Why 2015 Will Ramp Up the Revival of Boxing

ggg, kovalev

wlad vs a semi competitive fighter? deontay wilder has his first professional fight in jan!

CANELO VS COTTO ANYONE? CANELO VS PAC? COTTO VS MAYWEATHER AT 160?

in recent news. what about andy lee and macklins recent fights. suddenly taken a huge twist.

james degale vs froch?
anthony joshua taking on kevin johnson is even somewhat exciting to see where hes at.

in other news, andre wards a chump - Andre Ward's inactivity is nothing to do with Dan Goossen, it's because no one will fight him | Boxing News

so apparently ward is now THE MOST FEARED MAN IN BOXING HISTORY.
this from the guy said he rejected kovalev as there are no money fights at 175. christ, got be more money than not fighting at all though? his last fight, edwin rodriguez is sparring partner to froch.

thoughts? predictions? lets talk boxing!

and ill say this i think ward schools froch (my favourite fighter), beats ggg and kovalev all day, so dont think this an anti-ward rant

floyd will beat pac

joshua needs to fight a david price big puncher type

froch will beat chavez, degale will fight groves and win, then fight froch

degale would beat froch

fury would trouble wlad and deontay and probably beat both

brook khan will happen good fight brook ko win

golovkin needs to beat some big names same as kovalev really (bhop ancient) its a shame doesnt seem many big fights out there for either

[quote]CarltonJ wrote:
ggg, kovalev

wlad vs a semi competitive fighter? deontay wilder has his first professional fight in jan!

CANELO VS COTTO ANYONE? CANELO VS PAC? COTTO VS MAYWEATHER AT 160?

in recent news. what about andy lee and macklins recent fights. suddenly taken a huge twist.

james degale vs froch?
anthony joshua taking on kevin johnson is even somewhat exciting to see where hes at.

in other news, andre wards a chump - http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/andre-wards-inactivity-is-nothing-to-do-with-dan-goossen-its-because-no-one-will-fight-him/

so apparently ward is now THE MOST FEARED MAN IN BOXING HISTORY.
this from the guy said he rejected kovalev as there are no money fights at 175. christ, got be more money than not fighting at all though? his last fight, edwin rodriguez is sparring partner to froch.

thoughts? predictions? lets talk boxing! [/quote]

Gonna come off like the curmudgeon here but what the fuck …

Well, the only classes I care about tend to be 147 or 154 - anything above becomes filled with middling European fighters that I believe are only champs or near champs because boxing isn’t hugely popular anymore (Klitsco, Froch, Lee, Macklin, Josua, etc.) and there isn’t good competition. For the record, I like Lee because he’s Irish, but he’s just alright. Nothing crazy special.

I like Kovalev and GGG, but there aren’t a lot of guys willing to face them, and the competition isn’t stalwart to begin with, so I just watch their fights and enjoy them without caring who they’re really fighting. So again, when there’s an actual threat, I’ll pay more attention.

Andre Ward literally kills me. He’s easily the best fighter in that weight class and each one up and down, but his inactivity is maddening. It is my opinion that he could be all-time great if he fought, and there isn’t ANYONE who beats him (not even GGG, sorry), but alas, he doesn’t. I dunno what to make of him anymore.

As for Cotto, Pac, and Mayweather, we’ve got to see how it shakes out. Boxing will only be rejuvenated after an abysmal 2014 if Mayweather and Pac fight. A second Cotto-Mayweather fight is great - I would love it - but it won’t have the curb appeal that May-Pac would.

Honestly I just hope it happens to shut people the fuck up. I’m tired of hearing about it.

Also, fuck Amir Khan. I hate him.

Also, Fury is a joke. The only bigger joke is Amir Khan, but that’s because of his mouth. If you’re going with actual size, Fury takes it easily though cause he’s like seven feet tall.

Wlad kills him.

Furys got people talking if nothing else.

Joshua looks like he could turn pro on an ifbb stage.

amir khan continues to talk about himself in the third person. what a dick. he and the media are citing his recent wins as merit to fight fmj. its a joke. collazo? Hatton beat him 9 years ago!! devon alexander is a good fighter, but nothing special.

irish, you are a Grinch lol. froch is a warrior.

I agree about ward, its a joke. honestly, hes the sort of guy that’s so skilled you can watch him train on youtube and its entertaining. you could make an argument hes p4p no1 imo.

id LOVE to see pac vs cotto at 154. I think cotto would ko him.

it is stupid to write off fury. he is 6 foot 9 and has just very very easily dominated a top 10 world level HW. no one is saying he is ali.

who cares about joshua’s muscles? so far hes not shown he even has one punch ko power all his fights are TKOs following a barrage.

he is showing promise but he clearly lost 2 fights in the olympics (cuban and final) and has fought no one in the pros. if he can KO david price and Tyson Fury in 2015 (which his promoter has spent 2014 saying will happen), then he will be a proven legit contender.

[quote]TheCB wrote:
it is stupid to write off fury. he is 6 foot 9 and has just very very easily dominated a top 10 world level HW. no one is saying he is ali.
[/quote]

The only reason anyone knows his name is, once again, because of the sad state of the heavyweight division.

Fury has never shown me that he will be anything more than a B grade fighter in a division full of them.

I could be wrong … but I doubt it.

[quote]CarltonJ wrote:

amir khan continues to talk about himself in the third person. what a dick. he and the media are citing his recent wins as merit to fight fmj. its a joke. collazo? Hatton beat him 9 years ago!! devon alexander is a good fighter, but nothing special.

irish, you are a Grinch lol. froch is a warrior.
[/quote]

hahah. I know, sorry! Froch is tough. I’m not saying he’s not. And I respect him. It’s just not a division packed with excitement for me. I can understand how Europeans might be enthusiastic about it, of course.

[quote]
id LOVE to see pac vs cotto at 154. I think cotto would ko him. [/quote]

154 is a bridge too far for Pac. He can barely hit and stay at 147 - I wouldn’t get enjoyment out of seeing him get beatdown at 154 simply because he was outweighed.

I’d rather see Pac stay at 147 or, better yet, go back to 140, and clean out those divisions if could. I would take a fight with him and Amir Con in a second, if not just to see Con get whipped and KO’d.

Ward’s reluctance to take fights is infuriating holy shit

I mean the product of him and Virgil Hunter working to together is ridiculous. He doesn’t get beat by anyone in his division or the nearest divisions. Nobody.

But nobody cares about that because he won’t fucking fight.

Don’t remember who said it but boxing is killing itself.
The cure would be to eliminate the promoters attached to each organization. instead of the top challenger for say the IBA tittle who isn’t even in the top 10 in rankings combined. If they did Mayweather/pac-man would happen more times than any other two fighters in the modern history.

The only exception would be NO Bernard Hopkins as a damn near 50 year old man holding a title from a second level organization. However, we as fans, would get to watch Klitchko still dominate but be the dominate UNIFIED champ with every other division

Sadly boxing’s lifeline is the pac-man/Mayweather fight if it happens and ends in a dominant fashion what will bring in the non-hardcore fans?

Wlad and even Vital are a few of the few Euro fighters who could fight in the divisions American Prime and have success. Might have more losses, but with their height, reach, and solid jabs would more than beat the likes of the Toney’s Morrison’s Moore’s and old Forearms easily and I think even Holyfield would get exposed for what he was. A bulked up cruiserweight without one punch knockout power. In shape Bowe gives them trouble. Tyson before he lost cusdemonto is the only AMERICAN I see beating either of them in their respective primes

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
Wlad and even Vital are a few of the few Euro fighters who could fight in the divisions American Prime and have success. Might have more losses, but with their height, reach, and solid jabs would more than beat the likes of the Toney’s Morrison’s Moore’s and old Forearms easily and I think even Holyfield would get exposed for what he was. A bulked up cruiserweight without one punch knockout power. In shape Bowe gives them trouble. Tyson before he lost cusdemonto is the only AMERICAN I see beating either of them in their respective primes [/quote]

I think that there are a number who would give them both fits - Tyson, Shavers, Ali, and Frazier would give Wlad a lot of problems.

Although I do tend to think that only Ali (and maybe Frazier) would give serious problems to Vitali. He’s a tough dude.

Frazier would have the same issue as he did against foreman. Same style but the bigger stronger man stands up, Ali wouldn’t be able to outsmart either. Ali is the original Holyfield, oversized cruiser/light heavy weight.

Tyson pre Douglas I agree but when he came back even razor Ruddock made him look average at best

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
Frazier would have the same issue as he did against foreman. Same style but the bigger stronger man stands up, Ali wouldn’t be able to outsmart either. Ali is the original Holyfield, oversized cruiser/light heavy weight.
[/quote]

At 6 foot 3 and between 215 to 230 pounds, Ali was an oversized cruiserweight?

Well, glad you made clear that boxing isn’t your forte before I wasted any more time here.

you have to remember Ali wasn’t a natural heavyweight and the weight he fought at as Clay was todays equivalent cruiserweight

first page it talks of the 1960 Olympics where he fought at Light heavy weight

[quote]BigEasy24 wrote:
you have to remember Ali wasn’t a natural heavyweight and the weight he fought at as Clay was todays equivalent cruiserweight
[/quote]

No. Ali weighed in at 210 for that fight - 10 pounds over the cruiserweight limit - when he was 22.

He was 215 for the first Frazier fight, 220 for Foreman, and 224 for the last Frazier fight.

So… no. There was no “equivalent to cruiserweight,” even when he was at his youngest and lightest.

The body gets bigger with age so by the time he had the 3rd Frazier fight he couldn’t come close to the 1st Liston fight weight. Put him up against 90% of his contemporaries and she how he looks like a weight class below. Frazier Norton looked twice as thick