T Nation

Why 5 Ft 6-Ft 10

Hello.

I know, this debates has been done in the forum lots of times, but I want to share my opinions and I want to support my ideas with both scientific and statistical methods.

Richest People on Earth About 5 Ft 10". ( Top Three )

Bill Gates : 5 Ft 9.5" http://www.celebheights.com/s/Bill-Gates-1062.html

Warren Buffet : 5 Ft 10" http://www.therichest.com/celebnetwo...ett-net-worth/

Carlus Slim Helu ( Richest on Earth ) : 5 Ft 8". http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...global-empire/

Toughest guys on earth,

Adolf Hitler : 5 Ft 8"

Mussolini : 5 Ft 6"

Napoleon Bonaparte : 5 Ft 6"

Joseph Stalin : 5 Ft 6"

Intelligent Guys :

Albert Einstein : 5 Ft 9" http://www.celebheights.com/s/Albert-Einstein-3193.html

Also I would like to add that, everyone knows that, Shorter Poeple fill better than Tall People in terms of bodybuilding. Current Mr. Olmypia Phil Heath is “Only” 5 Ft 9", and Ronnie Coleman is 5 Ft 10".

Now I have added all of Mr . Olympia Winners, Night Of Champion Winners and Arnold Classic Winners.

Guess what? The average height was “only” 5 Ft 9". (You can see in the attachment )

Also, one of the best lifters in the world are Average, Slighty Above Average or Below Average.

Ed Coan : 5 Ft 6" and 220 Lbs, one of the greatest Powerlifters ever.

Ted Arcidi: Was 5 Ft 10" or 11" : He was also world record holder in Benchpress.

Eric Spoto : He is “only” 5 Ft 10.5" and , currently has 722 LBS RAW Benchpress, World Record Holder now. ( Since 2013 )

Mike MacDonald : He has only “6.75” Wrists, “5 Ft 9” height, yet he was world record holder in Raw Benchpress once upon a time. ( 600 Lbs Raw Benchpress )

I also want to add that, one of the best fighters in history are near 5 Ft 10".

Joe Fraizer and Mike Tyson is about 5 Ft 10", and in my opinion they are greatest of all time.

Not to mention, Ikuhisa Minowa, who is “only” 5 Ft 9" , yet beat lots of 6 Ft + Guys in stage.

So I believe, 5 Ft 10" is great for men.

I also believe but 5 Ft 8" and 5 Ft 9" is close to 5 Ft 10" , so I think those heights are also good, but BORDERL�°NE.

Any smaller than is unfortunately short.

Also, shorter people live longer, due to less damage on cells. Tall people have more cells, which causes them to repair more, and in each repair “Telomeres” got “shorter”. Once you have no telomeres, you die. Because cells can not renew them any more.

But I would like to add my view on that. First of all, you cant compare a short person, who is malnourished , living in 3 rd world country to a tall , healty person who got accsess to all food, better healht care etc.

Its clear fact that, in this situation a taller person could live longer.

But both guys have good health care, nutrition, sports etc., a short man will definately live longer than a tall person.

Thats why 30-40 years ago, scientists thought taller people have longer lifespan, because of misinterpratiton of datas. You cant just simply compare apples to oranges.

Now Japan developed country as USA and Europe, and their lifespan is higher than western world.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.U4G_-HbwMXg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...tudy-says.html

*****://www.fightaging.org/archives/2013/08/the-cost-of-being-tall-is-a-shorter-life-expectancy.php

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...ists-find.html

Also, if you are short, you will survive much better in Warfare. Chances of bullet impact reduced.

“Audie Murphy, who was shorter and lighter (165cm and 50kg) than the average US soldier, was the most decorated war hero in WWII. Being small may be an advantage in field combat based on statistician Frances Galton who calculated that a tall that a 33% higher risk of being killed in combat compared to a shorter one. Sarna et al (1993) also reported that basketball players in the Finnish military had the highest combat death rate during WWII. In contrast, the shorter athletes had the lowest combat mortality.(54)”

http://kojutsukan.blogspot.com.tr/2011/01/shorter-people-have-certain-advantages.html

I’m not saying you’re wrong (I’m not actually sure what you’re saying), but your argument suffers from confirmation bias in your choice of specific examples.

The average male height is around 5’10 (I think), so it is no real surprise that top bodybuilders have a similar average. However this does not necessarily mean that being average height is in itself an advantage.

[quote]Wector wrote:

Toughest guys on earth,

Adolf Hitler : 5 Ft 8"

[/quote]

You lost me here…

LMFAO Chris

Thank you for clearly stating what needed to be said.

Where am I?

I only looked a the heights of the first couple of people you listed?.

ronnie coleman is 5’10"? Are you sure?

Ed Coan is like 5’-3" ~ 5’-4"

I’d check (not sure how) your facts again.

What about all the presidents of the US? Pretty sure a majority of them are 6’ +

Arnold was 6’-2"

I’m sure someone could come up with a similar list of guys over 6’

I think OP got beat up by a “tall” guy last night. Thats the only thing that could explain this thread.

Arnold is exception.

Majority of succsessfull bodybuilders are under 6 Ft. I think there is a reason.

There is not only Arnold in this world.

Mike Mentzer, Flex Wheeler, Frank Zane, those are greatest bodybuilders in my opinion and they are around 5 Ft 9".

Ed Coan is listed 5 Ft 6". I have never seen him listed as short as 5 Ft 3 or 4".

But if he is 5 Ft 4", he did a MORE MASSIVE accomhplishment. The guy has 2500 Lbs total! Huge…

[quote]Taxi wrote:
I’m not saying you’re wrong (I’m not actually sure what you’re saying), but your argument suffers from confirmation bias in your choice of specific examples.

The average male height is around 5’10 (I think), so it is no real surprise that top bodybuilders have a similar average. However this does not necessarily mean that being average height is in itself an advantage.[/quote]

But is not everyone says “Being average sucks, being tall is better”. Than if its the case, why majority of Succsessfull bodybuilders around 5 Ft 9"-10" ?

Mr. Olmypia Winners average height is 5 Ft 8.5"

Night Of Champions and Arnold Classic is also about that.

Arnold is 6 Ft 1.5" yes, but he is exception. Just like there is 5 Ft 9" Nba Player in NBA. Arnold is very succsessfull no doubt about it, but I have read lots of arguments in internet about him. Some people claim that he is 5 Ft 11" 6 Ft range.

When I look at his todays pics, I definately see him at 5 Ft 11" range. Sure, the guy is over 60 years old, maybe he shrink, but , Arnold has been doing bodybuilding since his teen years. As I know bodybuilders increase bone density and make them strong. So shrinkage is low possilibility for arnold in my opinion.

Also, there is a physical rule that why shorter bodybuilders look “more” filled out.

There is a Square Cube Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law

Which explains why creatures are not scaling up linearly. ( This also states that why Huge Mammals look totally different from small mammals for example, due to this law ).

If a person height increase linearly, it has to increase it mass in magnitude of “Cube” in order to match “Same” proportion.

So If he assume Ronnie Coleman is at 5 Ft 10", his contest weight is 290 Lbs as I know. His height is 70".

707070: 343.000.

Now Consider a 6 Ft 7" bodybuilder, in order to him to get SAME PROPORTIONS as Ronnie, ( 79 Ä°NCHES )

797979 : 493.000.

493.000 : 343.000 = 1.437.

It means that, a 6 Ft 7" bodybuilder must be %43 heaviver than Ronnie Coleman , in order to have SAME look.

So 290 x 1.437 = 416 Lbs Contest, and around 450-500 Lbs Off Season.

I have never seen any bodybuilder in 415 Lbs Contest shape.

Yes there are huge bodybuilders, like Greg Kovacs, Nathan Jones ( 6 Ft 10" monster ), Great Khali, Paul Dillett etc. But none of them come close to 415 Lbs Contest weight, so thats why we have never seen 6 Ft 7" Mr. Olympia .

So that explains “Scientifically” why shorter guys fill better.

That explains why best height is around 5 Ft 10" in bodybuilding.

Arnold is Exception, but even arnold was only about 6 Ft 1.5". He is tall, but not giant.

But at the time he was competing, muscle mass was not that important.

Arnold was 235 Lbs contest and 260 Lbs off Season, which is light for todays standarts.

If Arnold competed Today, in my opinion, even he has got perfect body, he will come 7 time Mr .Olympia. I would have doubt about it.

What the hell is your point? People saying " It is better to be tall" are not speaking in terms of bodybuilding.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
What the hell is your point? People saying " It is better to be tall" are not speaking in terms of bodybuilding.[/quote]

Well some of them do. They say they are %100 Supeior to Shorter People.

And I say NO.

Best Physiques are around 5 Ft 10". Strongest Dudes ( In Benchpress ) are around 5 Ft 10". ( Eric Spoto for example ).

Wector’s obviously insecure about his own height, which I can only assume is about 5’6, and he wants to show the world that he can be just as good as everyone else. He will be rich and famous and hyooooooge.

Seriously though, this thread… damn…

I think we need to consider two, maybe even three additional fields of pseudoscience to make sense of all this.

1 Like

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Wector’s obviously insecure about his own height, which I can only assume is about 5’6, and he wants to show the world that he can be just as good as everyone else. He will be rich and famous and hyooooooge.

Seriously though, this thread… damn…[/quote]

No I am 5 Ft 9".

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Wector wrote:

Toughest guys on earth,

Adolf Hitler : 5 Ft 8"

[/quote]

You lost me here…[/quote]

The guys he listed were tough though.

as 5’11" all I can say is…WTF?

OP i am intrigued. Can you also give a scientific analysis with penis size as an additional variable?

[quote]Wector wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Wector’s obviously insecure about his own height, which I can only assume is about 5’6, and he wants to show the world that he can be just as good as everyone else. He will be rich and famous and hyooooooge.

Seriously though, this thread… damn…[/quote]

No I am 5 Ft 9". [/quote]

You meant 5’8, right?