just only go for PR’s after earthquakes.

The funny thing is i am not strong so it really felt weird/strange. I was joggling trying to note my numbers, sipping water and cutting down my rest time to avoid constantly adding weight. It might have made a funny movie.

Did you by any chance down one of these with your soup?