Why Am I Always Sore?

I always thought you should be sore for the first week of a new program, but with me im always sore. Like im in week 5 of my program and im sore. Its not like im going overbored or not giving enough recovery time. Does anyone kno why this is?

Are you eating like 5 grams of protein a day? ^^

no lol, 200 grams, 4000 cals, 300 carbs. plenty of sleep

On my rest days or cardio days, I always do at least a half an hour of static/dynamic stretching depending on my level of soreness then a little jump rope or a lot of jump rope depending on the day. I feel like a million bucks afterwards.

Its part of fucking bodybuilding!

[quote]t-man200 wrote:
Its part of fucking bodybuilding!
[/quote]

well obviously, I dont even mind it I just thought there might be something wrong because its not normal

are you talking about DOMS? if you think DOMS isnt normal then whatever program you were on before sucked ass. if you train right expect whatever you trained to be sore the next day and have it continue to be sore for a few days, maybe up til the the day before you train that group again depending on how hard you hit it, longest DOMS is usually legs for me.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
are you talking about DOMS? if you think DOMS isnt normal then whatever program you were on before sucked ass. if you train right expect whatever you trained to be sore the next day and have it continue to be sore for a few days, maybe up til the the day before you train that group again depending on how hard you hit it, longest DOMS is usually legs for me.[/quote]

I agree. I could stay on the same general program for a few months and still be sore after most workouts. Do you take any sort of BCAAs?

Agua? It is probably lactic acid buildup from your training that causes the soreness. I’d recommend a gallon of h20 daily and some cardio now and then.

If not just man up, I know that being sore usually means my body has to repair something and in this case it’s muscle. When muscle is repaired it is usually bigger so…well…you get the idea. lol

Gerdy

Man up I’m always sore I hope it remains that way, means I’m doing something right. Some people get more sore then others, just deal with it. Anyways what helps is lots of stretching through the day so I don’t get really stiff.

Being sore doesnt always mean your improving… I take my continued progress in the weights I use in my logbook to be the judge of whether the training is effective and not by how sore I did or didnt get from training. As Staley would put it… Performance rules!

I acualy like sorness because I know I worked it to the muscle to the fullest, Im not complaining just curious. And yea i take bcaa.

Just don’t get to thinking that getting sore is the only indication you had a good workout.

And geez t-man200, get the stick outta your ass.

Personally, I seldom get sore and don’t think it’s necessary for growth or strength after awhile. I’ve been lifting 30 years and concentrate on powerlifting btw.

If you’re young, small, and relatively weak, it’s going to happen. It did to me, but now at 200 or so at 5’7" it seldom does.

If I’m sore now, I got hurt, hahaha!

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Agua? It is probably lactic acid buildup from your training that causes the soreness. I’d recommend a gallon of h20 daily and some cardio now and then.

If not just man up, I know that being sore usually means my body has to repair something and in this case it’s muscle. When muscle is repaired it is usually bigger so…well…you get the idea. lol

Gerdy[/quote]

Soreness has NOTHING to do with lactic acid. This is an old myth from the 70s that has been shown to be completely false.

My personal experience is that I experience soreness anytime I slack on my protein intake. By slack I mean take in any less than 85% of my bodyweight. Your mileage may vary.

wow i guess ive never taken 85% my bodyweight in protein anytime ive trained then. i wonder how my lifts keep going up?

I also notice if i take some time off i will get the doms when i start back up and this soreness is different than the normal soreness i will get from a workout. The doms almost feels like a stiffening and can be painful… its like i can hardly walk; where normal soreness is just like-- yah i feel a little sore but really does not impair me physically or stiffen me like the doms will (with doms it may actually hurt to workout again until i am warmed up; with regular soreness; it does not hurt at all to work out again).

But to op, if you feel mildly sore in a way that you dont feel physically impaired; i would not worry about it; however, if its like the doms i explained above and your 5 weeks into it; then something is probably wrong with what your doing.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
I acualy like sorness because I know I worked it to the muscle to the fullest, Im not complaining just curious. And yea i take bcaa.[/quote]

Look it at like this… soreness is just a subjective indictator of your training that doesnt exactly give you a good direction whether your training/practice with the weights is improving. Whereas logging your WO’s on the regular will give you an a quantifiable and measureable way to check your progress and make changes as needed.

Highly Recommended - Contrast Showers ASAP after your PWO meal to dramatically lessen your soreness and improve recovery:)