Why A Russian Summit?

Love him or hate him…Trump is DAMN good at what he does…

Making his opposition look petty, weak,“fake” and anti-American…while casting himself as strong and “for-the-people” and America.

I think this latest announcement of a “Summit” with Putin (as if he hasn’t been talking with him all along); is a big “F*ck You!” to Mueller and his investigation; and part of an overall strategy to (along with the GOP…have you seen and heard the theatrics at these latest Senate Hearings? Just wow…)…to sew as much discord and doubt on the validity of the investigation as is humanly possible…

I think it’s working.

What say 'ye?

The USSR and subsequently Putin’s Russia have a long standing list of foreign policy goals that haven’t changed much over the last 70 or so years.

The destruction of the Transatlantic alliance conceived by FDR and Churchill and later formalized as NATO, reversal of European integration and so forth.

But there’s this one guy, who publicly claims not to care much about the world affairs because you know, “America first”, who’s strangely obsessed with being literally 100% aligned with Kremlin’s strategic goals.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-foreign-policy-europe-nato-allies-worried-bd1e143a-e73a-415b-b688-d18ab2d902e7.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/394761-trump-suggested-to-macron-that-france-should-leave-the-eu-report

1 Like

Those who don’t know history…the whole Putin being a strong leader, as evidenced by going shirtless, is simply copying something that another strong leader, Mussolini, did. And people still lap it up like star struck little children.

1 Like

…and views “History” as the last person who slighted or criticized him…

1 Like

Or ate the last donut.

1 Like

Don’t take just my word for it

1 Like

I think I will wait till mueller finishes his investigation before I draw any conclusions

1 Like

That still begs the question, what is a Russian “Summit” for…when Trump barely wishes to talk constructively and reasonably with our Allies?

1 Like

My hunch–and it is only that–is that he (Trump) is looking for the same thing he was looking for in his meeting with Kim–good optics. That is, he wants to leave being able to claim he resolved conflict with Russia just as he resolved the NK nuclear threat (you can sleep easy now, America). Sensing an opportunity, Putin will play along, and will no doubt extract a juicy concession from Trump just as Kim did. (As an interesting aside, note that the suggestion to stop joint military exercises with SK was given to Trump by none other than Putin himself.)

3 Likes

Trump needs a reason to wear his Free Pussy Riot shirt.

1 Like

Is the existing trade relationship we currently have and have had for a long time in jeopardy or something?

If they’re such villains, why have we been doing business with them for so long?

What kind of dirt have they had on all of the previous presidents back to Reagan?

With the EU, yes.

No, the one between us and Russia. The EU and Russia’s trade agreements are their own business.

I was referring to our trade relationship with the EU. So far as I know, our trade relation with the Russians is a relative pittance.

It is a pittance. Especially compared to the amount the EU is engaged in.

Maybe they don’t want anybody horning in on their territory.

Hey when your boss has video of you getting pissed on by hookers you do what your told & don’t ask questions :joy:

1 Like